Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The freaking token ain't P2W, what the hell are you on about?

They don't advertise the token as a means to buy gear or boosts (since buying boosts is kinda of a grey zone). Argumenting that you can finish up your professions with that is hilarious, that is something you can do since vanilla.

Blizzard ain't selling you gear to progress, they don't sell you a finished up profession with all the plans you want/need. Only thing they sell is a leveling boost and that isn't really a P2W feature, rather something for the lazy and people just wanting to go straight to the end game.

If you keep saying "but i can buy boosts/power with the gold from a token!11!1!" then let me tell you a thing: I can farm gold ingame and do that too, shocker i know. But worse, i can't buy "power" and since rio score nowadays says a lot of you getting anywhere, you mostly can't do anything if you don't show the score for it.
    Sig by Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    but for the sake of argument, lets say winning in an mmo was getting the best gear, well you could do that a darn sight easier if you can just keep buying wow tokens and buying top rolled boe's off the auction house. in a lot of ways a fresh character can go from 0 ilvl to relevant by doing this. combined with some effort of their own.
    Winning an MMO isnt getting best gear. Method killed Azshara Mythic in something like 430-435 ilvl gear (which is accessible even to low skilled players), and yes, they win progress race.

I exampled in other post about progress race between players with and without throwing real money in tokens. Throwing real money does nothing to progress if you're a good player because many preparations to raid race reqs rep/AP-thing grind that cannot be monetized, also all good players will do their progress in first several weeks when there are no any gold boosters activity. It can only help if you're a bad player and want to win some other bad players (though you never win good player if you're bad, even with throwing thousands bucks on tokens).

you don't need to be good if you can pay to be carried.

again the issue is that you don't win in an mmo, you have minor victories, but they are often overshadowed by later victories. any win is temporary in a game where the goal posts shift every few months.

what you can do though is dump money into the game and save yourself a lot of grind. which is pretty much the extent of any pay to win game, its not really pay to win, because its a fallacy you're not buying a win, you're buying a time saver. a convenience that makes you need to waste less life getting to the same place as someone who simply swiped a card.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-12-24 at 06:59 PM.

what you can do though is dump money into the game and save yourself a lot of grind.
    Actually... no.
    You cant overpass rep/AP grind with gold.
    You can buy raid or key run, but cmon, its not "a lot of grind".

if person A buys wow tokens because they want the auction house bronto, they have an endless wallet, they can just keep pounding wow tokens until they can afford it.

person B on the other hand buys no wow tokens, he gets to enjoy a manual 5 mil gold grind.

who gets the mount first. this is the very definition of paying to win, you're paying to skip the grind, essentially. you pay for someone else to grind for you. etc etc. you pay to skip the tedium. whatever it is, you don't have to suffer the slog of manually accumulating that wealth, and can spend the time doing things you want to do.

i this is the very definition of paying to win, you're paying to skip the grind, essentially. you pay for someone else to grind for you. etc etc. you pay to skip the tedium.
    You can't skip much for gold actually.

no but you can grind the fucking reputations instead of gold though right? yay its gone full circle. shame it wasn't obvious enough. if you've bought gold you can spend the time doing the important things that you should be doing, and spend far less time doing the things that you want to do for the gold but don't need to because you don't need the gold. :/
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-12-24 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could always pay to win in WoW. I remember service by PvP gladiators who will play with you and boost you to 2200 rating for some real money. Pay and Win. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    As stated in Title. How long now until they offer official Box gear boost or the likes? "For 19.99 Get 450 Raid ready items" You need flask? For 5.99 get 200!

I for one hope it does not but if it does how far out do you think we are from this reality.
    Considering people have been asking that question since the very first store mount, and it's been nearly 10 years and we haven't gotten to that point, probably a long ways off.

Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    As stated in Title. How long now until they offer official Box gear boost or the likes? "For 19.99 Get 450 Raid ready items" You need flask? For 5.99 get 200!

I for one hope it does not but if it does how far out do you think we are from this reality.
    About the same time you quit making stupid posts. AKA Never.

no but you can grind the fucking reputations instead of gold though right? yay its gone full circle. shame it wasn't obvious enough.
    You can grind both same time. Its simple.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    You could always pay to win in WoW. I remember service by PvP gladiators who will play with you and boost you to 2200 rating for some real money. Pay and Win. Easy.
    That kind of pay to win exists long before WoW and in all MMOs

what does simplicity have to do with anything, its subjective and not relevant. everyone plays for different lengths of time and at varying skill levels. 'just do both its simple' ok thanks for the insight? who says i want gear, or to raid, maybe i just spend most of my time fishing.. how does one win the game as a full time fisher?
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-12-24 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    That kind of pay to win exists long before WoW and in all MMOs
    Exactly. That's why I don't think that it really matters. As long as honest player can achieve everything, it's fine. They could sell mythic raid gear chest once a week for $10 for all I care.

what does simplicity have to do with anything, its subjective and not relevant. everyone plays for different lengths of time and at varying skill levels. 'just do both its simple' ok thanks for the insight?
    Its actually not that hard. Just take herb/mining or herb/alch and make some gold while running WQs for rep/AP prind.

maybe i don't have time for that. i only play for a couple hours a week. i don't want to spend that time grinding. this is trailing though i'm just feeding your strawmen for the sake of it at this point.

maybe i don't have time for that. i only play for a couple hours a week. i don't want to spend that time grinding.
    You will grind rep/AP any way (and can't buy it with gold), so you will anyway do many WQs.

yeah and someone buying gold can spend more time doing world quests, that award AP over gold, or simply do less gold rewarding activities, and more rep and ap rewarding activities because... they bought gold and don't need to specifically farm gold.

so to finally put a fucking pin in this shit.

if one person buys gold and another person doesn't buy gold.

the person who buys gold can grind ap and rep, and spend most oftheir time doing that. BECAUSE THEY DON'T NEED GOLD.

while another person who doesn't buy gold, has to grind the gold, so they get LESS OVER ALL TIME SPECIFICALLY FARMING AP AND REP AND ITS SPLIT BETWEEN THAT AND FARMING GOLD, BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T BUY ANY.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Since gold can be used to buy power and blizzard is selling you gold then the token is p2w.
    You can make that same amount of gold and buy the same “power” I can buy.

The only advantage I gain is the time needed to get that amount of gold.

I bought something like 7-8 tokens in the last 2 years and the only power I gained is not having to farm to repair the equipment and bags / loom upgrades for alts.

yeah and someone buying gold can spend more time doing world quests, that award AP over gold, or simply do less gold rewarding activities, and more rep and ap rewarding activities because... they bought gold and don't need to specifically farm gold.

so to finally put a fucking pin in this shit.

if one person buys gold and another person doesn't buy gold.

the person who buys gold can grind ap and rep, and spend most oftheir time doing that. BECAUSE THEY DON'T NEED GOLD.

while another person who doesn't buy gold, has to grind the gold, so they get LESS OVER ALL TIME SPECIFICALLY FARMING AP AND REP AND ITS SPLIT BETWEEN THAT AND FARMING GOLD, BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T BUY ANY.
    I have a good amount fo gold without particular grind. Just from other activities. So its not p2w. Its even not worth it, there are better ways to spend money and get something than buying token.

This discussion makes no sense.

wows been p2w since the introduction of wow tokens, asian-mmos level of p2w really

"oh but not so much see look my narrowed down vision that prooves buying gold on a game that you can buy almost everything with gold is not p2w"