Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Sylvanas is suffocating Alleria progress

I would have liked to see them evolve Alleria's character as a central figure in the Thalassian elvs, as she touches all their factions except of the San'layn led undead ones.

Yet I believe that the dev boner for Sylvanas, will likely mean we will never really see good lore progression for Alleria, blood elves, high elves or void elves.

Notice how often weak Lor'themar is written in the roles he appears in. Alleria had a strong return arc, that's really just fizzled, she plays almost no role in BFA, despite the promising start in the opening scenario and its cinematic.

Vereesa who showed up in Legion seems to go nowhere,

And blood elves, the most played end game race, still have their lore second class..

But then I am a bit fed up of the all consuming way they focus on characters in the expansion. Save it for the books, and please just focus on the races and zones in the game, To be honest, I'm far more interested in what the Thalassians (blood elves, high elves, void elves) etc are doing as a story that continues the race, as I am far more curious about other races and how they fair.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-12-26 at 09:47 PM.

Alleria's progress isn't suffocated in the first place. While she did not play a major role in BfA after the Battle of Lordaeron, where she saved Anduin and his army from annihilation, she was one of the major characters in the climax of Legion, and even saved the player character and Turalyon from death at the beginning of the Argus storyline.

We know that she wants to kill Sylvanas and we also know that there will be a Light and Void expansion in the future. She will play a major role once again, possibly in Shadowlands too. BfA just wasn't meant to be her expansion thematically.

Even if the final patch is about N'Zoth, since Ny'alotha is a raid and not an entire zone with its own questline a lot of characters did not even appear, Alleria being amongst them. As I said a raid does not allow the writers to develop a large cast of characters, and indeed most characters that have development there are either people who have been missing for years like Wrathion, or people like Azshara and Sylvanas who had a storyline to be concluded. If Ny'alotha was a zone like Argus or even just Nazjatar with an actual questline in it, I can guarantee you that Alleria would have played an actual role in 8.3. Especially since we know that she is very concerned with the threat posed by N'Zoth, so much so that she is the only one who points how they should make a truce with Sylvanas and resume conflict only after N'Zoth is defeated.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-12-26 at 09:47 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

She is a sub plot currently so focusing on her now is silly, when the true void expansion comes she will be front and centre.

Alleria progress?

She went from a Silvermoon hardline loyalist who hated the orcs for what they did to Quel'thalas to a traitor to her people with like 0 story development.

Oh and also she's like the bestest ever at shadow magic now because of reasons.

Can you count moving from Point A to Point Z as character progress even if you skip Points B through Y?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Alleria progress?

She went from a Silvermoon hardline loyalist who hated the orcs for what they did to Quel'thalas to a traitor to her people with like 0 story development.

Can you count moving from Point A to Point Z as character progress even if you skip Points B through Y?
    Family always comes first, and all her relatives are in the Alliance, aside from Sylvanas, whom she deems as lost. Also yes, she hates the orcs, that's why she rejects the Horde. She also remains loyal to Silvermoon and seeks to bring it back to the Alliance, where it belongs. She is not the best ever at wielding shadow magic, so much so that she has envisioned a potential future in which she succumbs to the whispers, and we literally see that possible future in 8.3. Also she trained under the Locus-Walker, who is one of the most powerful Void users in the cosmos, for 500 years, and the final stage of her training is the focus of the Mac'aree questline in Legion.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-12-26 at 10:52 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    She will have her progress in the cosmic force expansion(s) focused on Light vs Void.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lorthemar is written weak because it's a man and it's 2020

Everything related to voidelves is retarded.
    The less we have the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a void elf is what stifled her character.....

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewYang View Post
    -snip-

love spending the holiday seasons trolling online as candidate that regularly polls at 3-4%, instead of, i dont know, with friends and family
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-12-26 at 04:58 PM.

Alleria progress?

I see this far more often than I should. When she left for Outland, the High Elves were a part of the Alliance, she hated the Orcs like no other and undoubtedly the Trolls as well due to the history between the two people. She goes and fights in outer space for 10000 years and comes back to see her homeland has allied with the enemies she spent her life fighting and her sister is an abomination who is trying to kill everyone and everything. Did Alleria really become the traitor? The answer is of course no. I won't go so far to blame the Blood Elves for doing what they feel they should do to survive, but you can't accuse Alleria of treason for the drastic change in the political climate in her absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I see this far more often than I should. When she left for Outland, the High Elves were a part of the Alliance, she hated the Orcs like no other and undoubtedly the Trolls as well due to the history between the two people. She goes and fights in outer space for 10000 years and comes back to see her homeland has allied with the enemies she spent her life fighting and her sister is an abomination who is trying to kill everyone and everything. Did Alleria really become the traitor? The answer is of course no. I won't go so far to blame the Blood Elves for doing what they feel they should do to survive, but you can't accuse Alleria of treason for the drastic change in the political climate in her absence.
    She isn't a traitor because she never joined the reformed Kingdom of Quel'thalas in the first place, as she was away when Kael'thas ushered in the new age.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah so a fanboy/girl wants their character to get more screen time?

Well sorry, BUT Alleira is waaay weaker of a character then Lor'themar in almost everyway. Saying anything else is being completely dismissive of facts and events. Alleria shouldn't have been brought back after Legion her story was wrapped up nicely with a bow (almost literally), anything else is pandering to a selective audience. Making more story for a already overwhelming uninteresting character never works, and usually gets left unfinished. They gave her a unique power, made her a master, trying to force her to be a part of the story while her story in it self was/is done, while continuning to make her a ultimately boring character that doesn't really have a point.

Although if done right, with proper build up, a Elven Civil War would've been cool to see!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cathululock View Post
    Lorthemar is written weak because it's a man and it's 2020
    But he hasn't and never was, this person is just being dismissive of facts because Lor'themar is a badass, and one of the few leaders in all of Warcraft that actually acts like a reasonable leader

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    She isn't a traitor because she never joined the reformed Kingdom of Quel'thalas in the first place, as she was away when Kael'thas ushered in the new age.
    It is still the same kingdom

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Being a void elf is what stifled her character.....
    Having story forced on her is what stifled her character, her story, her journey, her character arc it was all completed by the end of Legion and kind of by the time we got to Argus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Having story forced on her is what stifled her character, her story, her journey, her character arc it was all completed by the end of Legion and kind of by the time we got to Argus
    True, anything that come after will be like the writers struggling to keep a finished story relevant. A this point only Umbric has potential to be something to develop more. As much as I don't like void elves I can say him playing around with void magic and being creepy is interesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    True, anything that come after will be like the writers struggling to keep a finished story relevant. A this point only Umbric has potential to be something to develop more. As much as I don't like void elves I can say him playing around with void magic and being creepy is interesting.
    He was already more interesting than Alleria in the allied race unlock quest, and he has room for progression and story developments because he is new, with no established story. Alleria is not, Alleria had her story written, and ended it even had a plot twist. Anything after just damages the journey taken for the promise of a new one with certain characters and the arcs they took and Alleria is one of them..there is truly nothing more that should be done with the character. Same with Turalyon.

I'm pretty alright with Alleria's progress being suffocated. Although, I personally preferred her and Turalyon in limbo to the developments they've received thus far.
    Tirion was killed off to be replaced by a vanilla yogurt version of a paladin, and Alleria is basically a slow-burn raid boss setup.
    The whole approach to void elves, in general, has been strange. I'm alright with less of them.

Alleria progress?

Why is she a traitor? Because she didn't join the Orcs who killed her people?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Everything related to voidelves is retarded.
    The less we have the better.
    ^ this

void elves are as bad or worse than WoD plot