Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    No, the money saved will trickle down soon, just wait for it. Employees will certainly enjoy the increased wages, under no circumstance they will be laid off by the hundreds!
    You're watching Trump's genius tax plan that fixed everything into action. Amazon agrees.

Oh wait...
    I can't believe people still swallow this trickle down economics BS.

They paid nearly a billion in 2017. The large year-over-year discrepancy does suggest some accounting shenanigans, but also suggests substantial reinvestment resulting in the 2018 negative effective rate. Looking at single year corporate taxes is generally kind of silly due to the effect of investments, realized losses, amortization, etc. I guess it makes a good clickbait outrage headline though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Just because it's technically possible for Blizzard to do it doesn't make them any less shitty for doing it.
    Not the point and you would be just as shitty and I'm sure are for taking advantage of things that lower your tax burden. The OP is making an attempt to lay blame on Blizzard for something that isn't their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So by Republican logic, there should be tons of job openings at Blizzard right?
    There are a ton of job openings at Blizzard.

The software engineer positions average six-figure compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthip View Post
    No, actually. Honest people don't by and large cheat on their taxes. It is relatively easy to do but some of us feel that trying to scam the taxman out of a few thousand means your local children's hospital won't have a kidney machine.
    Show me where they cheated? They are following the rules that were set up years ago for large corporations to take advantage of. Ifnyou are accusing them of tax evasion of fraud show your evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    They paid nearly a billion in 2017. The large year-over-year discrepancy does suggest some accounting shenanigans, but also suggests substantial reinvestment resulting in the 2018 negative effective rate. Looking at single year corporate taxes is generally kind of silly due to the effect of investments, realized losses, amortization, etc. I guess it makes a good clickbait outrage headline though.
    Like I said, the OP is just trying to stir shit over something they have no understand about.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Just because it's technically possible for Blizzard to do it doesn't make them any less shitty for doing it.
    Blizzard is a publicly traded company. The people making fiscal decisions there have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders and can be held liable for not doing so. If I were a shareholder of a company that decided to just not take legally allowed deductions for ill defined reasons of it being "shitty" to do so, I would be pissed.

Shouldn't you direct this outrage at your current legislators?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Show me where they cheated? They are following the rules that were set up years ago for large corporations to take advantage of. Ifnyou are accusing them of tax evasion of fraud show your evidence.
    There is literally no point in explaining anything to you because there is clearly no scenario where you would not be sucking Blizzard's dick.

If Chris Metzen had a closet full of children he raped repeatedly you'd be there defending him and Blizzard. You have a sub-juvenile intellect and you think Blizzard is your friend, there's no arguing with that level of stupid.
    Last edited by Vanthip; 2019-12-24 at 06:28 PM.

They also laid off hundreds of people this year after record breaking profits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Bingo the whole corporate tax rates in the US are too high was always complete and utter bullshit unless your accountants were morons those companies never paid that much.

Blizzard is a publicly traded company. The people making fiscal decisions there have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders and can be held liable for not doing so. If I were a shareholder of a company that decided to just not take legally allowed deductions for ill defined reasons of it being "shitty" to do so, I would be pissed.
    "Blizzard are great because of some shit I made up to sound clever which can't be substantiated in any way". Great argument, Jeb.

"Blizzard are great because of some shit I made up to sound clever which can't be substantiated in any way". Great argument, Jeb.
    It's really not my problem if you don't understand the basics of how how publicly traded companies work. You should probably see yourself out of any conversation about corporate taxes and finance if you think what I wrote above is unsubstantiated though - it's basic.

There is literally no point in explaining anything to you because there is clearly no scenario where you would not be sucking Blizzard's dick.

If Chris Metzen had a closet full of children he raped repeatedly you'd be there defending him and Blizzard. You have a sub-juvenile intellect and you think Blizzard is your friend, there's no arguing with that level of stupid.
    Wrong. But if thatbhelpsnyou sleep at night little man keep on believing.

It's really not my problem if you don't understand the basics of how how publicly traded companies work. You should probably see yourself out of any conversation about corporate taxes and finance if you think what I wrote above is unsubstantiated though - it's basic.
    You know you sound like a 12-year old that fancies themself as an intellectual, "actsherllly!....", inhales saliva.

Making vague reference to accounting jargon doesn't make you sound intelligent.

I know clever words so I am right! And if you disagree with me I will tell my Father!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Almost literally every senior politician in the US is bent, so that's basically a great way of doing nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's legal. If anyone wants to do more than bitch about it on a forum somewhere then go and vote for people who won't spend all their time figuring out how corporations and the well-off can pay less or no taxes.

Blizzard didn't cheat on its taxes. They took advantage of corporate loopholes that exist for all large corporations.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-12-24 at 07:02 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Your own president* bragged about not paying the taxes.

If the government allows it then I say go ahead and do it. The responsibility to enforce this lies on government's shoulders, but sadly USA are after the poor, not the rich.

I guarantee Blizzard is not the first, nor the last company to do this.

Don’t blame companies for doing what is allowed by laws. Don’t blame lobbyists for pushing the interests of the employers. Blame politicians for passing the laws and the people that keep voting for these politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And why is it in the WoW section? Also you can't blame a corporation for gaming the system, when your own government has made it easy for them to do so..
    DING! Blizzard didn't write the tax code, the US politicians did. Blame them for allowing Blizzard, and similar companies to take advantage of this system.

Write your congressman, vote in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    People should familiarize themselves with what a tax rebate actually is before they make asinine statements such as "taxpayers having to pay $228 million to Activision"

Thats like saying that the taxpayers paid for my mortgage interest deduction. Total BS
    and people shouldn't confuse personal taxes and corporate taxes as the same thing, but....

The guy has a point but its far from a Blizzard thing. All corporations are getting to double dip hardcore. But remember.. all your jorbs will be going over to China (where they will have to pay taxes) if they dont get PAID to stay here. LOL.. yeah right..