Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Merry Christmas! - Wild Holly and Crashin' Thrashin' Juggernaut / Battleship Gifts

Merry Christmas! - Wild Holly and Crashin' Thrashin' Juggernaut / Battleship Christmas Gift
    The Christmas Gifts are now available in-game in some regions and you might want to log in to grab this year's gifts!

Wild Holly and Crashin' Thrashin' Battleship (A) / Crashin' Thrashin' Juggernaught (H) are now under the tree, along with all of the usual gifts. The Wild Holly turns your mount into a reindeer (during Winter Veil only).

10+ Year Old Account
    Still shocked we have never had a Winter Veil type instance to run the same way Brewfest, Hallows End and Midsummer do. Maybe with a mount to farm or a special winter transmog....

Not that I am complaining as we do get a free toy every year

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Still shocked we have never had a Winter Veil type instance to run the same way Brewfest, Hallows End and Midsummer do. Maybe with a mount to farm or a special winter transmog....

I think it's because they did the Winter Veil mount differently. You have to do the garrison dailies in order to have a chance each day at it. So instead of it being instanced, this is open instanced. Granted between the two I'd rather have the instance so I can just queue and go instead of hearth, fly, kill, fly back then get disappointed. Plus the dailies are only if you have Tier 3 (maybe Tier 2 too?) version of the garrison which limits attempts too since not a lot care about the garrison to do anything with it.

I just like how one of the items is limited to Winter Veil duration only. Guess we can't have holiday stuff outside their appropriate holidays. Surprised the hearthstones haven't got nerfed to only work during their holidays.

be sure to visit Blackfuse in Siege of Orgrimmar today. only today, sadly

That's one angry Rudolf, probably because of the fat Panda on it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    For what?

- - - Updated - - -

We got the Greench that scales up every year, even though the ilvl of stuff is crap [trinket and daggers].

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I think it's because they did the Winter Veil mount differently. You have to do the garrison dailies in order to have a chance each day at it. So instead of it being instanced, this is open instanced. Granted between the two I'd rather have the instance so I can just queue and go instead of hearth, fly, kill, fly back then get disappointed. Plus the dailies are only if you have Tier 3 (maybe Tier 2 too?) version of the garrison which limits attempts too since not a lot care about the garrison to do anything with it.

I just like how one of the items is limited to Winter Veil duration only. Guess we can't have holiday stuff outside their appropriate holidays. Surprised the hearthstones haven't got nerfed to only work during their holidays.
    Totally forgot about that mount, I got it so long ago now. I remember farming for it for ages too back in Wod :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ll never understand why they changed the holly to work on Christmas only. Was it really that bad having people use it to turn their mounts into reindeer the first ten years or the game? Because it was like that for literally the first decade. And you still rarely saw the holly used. Blizzard can be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I’ll never understand why they changed the holly to work on Christmas only. Was it really that bad having people use it to turn their mounts into reindeer the first ten years or the game? Because it was like that for literally the first decade. And you still rarely saw the holly used. Blizzard can be weird.
    not changed.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=21213/preserved-holly

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    Because of this: https://www.wowhead.com/news=250365/...fter-blackfuse

It's not too soon to return to Siege of Orgrimmar and check out festive Siegecrafter Blackfuse! He's all dressed up for the holidays with lights and wreaths as decorations. His sawblades are even Christmas wreaths and the mines carry gifts.

This NPC is only festive on Christmas Day, which is too bad as many people are busy on that day.

I suppose I'll have to wait until the 27th like other years ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    That's one angry Rudolf, probably because of the fat Panda on it...
    Ergh, it's a nightelf Rudolf druid... quite honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gifts aren't actually under the tree in NA until 10am PST. I don't know why that isn't mentioned in this article that went up hours before and said they are "now under the tree" despite the fact they wouldn't be clickable for close to 5 hours after posting.

3+ Year Old Account
    I so wish they would do an entire update of Winters Veil; 13 or 14 years of Greatfather Winter handing out the same crap gets old, although I like the new toys that he gives us. I’m not unappreciative though; I would just like a new event and all for the holiday.

But anyway - Merry Christmas y’all!
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Totally forgot about that mount, I got it so long ago now. I remember farming for it for ages too back in Wod :P
    Yeah, I’m surprised most stopped doing it since the mount is BoE and can be sold on the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I’m surprised most stopped doing it since the mount is BoE and can be sold on the AH.
    I stopped doing it because it never dropped for me...like the HH mount never drops.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    What about Santa Pepe?

Did anyone get the toys added as soon as they logged in instead of having to open presents?

Doesn't exactly sell for a lot, and it doesn't sell well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dalrint View Post
    Did anyone get the toys added as soon as they logged in instead of having to open presents?
    Nope, had to unwrap.

kinda shocked Wild Holly is a 1 min cooldown but i guess since it only will work for 7 more days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I stopped doing it because it never dropped for me...like the HH mount never drops.
    Hey man if it makes you feel better, I did the Halloween event one time the first year it was released and got HH's mount. I'm not a mount collector.