Thread: Warcraft Series

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warcraft Series

In light of the success of fantasy-esque series like Game of Thrones and The Witcher, i believe blizzard should make one of their own. This time, blizzard should rely on their amazing cinematic and music departments instead of companies like Legendary, and directors like Duncan Jones. On one hand, i think it should be fully CGI, like their cinematics (as we've seen how real life actors and sets could ruin a fantasy movie like Warcraft), but on the other hand, constraints like budget could interfere with that kind of a vision. What i had in mind is that instead of telling the story in a chronological order, every season should have a number of episodes, which tells the stories of a certain race (much like lords of war). For example:

Orcs

First Episode: Kargath and the Shattered Hand clan.
    Second Episode: Grommash and the warsong clan.
    Third Episode: Durotan and the Frostwolf clan.
    Fourth Episode: kilrogg and the Bleeding Hollow clan.
    Fifth Episode: Gul'dan and the Shadow Council.
    Sixth Episode: Nerz'hul and the Shadowmoon clan.
    Seventh Episode: Blackhand and the Blackrock clan.
    Eighth Episode: The uniting of the clans, and the subsequent invasion of azeroth.

Humans

First Episode: Terenas Menethil and The kingdom of Lordaeron.
    Second Episode: Anduin Lothar and the kingdom of Stormwind.
    Third Episode: Antonidas and the magical city of Dalaran.
    Fourth Episode: Daelin Proudmoore and the nation of Kul Tiras.
    Fifth Episode: Thoras Trollbane and the nation of Stromgarde.
    Sixth Episode: Genn Greymane and the kingdom of Gilneas.
    Seventh Episode: Aiden Perenolde and the nation of Alterac.
    Eighth Episode: The formation of the Alliance of Lordaeron.

Trolls

First Episode: Jin'do, Hakkar, and the Gurubashi tribe.
    Second Episode: Zul'jin and the Amani tribe.
    Third Episode: The Drakkari and the Scourge.
    Fourth Episode: The Sandfury trolls and Zul'farrak.
    Fifth Episode: Rastakhan, Zul and the Zandalari tribe.
    Sixth Episode: The Zandalari trying to unite the different Troll tribes.

Dwarves

First Episode: Madoran Bronzebeard and the Bronzebeard clan.
    Second Episode: Khardros Wildhammer and the Wildhammer clan.
    Third Episode: Sorcerer-thane Thaurissan and the Dark Iron clan.
    Fourth Episode: The War of the Three Hammers.

Tauren

First Episode: Cairne Bloodhoof and the conflict with the Centaur.
    Second Episode: Huln Highmountain story during the War of the Ancients.
    Third Episode: Magatha Grimtotem and her evil schemes to overtake the bloodhoof tauren.
    Fourth Episode: The Yaungol invasions.
    Fifth Episode:The Icemist tribe of Taunka.

Night Elves

First Episode: Azshara and her reign.
    Second Episode: Xavius and his schemes.
    Third Episode: Malfurion and his tutleage under Cenarius.
    Fourth Episode: Tyrande and the Priesthood of Elune.
    Fifth Episode: Illidan and his mad pursuit for power.
    Sixth Episode: Maiev and the Wardens.
    Seventh Episode: The War of the Ancients and the Sundering.

Undead

First Episode: Arthas, his transformation into the Lich King and the formation of the Scourge.
    Second Episode: Sylvanas, her death by the hands of Arthas and the subsequent release from his grasp.
    Third Episode: Kelthuzad and the Cult of the Damned.
    Fourth Episode: Anu'barak and the kingdom of azjol-nerub.
    Firth Episode: Mal'ganis and the dreadlords' rule over the scourge.
    Sixth Episode: The Formation of the Forsaken, and the subsequent alliance with the Horde.

Gnomes

First Episode: High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque and the underground city of Gnomeregan.
    Second Episode: Sicco Thermaplugg and his attempts to overthrow Gelbin.
    Third Episode: The invasion of the troggs, the radiation and evacuation of Gnomeregan.

Blood Elves

First Episode: Anasterian Sunstrider, the Exile of the Highborne, and their arrival at Quel'thalas.
    Second Episode: The war against the Forest Trolls and the Orcs alongside the Humans.
    Third Episode: Kael'thas Sunstrider and the Magisters.
    Fourth Episode: Lor'themar and the Farstriders.
    Fifth Episode: The Windrunner Sisters - the relationship between Alleria, Vareesa and Sylvanas.
    Sixth Episode: The invasion of the scourge and the destruction of the Sunwell.
    Seventh Epidose: Lord Garithos, the journey to Outland and the alliance with the Horde.

Draenei

First Episode: Velen, his rule alongside Kil'jaeden and Archimonde and his foresight.
    Second Episode: kil'jaeden, his rule alongside Velen and Archimonde, and his lust for power.
    Third Episode: Archimonde, his Tutleage under Thal'kiel in the Wakeners, and the subsequent "dethroning" of Thal'kiel by him.
    Fourth Episode: The acception of the Fel Gift by the Eredar Lords and the evacuation of the Draenei from Argus.
    Fifth Episode: The landing on Draenor, the relationship with the other races of the planet, like Ogres and Orcs, and the building of their civilization.
    Sixth Episode: The siege on Shattrath City by the Blood-crazed Orcs.

Goblin

First Episode: The primitive Goblins and their discovery of Ka'jamite.
    Second Episode: The Bilgewater Cartel and the slavery of Trolls to harvest Kaja'mite.
    Third Episode: The Steamwheedle Cartel and their rivalry with the Bilgewater Cartel.
    Fourth Episode: The Venture Company and their operations.
    Fifth Episode: Kezan, the Undermine and the destruction of the Island by the Volcano.

Worgen

First Episode: The origins of the Worgen curse with the Pack Form and the War of the Satyrs.
    Second Episode: The creation of the Scythe of Elune and the banishment of the Worgen to the Emerald Dream.
    Third Episode: Arugal and the summoning of the Worgen.
    Fourth Episode: The Worgen curse spreading throughout Gilneas and the war with the Forsaken.

Pandaren

First Episode: The Mogu and their enslavement of the Pandaren and the other races.
    Second Episode: Kang, the first Monk, and the Pandaren Revolution.
    Third Episode: The Zandalari Troll Wars and the creation of the Order of the Cloud Serpent.
    Fourth Episode: Y'shaarj, The Mantid swarm invasions and the Threat of the Sha.

This could lead, eventually, to a full scale movie about the Faction War, with the different races that were shown on the show. and if not, then it could lead to a grand final season about the Faction War.

The idea is to broadcast the Alliance side on one channel (or streaming service), and the Horde side on a rival channel (or streaming service)

This is, of course, a rushed off sketch. what do you guys think? what would you like to see on a warcraft series? share your ideas and opinions.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-05-21 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of an anthology series like this, but I worry it would feel disjointed and out of place for viewers who aren’t used to the lore. They’d have to incorporate several races at the same time in one season, but maybe not all. Instead of each season following one race, why not each season follow two races on each side, like the mirror race you get from the Orb of Deception. Human/Orc, Night Elf/Forsaken, Gnome/Tauren, Dwarf/Troll, Draenei/Blood Elf, Goblin/Worgen etc etc etc.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I like the idea of an anthology series like this, but I worry it would feel disjointed and out of place for viewers who aren’t used to the lore. They’d have to incorporate several races at the same time in one season, but maybe not all. Instead of each season following one race, why not each season follow two races on each side, like the mirror race you get from the Orb of Deception. Human/Orc, Night Elf/Forsaken, Gnome/Tauren, Dwarf/Troll, Draenei/Blood Elf, Goblin/Worgen etc etc etc.
    Yes. that is the idea. while one channel broadcasts the orc side, for example, another channel will broadcast the human side, simultaneously.

Ctrl+F "could be about"

whew, talk about repetition.

And it shall be animated!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    It will be as messy as Witcher. I like it.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Fuck no. The movie was enough of an abomination. Leave Warcraft/Wow to ingame and novels story telling, thanks.

Warcraft is too ridiculous these days. They'd have to retcon tons of stuff to turn it into a presentable form.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love that. On the condition of it staying true to the franchise but not bound by the current lore. It should have it's own story and characters instead of just trying to retell something we already know.

Like the fall of Stromgarde, or the recapture of Hearthglen by Argent Crusade, or the healing of Felwood, the game has so many great settings and zones that need further exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    This is, of course, a rushed off sketch. what do you guys think? what would you like to see on a warcraft series? share your ideas and opinions.
    Nope. The IP is just ad-hoc mashup of various "borrowed" ideas. It's not original, it's not engaging or deep enough. MMO is fine. Comic book is fine. Commissioned IP-novels are OK. Perhaps animated series, but that's kind of stretching it.

That's about it. There movie was a hugely ambitious project and it wasn't successful. Let's leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Nope. The IP is just ad-hoc mashup of various "borrowed" ideas. It's not original, it's not engaging or deep enough. MMO is fine. Comic book is fine. Commissioned IP-novels are OK. Perhaps animated series, but that's kind of stretching it.

That's about it. There movie was a hugely ambitious project and it wasn't successful. Let's leave it at that.
    You know what? i wouldn't be against it being an animated series like the WoW animated shorts (Shaohao, lords of war, harbingers & warbringers).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see one but as previously mentioned its too much of a ragtag bunch of thrown together stories to work for a series. You could focus on one thing but for nondedicated fans you'd be missing so much lore. I had the same issue with the movie too centralized for fans but still too spread out for casual/newcomers.

Not a bad idea at all, I like the concept, never thought of doing it from a racial perspective, but it could work.

30 min episodes, like Clone wars cartoon network.

Fully CGI , and after the whole lot on the major races, they can then do a full fledged series, or jump to each expansion starting from Classic, leaving room for more movies to do WC2 and WC3.

it would be 1 hour episodes for each expansion, covering the main theme, then finally settle on a fully series to complement the existing expansion..

A Warcraft Netflix show centered around Arthas would work great. They could give Jaina her own subplot (like Yennefer in Witcher) and maybe tell Thralls story aswell where he has to escape Lordaeron. There is a fanmade Youtube series about this that retells the WC3 story and its a really good watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    As long as it's done by Netflix and Jaina is black.
    And played by Beyonce so she can sing Daughter of the Sea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Warcraft is too ridiculous these days. They'd have to retcon tons of stuff to turn it into a presentable form.
    I can see it now. A diamond dwarf talking about prepping a doohickey to blast a giant parasitic inter dimensional monster with a "re-origination blast." Even the general audience that watches Lord of the Rings would think us Warcraft fans have to be coked out of our minds to enjoy this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You know what? i wouldn't be against it being an animated series like the WoW animated shorts (Shaohao, lords of war, harbingers & warbringers).
    Yeah, that would work I think.
    I'd watch it.

Me personally i think it would be a good concept hard to do, i would almost make a mini series/movie w/e out of each book.... I just wish people liked the Warcraft movie, because i was totally looking forward to an Arthas movie...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

I think an animated series would work better. Warcraft just needs too many special effects to work well alongside live-action actors.

My dream would be a movie-length Blizzard-quality CGI cinematic but that has close to 0 chances of ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Yeah, that would work I think.
    I'd watch it.
    It could even have a neat voice over, which will explain whatever the show lacks to deliver on its own. much like the animated shorts or the audio drama (A Thousand Years of War, The Tomb of Sargeras).
    Last edited by username993720; 2019-12-25 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I think an animated series would work better. Warcraft just needs too many special effects to work well alongside live-action actors.

My dream would be a movie-length Blizzard-quality CGI cinematic but that has close to 0 chances of ever happening.
    Yeah we could have Blizzard+ or some other streamer service lol BlizzFlix? Blulu? i know they're all dumb but as much money as ActiBlizzard or w/e rake in im sure they could open their own in house production system. I doubt they'd take that kind of risk tho
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.