Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Saudis sentence five to death for Jamal Khashoggi murder

A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced five people to death for the murder of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi last year, the public prosecutor has said.

Khashoggi, a prominent critic of the Saudi government, was killed inside the kingdom's consulate in the Turkish city of Istanbul by a team of Saudi agents.

The Saudi public prosecutor said it was the result of a "rogue operation" and put 11 unnamed individuals on trial.

A UN expert has concluded that it was an "extrajudicial execution".
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50890633

Saudi Arabia has sentenced five people for the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who was found dismembered in Turkey. A highly controversial and suspcious incident.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Further quotes from that article:

A UN expert said the trial represented "the antithesis of justice".
    "Bottom line: the hit-men are guilty, sentenced to death. The masterminds not only walk free. They have barely been touched by the investigation and the trial," Special Rapporteur Agnes Callamard wrote on Twitter.
    The two most senior suspects - dubbed "the masterminds" - have walked free after a trial shrouded in secrecy.
    So basically, the Saudis are killing all the witnesses so they don't rat out the important people.

Lol.. killing off the witnesses GG

The Saudi Prince is vile scum, and everyone knows this is a sham.

At some point, one must decide to stop allying with trash like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US and every country should use the results of this entire situation to decide policy in the future.

I have not seen the evidence -- I doubt we ever will -- but I find "rogue operatives" incredibly unlikely.

MbS is definitely one of the most dangerous people in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The Saudi Prince is vile scum, and everyone knows this is a sham.

At some point, one must decide to stop allying with trash like him.
    I'd go a fair sight farther than not allying - there's no reason for the United States to have any business relationships with Saudi Arabia whatsoever. These are the fuckers that knocked down our towers, that push a strain of Islamism that is explicitly against everything we and our people believe and stand for. We have no need of them and I could not possibly care less if I pay eleven cents more for gas (or whatever the excuse of the day is) as a result of severing all ties with that cesspool.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    /shrug well it’s not that surprising that the obvious ring leader leaves unscathed. He would never be punished in SA even if he straight out said it.
    Thou I am shocked they didn’t just grab random prisoners and point at them to be the culprits

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully in the future governments aren't allowed to kill anyone...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd go a fair sight farther than not allying - there's no reason for the United States to have any business relationships with Saudi Arabia whatsoever. These are the fuckers that knocked down our towers, that push a strain of Islamism that is explicitly against everything we and our people believe and stand for. We have no need of them and I could not possibly care less if I pay eleven cents more for gas (or whatever the excuse of the day is) as a result of severing all ties with that cesspool.
    I don't find it often where I'm in complete agreement with you on many topics, but I am entirely in agreement with your sentiments towards Saudi Arabia. They've arguably done more shit to make a mess of things in the Middle-East than any other country in the past century, and we (the USA) are still enabling them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Hopefully in the future governments aren't allowed to kill anyone...
    Good luck with that. Saudis just got caught redhanded with their clumsy action. Now they will just off the fodder that was following orders for the show of "justice".

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I don't find it often where I'm in complete agreement with you on many topics, but I am entirely in agreement with your sentiments towards Saudi Arabia. They've arguably done more shit to make a mess of things in the Middle-East than any other country in the past century, and we (the USA) are still enabling them.
    I wouldn’t go so far. France and the UK with their colonialism and redrawing maps with no care messed up the Middle East.

Anyway on Saudi most of the terrorist came from there and officials are linked to 9/11 why the fuck we even support them makes no damn sense.

the world sees right through this sham carried out by saudi arabia.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    the world sees right through this sham carried out by saudi arabia.
    And still it wont matter, nothing will change

Incoming public beheadings.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Just when you think MBS can't get any worse, he pulls it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    /shrug well it’s not that surprising that the obvious ring leader leaves unscathed. He would never be punished in SA even if he straight out said it.
    Thou I am shocked they didn’t just grab random prisoners and point at them to be the culprits
    Seeing that the trials are mostly secret, I'd be more surprised if that ISN'T what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    SA sentences 5 tools with dirty handles to disposal.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The US and every country should use the results of this entire situation to decide policy in the future.

I have not seen the evidence -- I doubt we ever will -- but I find "rogue operatives" incredibly unlikely.
    "rogue operatives" is simply code for expendable killers errr "assets"

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello i'm scape have you met my brother goat?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!