Where in the questlines and storylines does Sylvanas burn the tree?

I missed it somehow, I was doing the quests up to it, then I don't know what happened, I just missed it. What did I do wrong? Did I miss a quest? I keep going back and looking through old stuff and I just don't know where to find what I missed. And this is too vague to search on wowhead. Help please.

For one, this doesn't occur anywhere near the events happening during Classic's time period.
    Two, this happened ingame during a time-limited pre-expansion patch event.

This is the problem with how they handle lore and general story events in WoW. Most of the important bits of story are rushed/glanced over during time-restriction pre-patch/patch events and aren't ingrained in the natural progression of the game.

This generally goes for WoW as a whole, it has become extremely segmented due the expansion focused nature it begun with in TBC and worse worsened by the increasing focus on patches through mid-late WotLK all the way to BfA. If you aren't playing each and every patch you either lose access to content or have to skip it entirely in order to maintain pace with the rest of the player base.
    Last edited by A Blue Smurf; 2019-12-25 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Blue Smurf View Post
    For one, this doesn't occur anywhere near the events happening during Classic's time period.
    Two, this happened ingame during a time-limited pre-expansion patch event.

This is the problem with how they handle lore and general story events in WoW. Most of the important bits of story are rushed/glanced over during time-restriction pre-patch/patch events and aren't ingrained in the natural progression of the game.

This generally goes for WoW as a whole, it has become extremely segmented due the expansion focused nature it begun with in TBC and worse worsened by the increasing focus on patches through mid-late WotLK all the way to BfA. If you aren't playing each and every patch you either lose access to content or have to skip it entirely in order to maintain pace with the rest of the player base.
    They should let the player choose when they create their character between a storyline and a free for all kind of leveling to make things consistent for those that care about lore and get rid of all the bullshit for people that don't

Wrong forum. Sylvanas is just a useless night elf NPC in Classic, she doesn't do anything.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Why do you ask this in Classic part of the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    They should let the player choose when they create their character between a storyline and a free for all kind of leveling to make things consistent for those that care about lore and get rid of all the bullshit for people that don't

Aye, they definitely should implement some sort of "story" mode in which you can choose a storyline, starting at the relevant point in the timeline for it, and progress through it within a world that reflects that storyline's events.

There's usually some sort of object to click or item to turn in to trigger these kind of cut scenes. Try going to the coast of Darkshore where Nathanos and Tyrande fight and look for a clickable item on the ground. Not sure there is one, but that's where it would be logically.

You have to complete the Goblin quest prior to unlocking the world tree event.