10+ Year Old Account

So when is Heroes going to add an "Avoid Player" feature?

Because Jesus Christ this game needs one.

I have had games where some vindictive shithead will purposely throw a game just to screw either myself
    or some other player that they have beef with.

If not for those reasons, they could just be players using troll picks to purposely lose/derank. And it sucks
    to get such a person on your team ***consistently***.

Overwatch has it, why not Heroes.

Never. Overwatch has the player population to support it, HOTS does not.

Even then it's only what, 3 people you can avoid?

I thought that if you blocked and reported a player you wouldn't be matched with that player again, I suppose they just make it less likely that you match with said player again.

This is probably anecdotal but I've never been matched with people that I have reported and blocked before.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Because Jesus Christ this game needs one.

I have had games where some vindictive shithead will purposely throw a game just to screw either myself
    or some other player that they have beef with.

If not for those reasons, they could just be players using troll picks to purposely lose/derank. And it sucks
    to get such a person on your team ***consistently***.

Overwatch has it, why not Heroes.
    Why do so many people have beef with you?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Never. Overwatch has the player population to support it, HOTS does not.

Even then it's only what, 3 people you can avoid?
    That's half the population of HOTS, so it's significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    That's half the population of HOTS, so it's significant.
    While a meme, HOTS probaly have one of the higher populations besides Dota and LoL due to brand name

While a meme, HOTS probaly have one of the higher populations besides Dota and LoL due to brand name
    Right, that's why they had to cut esports
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

In the major regions, yes. Especially Europe's population in the game is still super strong. The minor regions are struggling a lot with the lack of players though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue times this year have been practically the same for EU compared to other years, including ranked. I normally play several hundred games a year at around Master level, so I am basing this on quite a lot of personal experience playing HotS. The game still has a fairly big population in the major regions despite the cuts done since last December, but the minor regions got hit fairly hard based on some reports by people from there. The people who were actually a part of the esports circle and got affected by the cancellation of HGC were in the clear minority. The ranks that got hit the hardest were the Grand Masters, but GMs come and go every season and got replaced over time.

That's the simple reality of the situation, regardless of what meme you use to justify your position.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2019-12-26 at 12:50 AM.

This might come as a shock, but not every game can be successful as an eSport.

Just look at PUBG. Millions of people, terrible earnings for players outside of the Asian regions due to prize reward schemes, teams and organizations leaving enmasse
    Last edited by lollerlaban; 2019-12-26 at 05:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    would pay 5$ a month to have an avoid hammer queue for v.s. ai.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    would pay 5$ a month to have an avoid hammer queue for v.s. ai.
    This got me curious, what does it matter what people play in there?

10+ Year Old Account
    They will not add it and deal with it.

Unless you convince me, they got big enough team to do it.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday i played 2 time in one day with the same guy who just insanely feed, 11 deaths in 7 min
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkantosChampion View Post
    Yesterday i played 2 time in one day with the same guy who just insanely feed, 11 deaths in 7 min
    Open a whisper to them after the game. You don't have to say anything, it'll just put him in the chat grouping thing. You can check his status there. Go have a drink, get a couple of minutes of fresh air. And don't queue up again until he's ingame. It helps a ton in avoiding undesirables like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    This got me curious, what does it matter what people play in there?
    because sgt hammer completely destroys the v.s. ai mode when they can just rush core and end the game in less than 10 minutes.
    the a.i. simply cannot handle sgt hammer most of the time when she's backed up by a healer or even sometimes completely solo. it completely breaks the ai. even on elite it turns games into a complete joke unless the sgt hammer is mediocre or decides to play objectives.
    they never tweaked the ai to account for sgt hammers rework and ever since she has made v.s. ai matches with her boring.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-12-27 at 06:58 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because sgt hammer completely destroys the v.s. ai mode when they can just rush core and end the game in less than 10 minutes.
    the a.i. simply cannot handle sgt hammer most of the time when she's backed up by a healer or even sometimes completely solo. it completely breaks the ai. even on elite it turns games into a complete joke unless the sgt hammer is mediocre or decides to play objectives.
    they never tweaked the ai to account for sgt hammers rework and ever since she has made v.s. ai matches with her boring.
    Always found it crazy even the mediocre players tend to top all the charts with ease in A.I. you have to be really good just to keep up with a Hammer... honestly I think they could fix it by making the AI much more aggressive towards hammer, maybe going so far as to fixate on sieged hammers... idk.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    hah, good idea, thanks
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    maybe going so far as to fixate on sieged hammers... idk.
    I dunno if it still is but it actually was like that in the past. The second you sieged up, even if you were in a bush or something, they headed right for you.