Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bakibuki View Post
    The sad part is that NONE managed to say anything relevant so far.
    There is nothing relevant to your rant

Classic is a museum to show people how it was 15 years ago and not an expansion with change lists. The sooner you realize this the less time you waste on dumb topics like this

That some people thought that classic wasn’t going to be classic=lol.

This isn’t vanilla with training wheels. The game sucked in 2004, but some folks like it that way. You’re playing in their world. Love it or quit.

Yet another "changes but only the changes I like" thread. Oh boy.

I'm often labeled a Blizzard shill or "Classic hater" but years ago when Legacy servers had yet to be announced one of the biggest concerns I had about Blizzard bringing back Classic was the fact that a.) They'd never truly encapsulate the fully nostalgic experience because gaming has changed so much in the last 15 years and b.) This community would get fragmented by players who want change, players who are mostly agnostic to change and players who do not want any change at all.

And that's exactly what we have now. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    you know what else was not vanilla?

Starting with 15 year knowledge
    having updated itemization ready at launch
    99% of all pvpers running arround with engineering destroying pretty much any possible fun

Pretty much this are def true... Don't see any points to continue classic

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yet another "changes but only the changes I like" thread. Oh boy.

I'm often labeled a Blizzard shill or "Classic hater" but years ago when Legacy servers had yet to be announced one of the biggest concerns I had about Blizzard bringing back Classic was the fact that a.) They'd never truly encapsulate the fully nostalgic experience because gaming has changed so much in the last 15 years and b.) This community would get fragmented by players who want change, players who are mostly agnostic to change and players who do not want any change at all.

And that's exactly what we have now. Meh.
    #JustMyChanges

2. PVP Rank System
    - Yeah, I have been told about the "haha r14 is impossible lololoolollll", I totally agree with that right now. I'm not a classic player so I don't know what will happen, however I know 1 thing, way too many players are getting frustrated because doing bgs today has absolutely 0 sense. 0. 0 relevant rewards. 0 feeling of progress. I'm joining bgs just to have some fun, do some duels and log off, if the system would reward me for winning like a normal player I would play way more and enjoy it a lot more. The WORST part is that NONE of the crazy grinders that play 14h / day AV, are even enjoying it. None likes this system made exception probably for the 0.1% of the players, which is damaging the other 99.9%.

If any fix is coming soon about that, my request is, fix it NOW... don't make us wait 2-4-10 months for that. It's needed NOW.
    Good ol casuals, they will never get what someone who has put in the time will get, so they DEMAND that a change be put in so they can achieve it too without putting in any work. Retail is for you,retail is the life of casuals... go enjoy your lfr and pointless pvp system.

P.S there aren't 0 relevant rewards for pushing rank 14, the weapons are BIS for every melee class in the game at the moment, and will be until C'thun. So they're grinding to get their best weapons for the next 8-10 months in BGs/Raids/Duels/Worldpvp ect. Seems like a solid reason to me.

BOTTOM LINE: GO to World of retail casual and stop crying, you must be on welfare in real life

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic shouldn't be the BAD version of. the game, and we shouldn't just go retail or quit, because retail its NOT classic for MANY reasons. 1 of this for example, which its pretty OBVIOUS its that BGS have 0 meaning, instead they are the CORE of classic end game. Why? Because people do the content that gives them REWARDS and a feeling of PROGRESS. Why not making this feeling better and possible for 99.9% players?
    That's just the thing though. What you're seeing in Classic is literally what playing vanilla WoW was like. BTW people didn't do BGs as "end game" unless they were only going for r14. People did BGs for fun and to get away from the endless dungeon spam for gear that was better than raid gear (yes there were plenty of dungeon blues that were better than raid gear in vanilla) or when they weren't farming herbs, ores, cloth, or leathers for crafting, or farming cloth for turn ins for rep to get the riding skill of other factions once the quartermasters were added to the game. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you DIDN'T play vanilla because all of your complaints about Classic are core to the vanilla experience.

LAST thing and I won't write again, the r14 shouldn't be the IMPOSSIBLE thing, why? ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. FOR NONE. the guys that are doing it, have 0 fun doing it. Change the system, I could think about something way better just in 10 minutes, and YOU guys should aim the same, for keeping classic alive cos classic didn't bring JUST the old game back to life, it brought WOW back to life because it was different in some CORE parts that until now didn't bother as much as the things I mentioned that just came up with the BGS and so on. As simple as that.
    First of all the word is FUN not FUNNY. Funny is something that is comical while FUN is something you enjoy. Secondly if you think that people who farmed for 12+ hours a day for weeks on end to get r14 were having fun, well I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. They did that because it was a challenge that not everyone was up for. There were plenty of people who account shared that the account was logged in 24/7 for several weeks being played by 2-4 people just to get that one character to r14. Does that sound like something that was FUN to you? Getting to r14 was literally a job you did instead of working IRL at a job. it required dedication and commitment. If you don't have that dedication and commitment now, don't try to demand Blizzard nerf the game to cater to your casual playstyle demands. I'm proud of the fact I got to r8 which is Legionnaire during vanilla (was hoping to get r10 to complete my blue set of pvp gear but that didn't happen). I raided in one of the best guilds on my server back then (got 3 KT kills in before BC hit) yet I still had time to casually play some PvP in my spare time. I didn't bitch to Blizzard back in vanilla that the grind to r14 was too difficult. I knew it took dedication and commitment to do it. I didn't demand they change things either. You, on the other hand, being the millennial/entitled person you are are demanding the game cater to your needs instead of playing the game as it was back then..........
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2019-12-24 at 01:36 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    " i never played classic, but this game needs to be changed for me because..."

I disagree with everyone of your points.

This is how WoW got to it's current state. People wanting the game changed to better cater to their wants. The game, in it's infancy. Was a grind. Meaningless? Un-enjoyable? Yes. And that's what was re-released. Don't like it? Didn't expect it? Bummer. That's the game. Wait for the next rendition / TBC server.

You want to be rewarded more and more frequently for anything you do in the game. This is why LFR & welfare epics were created and anything further down the line were started.

It's not a bash. But when people say "Go play retail" (often used as a insult, I get it). Everything you want and just talked about? Is currently in retail. PVP, arena, etc. Currently provide more honor. Faster rewards. And honestly is probably just better for what you are looking for.

Instant gratification? Instant reward? LOL, I wasn't complaining with the world pvp , I used to play 4-5h / day of world pvp and I did place 300 on my server, it was PERFECTLY fine. I played 2 months to end on rank 6 with 0 rewards. You are talking about instant gratification??? playing 1-2 months knowing it might take another 2-3 months to gain eventually a cool peace of gear its instant gratifications?? 5 months of wow 4-5h /day? LOL at you and at who doesn't understand a simple point.

I'm complaining about the fact people here even mention the "instant gratification" when im complaining about the "impossible never coming gratification that will make 99% players give up and make the player base to decrease like crazy".

You guys are just stubborn and you really want to see classic with 1/10 of its current players ^^ but HEY at least its like the original version when they didn't intent anything. They simply sow how the game was reacting and realised they didn't think about certain things before and fixed them after. people used to play wow before because 15 years ago an MMORPG like this was by itself AMAZING. The game could have sucked even more than how it was, and STILL it would have been amazing. But time change, and some adaptations are needed if you want Blizzard to win, and not some crazy nerd who can't even think and realise the big picture of keeping WOW alive thanks to classic's REAL CORE points why people LIKE it for real compared to retail as a different game itself.

(and YES I perfectly agree classic MUST be different than retail, it IS totally different, want me to make you list and show you that this crazy things im complaining about have 0 place on why people like classic?).

Instant gratification? Instant reward? LOL, I wasn't complaining with the world pvp , I used to play 4-5h / day of world pvp and I did place 300 on my server, it was PERFECTLY fine. I played 2 months to end on rank 6 with 0 rewards. You are talking about instant gratification??? playing 1-2 months knowing it might take another 2-3 months to gain eventually a cool peace of gear its instant gratifications?? 5 months of wow 4-5h /day? LOL at you and at who doesn't understand a simple point.

I'm complaining about the fact people here even mention the "instant gratification" when im complaining about the "impossible never coming gratification that will make 99% players give up and make the player base to decrease like crazy".

You guys are just stubborn and you really want to see classic with 1/10 of its current players ^^ but HEY at least its like the original version when they didn't intent anything. They simply sow how the game was reacting and realised they didn't think about certain things before and fixed them after. people used to play wow before because 15 years ago an MMORPG like this was by itself AMAZING. The game could have sucked even more than how it was, and STILL it would have been amazing. But time change, and some adaptations are needed if you want Blizzard to win, and not some crazy nerd who can't even think and realise the big picture of keeping WOW alive thanks to classic's REAL CORE points why people LIKE it for real compared to retail as a different game itself.

(and YES I perfectly agree classic MUST be different than retail, it IS totally different, want me to make you list and show you that this crazy things im complaining about have 0 place on why people like classic?).
    Stop.

What people like you fail to understand is that they said they were going to release Classic based on Vanilla. That's it. Nothing else. You want better WPVP and a different BG queue system? That's no longer Vanilla and no longer Classic. If they make a change to anything in this game. That opens the door for people to just start demanding more changes. And at what point do you not just re-make the game? They don't want to do this. They will ride this money rocket until it burns itself out.

So keep your pious attitude and continue calling the community ignorant and stubborn. It's called being realistic. Your window for making quality of life improvements to this game ended 15 years ago

- Give x2/x3 more honour reward if someone does world pvp
    . Give people an actual reason to keep doing SOME of it instead of JUST spamming bgs. It was kinda fun and its worth to give something relevant to people who are still doing it to keep doing it instead of falling too much behind and having 0 fun.
    PS: when you make a suggestion in complain post and talk about something in particular. Then say you didn't talk about it. Doesn't help your case.

last edit: (and YES I perfectly agree classic MUST be different than retail, it IS totally different, want me to make you list and show you that this crazy things im complaining about have 0 place on why people like classic?).

This makes absolutely no sense.
    Last edited by Potatowizard; 2019-12-23 at 09:12 PM.

The problem is, once you start making exceptions here for what adaptations you believe should be made, where does it stop? *Disregarding the fundamental change it wrong bring to alter the Ranking system and honor accumulation* Next thing people will want Blizz to change the meeting stones into summoning stones, because the game needs to adapt to 2019. What about just letting people have a custom group finder, where players can list groups their building, so we don't have to sit in town? Maybe Blizz could implement a system where you could just say you wanted to do a dungeon, and the system would pair you up with other people who also want to do a dungeon?

I know slippery slopes often seem silly, but with Classic, it's real thing. If blizzard capitulates and makes these kinds of alterations to PvP, no matter how up to date they may be, players will start to ask for them to make other accommodations. Blizzard doesn't have much ground to stand on at that point. They already made relatively drastic changes to one aspect of the game, why can't they do it for the other parts of the game?

It's unfortunate, because yes, there are some parts of Classic that straight up feel insanely antiquated (which felt bad even when playing Vanilla), but if you start altering things, it won't be long before Classic becomes unrecognizable for what it's meant to represent. Like many have said, short of Blizz eventually doing a Classic + type evolution after Naxx, if you want to enjoy classic, you're going to have to enjoy it as is, warts and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad part is that NONE managed to say anything relevant so far.
    I'm not sure you understand the concept of relevance. What's relevant here is that Classic WoW is the way it is because that's what was requested and given to players.

What is irrelevant are "urgent changes" that need to be made anytime soon. The game is what it is; it's not likely to be changing for quite some time because that would destroy the idea that motivated its release.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I've said it since before classic came out, but the honor system is garbage and they should change it, especially since we have megaservers fueling competition. It would be infinitely better to just create static brackets now that xrealm BGS are out and everyone has the ability to get roughly the same honor. ~ 1mil for top bracket and 900k for bracket 13 would be fine. That's still a weekly 50 hours (more than a fulltime job) of grinding at the rough maximum of 20k honor per hour you can do now for 12+ weeks, definitely not instant gratification.
    Last edited by Warning; 2019-12-23 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. No.
    2. No.
    3. No.

Classic isn't targeted at 'casuals'. It is targeted at the folks that howled and squealed that they wanted Vanilla (or as close as they could get). I understand your frustration at your epiphany, you now just have to come to terms with the fact you aren't going to get what you want.

There is zero shame in admitting that you misjudged Classic and that you now realize that it isn't for you.

What you are asking for aren't 'fixes'... a 'fix' is correcting a spelling error... what you are asking for (and what you aren't going to get) is core level changes to how the game functions.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2019-12-23 at 10:05 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

And what are you basing this on other than your personal opinion? Do you have anything at all to back up your claim that if these changes are not implemented, the player-base will "decrease like crazy" with your secondary claim being that 9 out of every 10 players will quit because of this one factor. Your entire argument is one massive logical fallacy.

I don't have a solid opinion either way. I get the OP wishing things were different, and i understand #nochanges people. So I'm gonna try and contribute something else:

I think, from a long term point of view, one of three things will happen. Either classic will lose enough subs to shut down (which is alright, every multiplayer game dies at some point), or it will garner enough popularity that the #somechanges crowd will start to multiply and win out.

It's true that retail has changed much over the years and many that like classic are unhappy with those changes, but the main reason that people don't want changes is (justified) fear that it will ruin what they got. When the joy of what we got will lessen (due to just getting used to what we have, or some specific system of the game being too outdated for long term health etc), the fear of change will probably weaken, especially if blizz hints at the option of changes different to the previous expansions.

The final option is simply blizz continuing into a tbc server and then if it works out wrath etc.

Its just my prediction, i might be completely wrong and classic will just survice as it is for years on end, but that's how i see the dynamic most likely evolving. Changes happened in the past for a reason, even if the execution wasn't always perfect.

(fun fact: i play some classic, mostly for questing, but i enjoyed retail beside bfa including all expansions).

While I understand the frustrations OP presents, I also understand that this is what Vanilla was and is what Classic was supposed to be.

If you don't like it, don't play the damn game and go play the version that caters to your viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    While I understand the frustrations OP presents, I also understand that this is what Vanilla was and is what Classic was supposed to be.

If you don't like it, don't play the damn game and go play the version that caters to your viewpoints.
    This thread should have been titled correctly "things i personally would like changed in Classic wow"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    I don't have a solid opinion either way. I get the OP wishing things were different, and i understand #nochanges people. So I'm gonna try and contribute something else:

I think, from a long term point of view, one of three things will happen. Either classic will lose enough subs to shut down (which is alright, every multiplayer game dies at some point), or it will garner enough popularity that the #somechanges crowd will start to multiply and win out.
    Here's the issue - there is NO consensus between the #SomeChanges crowd. What they ACTUALLY want is #JustMyChanges

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Want R14 > do it like we did it. premade, lose your life, your job, your sleep and farm mindlessly.
    to be fair... the few people that got hwl on horde on my server shared accounts with 1-3 other people to help them farm.

dont take this as an "omg make it easier!" post. im just saying thats how it was on skullcrusher.

What do you mean ling BG ques? My ques are instant. Oh wait... you went Horde to have over powered racial abilities and to out number alliance in world pvp. Hope you enjoyed the first month, enjoy the ques now. I think I'm at like 92% win with 0.5 second ques.

I'm a player who since classic released I used to play around 2-5h almost everyday. I did my levelling, I did my raids, my gold farming, my world pvp and my overall grinding to get everything in spot to keep enjoying the game. I was excited about how Classic was looking. Sadly now I'm not, and I thought about sharing my opinions on what should be done urgently in game to make it way better for "casual" players like me and don't lose me as a player.

1. BGS
    - make premades to meet only premades. Specially in WSG. Its soo frustrating and disappointing to wait 8-18 mins of que, to than meet an enemy team who has absolutely 99.9% chances on winning. BGS got a factor of RNG, but thats way too much. Basically meeting premades all the time, at any damn time of the day, made me quit almost. And NO, don't tell me I shall simply make a premade myself, because it's NOT FUNNY winning destroying pugs. I get 0 satisfaction from doing that.

- Thats not required, but would be cool to have a sort of comp while you try to que, like making sure each team has the same amount of healers, or minimum 2. (basically the concept is the same, but less important, try to make the game less RNG as possible when it gets into losing 30 minutes of our lives into something that is just a big announced and frustrating loss).

2. PVP Rank System
    - Yeah, I have been told about the "haha r14 is impossible lololoolollll", I totally agree with that right now. I'm not a classic player so I don't know what will happen, however I know 1 thing, way too many players are getting frustrated because doing bgs today has absolutely 0 sense. 0. 0 relevant rewards. 0 feeling of progress. I'm joining bgs just to have some fun, do some duels and log off, if the system would reward me for winning like a normal player I would play way more and enjoy it a lot more. The WORST part is that NONE of the crazy grinders that play 14h / day AV, are even enjoying it. None likes this system made exception probably for the 0.1% of the players, which is damaging the other 99.9%.

If any fix is coming soon about that, my request is, fix it NOW... don't make us wait 2-4-10 months for that. It's needed NOW.

3. World PVP
    - Give x2/x3 more honour reward if someone does world pvp. Give people an actual reason to keep doing SOME of it instead of JUST spamming bgs. It was kinda fun and its worth to give something relevant to people who are still doing it to keep doing it instead of falling too much behind and having 0 fun.

In short, this IS what should be done in my opinion to keep players interested on it. Classic shouldn't be a 0 fun fiesta just because it WAS LIKE THIS before. None cares. Or at least, 90% players don't care. This 10% shouldn't damage the experience of the other 90%. For the ones that will critique me here on this forum, think about 1 thing, is it better to slowly get classic to 1/10 of its current players to "keep the game how it was before"? I guess we all like the fact classic its active, but for me the current state made me to pass from playing as I said 2-4h/day to 5-7h/week. If this will be the trend, ill play less and less and less till ill simply quit.

Probably none will read this, soz for my eng
    #nochanges sorry.