Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I re downloaded this to pick it up, I’m a former founder and all, went to set up action bars and only had 1, they wanted 5 dollar to unlock additional action bar! Immediately uninstalled

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Sith Inquisitor was one of my least favorites.

Sith Warrior is my favorite, followed by Jedi Knight (which is basically just KOTOR 3).

That said, story is subjective on which you like, if you like the game as a whole I'd encourage you to try and find one you enjoy.
    There's many things i like about it for sure. But a couple shortcomings that might be hard to get around. All the listening to all the talking is very exhausting for me.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Everyone raves about the story of SWTOR. I played Sith Inq, which is supposed to be the better of them and honestly it was just a bunch of, go to this hangar, kill tons of stuff, go to this room kill a ton of stuff. Honestly, after a while, I couldn't stand all the talking, was hard for me to retain the what and why of what I was doing.
    The Inquisitor is a little silly, I admit, since it seems designed around just living out your evil maniac fantasies.

Of course, the whole "collect 10 bear asses" meme that's at the heart of most MMORPGs doesn't pass SWTOR over either. It is, after all, only masquerading as a single-player game. But I still thought that most class stories are very entertaining, and given the abundance of XP etc. you can just do without side quests most of the time anyway (though some of those are interesting mini stories as well).

Personally, I most enjoyed Sith Warrior, Imperial Agent, and the Bounty Hunter. Republic Trooper was okay, Jedi Knight was very self-righteous. Sith Inquisitor played to maximum evil is fun but silly. Jedi Consular was okay. Smuggler I found a little boring.

And I do have to agree: for anyone that does think about playing this, subscribe. You'll be annoyed at every turn if you're not. But it's decent value for your money if you just want to play through the class stories.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    I re downloaded this to pick it up, I’m a former founder and all, went to set up action bars and only had 1, they wanted 5 dollar to unlock additional action bar! Immediately uninstalled
    If you were a founder you should have had 5 action bars I know i did when i went back after the F2P changes.

I played SWTOR from release and I played alot.
    Recently got hyped about playing it again because of The Mandalorian so I was wondering how bad or good the game is nowadays.
    I remember i stopped because the endgame was horrible back then. How is it now?

Is it possible to level a new character and get back into the game somewhat painless without having to pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Everyone raves about the story of SWTOR. I played Sith Inq, which is supposed to be the better of them and honestly it was just a bunch of, go to this hangar, kill tons of stuff, go to this room kill a ton of stuff. Honestly, after a while, I couldn't stand all the talking, was hard for me to retain the what and why of what I was doing.
    remember its in comparison to wow and other mmo's of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Swtor is a mixed thing for me.

On one hand, I don't like they just copied wows click skill makey damdge style of game play, it works for wow but jedi and sith.... And guns They need to feel more fluid, It would fit a more dragonage 2 style system mixed with destiny 2. I think that would have made the gameplay feel alot more engaging.

BUT omfg is the storys worth playing it through. There imersive and engaging and have the old bioware je ne sais quoi

It's a dipping game though something you play to go through the storys as they get added but there's not enough gameplay or endgame wise to keep some one around.

Where wow is really all about endgame and always has been, Swtor is entirly about the leveling and story.
    Action combat wasn't very common back then, and it wasn't a copy...if anything was a copy of a copy of a copy...but it isn't quite that...most other tab targeting was auto attack based.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Swtor is a mixed thing for me.

On one hand, I don't like they just copied wows click skill makey damdge style of game play, it works for wow but jedi and sith.... And guns They need to feel more fluid, It would fit a more dragonage 2 style system mixed with destiny 2. I think that would have made the gameplay feel alot more engaging.

BUT omfg is the storys worth playing it through. There imersive and engaging and have the old bioware je ne sais quoi

It's a dipping game though something you play to go through the storys as they get added but there's not enough gameplay or endgame wise to keep some one around.

Where wow is really all about endgame and always has been, Swtor is entirly about the leveling and story.
    You're saying WoW succeeds because it focuses on end game, yet people bitch 6months a year on this forum cause there's no endgame content after it's been cleared in a week lol. WoW is floating on it's name at this point and that's it, I can't remember the last time Blizzard made an actual solid start to finish raid, most raids have 1 maybe 2 bosses that are good every tier, outside of that it's just rinse and repeat 6months content until they release the next time consuming raid with the same morality.
    SWTOR might not have end game but it has far more replay value, but... it doesn't have the WoW name. I promise you if WoW released in 2019 for the first time, it would die in a year. And no....Classic isn't a sign of this cause Classic is just full of people who PLAY WOW and have played it for 15 years.
    SWTOR just released early cause EA rushed it, and it lost the start they could of had. The first year can make or break a game. Blade and soul/BDO/FFXI/FFXIV the first time it released/wildstar/ESo all MMOs that just had promise with something or another that hindered the start which impacted the rest of the future of the game.

Yeah poor little Star Wars if only it had some name recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    I'm also a Founder. Played since the beta. I didn't have to pay for more action bars. So either you're trying to talk trash about SWTOR and never actually played it or you just didn't know what you were doing with the interface.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    You're saying WoW succeeds because it focuses on end game, yet people bitch 6months a year on this forum cause there's no endgame content after it's been cleared in a week lol. WoW is floating on it's name at this point and that's it, I can't remember the last time Blizzard made an actual solid start to finish raid, most raids have 1 maybe 2 bosses that are good every tier, outside of that it's just rinse and repeat 6months content until they release the next time consuming raid with the same morality.
    SWTOR might not have end game but it has far more replay value, but... it doesn't have the WoW name. I promise you if WoW released in 2019 for the first time, it would die in a year. And no....Classic isn't a sign of this cause Classic is just full of people who PLAY WOW and have played it for 15 years.
    SWTOR just released early cause EA rushed it, and it lost the start they could of had. The first year can make or break a game. Blade and soul/BDO/FFXI/FFXIV the first time it released/wildstar/ESo all MMOs that just had promise with something or another that hindered the start which impacted the rest of the future of the game.
    And here's the thing....SWTOR DOES have end game content. They're called Operations. For someone to say there's no end game means they never actually played fully through the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    To say it has much better replay value is subjective. Some people won't bother going through a story if there's nothing waiting at the end of the journey. aka GW2 for the longest time.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post

Seems SWTOR is still bringing in nice money for EA, Enough that they went from their 50-60 staff to near 200 with their newest Expansion.

Perhaps EA is finally becoming willing to put more work back into it. Here is hoping.
    You know why it's doing so amazing? Have you seen their insanely huge store? Lots of money. Locking basic stuff like raiding Me dungeons behind irl cash payments.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account

Seems SWTOR is still bringing in nice money for EA, Enough that they went from their 50-60 staff to near 200 with their newest Expansion.

Perhaps EA is finally becoming willing to put more work back into it. Here is hoping.
    Well they took staff from TOR to work on Anthem...Anthem was released earlier this year so they probably just returned. Lucky there is something to return too with how TOR felt on life support at times the last few expansions.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You know why it's doing so amazing? Have you seen their insanely huge store? Lots of money. Locking basic stuff like raiding Me dungeons behind irl cash payments.
    You mean like a Sub? Though F2P restrictions have been lifted quite a bit. You can do more as a f2p in Swtor than WoW.

swtor wont have a future at all if they dont boost optimization

I quit the game multiple times because it runs so poorly nobody can take that mmo seriously

worse part? Bioware keeps adding new and more demanding assets that run at 20fps on a 2080TI

7+ Year Old Account
    You mean like a Sub? Though F2P restrictions have been lifted quite a bit. You can do more as a f2p in Swtor than WoW.
    Cant do dungeons as a free to play in Swtor.
    Your also heavily limited on bag slots, bank space, currency held, YOU CANT EVEN WEAR PURPLE GEAR if you are F2p, and thats not "oh you never paid" thats even "oh i did pay, but now im no longer subbed"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cant do dungeons as a free to play in Swtor.
    Yes you can.

- - - Updated - - -

thats not "oh you never paid" thats even "oh i did pay, but now im no longer subbed"
    Preferred Status got a lot of restrictions removed as well.

For 1 $15 sub you unlock Everything in the game up to lvl 70 including all story chapters for KotET anf KotFE. And F2P gets to play 1-50 and the first 2 expansions free.

You are literally talking about something you don't even know.

>imagine complaining that you get to play 80% of a game for Free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    worse part? Bioware keeps adding new and more demanding assets that run at 20fps on a 2080TI
    Absolute bullshit, I have a 2080ti and I run above 100fps on maximum settings in 1440p in nearly every area of the game.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2019-12-25 at 05:36 AM.

They need to embrace being a casual game and add controller support their stories are awesome but the lack of a controller support like ff14 makes it annoying to play kicked back in a chair.

Went to to main action bar, hit the little + to add an action bar and it asked for me to make a purchase for either this character specifically or for it account wide. And I haven’t played in a long time, so this was on my 52 Sith Sorcerer, he was only allowed to use 1 action bar, unless I purchased.

I don’t need to dog the game out when it’s developers do it for me.

Your reverent defense of this trashheap is unbecoming friend.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played it at start, reaching high end with all the nice gear and more and more I played the more frustration I got because of how bad the fps was. 10 people on a screen created some weird lag. Win trading was a thing because the realms were so empty.

But the fps issues while javing a suoer good pc killed it for me.. I loved the combat system tho, no auto attack made me feel I was more.in control.

Shame .. it was a good game.