Thread: Warcraft Series

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    And it shall be animated!

snip
    I had no idea that game was so polished. What a shame it never got released. It just oozes 80s/90s fantasy

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft lends itself to a more cartoon animated style. Maybe like Castlevania, I can see mnay of the races being pulled off a lot better in animation than live actions. WoW's fantasy is much more out there than Game of Thrones and Witcher, Tauren, Gnolls, Kobalds, Demons, its way too bonkers, all these cannot be put into live action without the overuise of either props or CGI, boith of which I think would be done poorly.

Animation certainly suits Warcraft more better, just because Warcraft's world is so bonkers with fantasy creatures.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-12-25 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    In light of the success of fantasy-esque series like Game of Thrones and The Witcher, i believe blizzard should make one of their own. This time, blizzard should rely on their amazing cinematic and music departments instead of companies like Legendary, and directors like Duncan Jones. On one hand, i think it should be fully CGI, like their cinematics (as we've seen how real life actors and sets could ruin a fantasy movie like Warcraft), but on the other hand, constraints like budget could interfere with that kind of a vision. What i had in mind is that instead of telling the story in a chronological order, every season should have a number of episodes, which tells the stories of a certain race (much like lords of war). For example:

Orcs: first episode could be about Kargath and the shattered hand clan. the second episode could be about grommash and the warsong clan. the third episode could be about durotan and the frostwolf clan. the fourth episode could be about kilrogg and the bleeding hollow clan. the fifth episode could be about gul'dan and the stormreaver clan. the sixth episode could be about nerz'hul and the shadowmoon clan. and the seventh episode could be about blackhand and the blackrock clan. the eighth episode could be about the uniting of the clans, and the subsequent invasion of azeroth.

Humans: first episode could be about the kingdom of lordaeron and the menethil lineage. the second episode could be about stormwind and the wrynn dynasty. third episode could be about dalaran. fourth episode could be about kul tiras and the proudmoores. fifth episode could be about stromgarde. sixth episode could be about gilneas. seventh episode could be about alterac. and the eighth episode could be about the alliance of lordaeron.

trolls: first episode could be about the gurubashi jungle trolls. second episode could be about the amani forest trolls. third episode could be about the drakkari frost trolls. fourth episode could be about the farraki sand trolls. fifth episode could be about the zandalari trolls. and the sixth episode could be about trying to unite the different empires, like in cataclysm.

dwarves: first episode could be about the bronzebeard clan. the second episode could be about the wildhammer clan. the third episode could be about the dark iron clan. and the fourth episode could be about the war of the three hammers.

tauren: one episode could be about the bloodhoof tauren. other episode could be about the highmountain tauren. third episode could be about the grimtotem tauren. fourth and fifth episode could be about the yaungol and the taunka.

night elves: one episode could be about azshara. second episode could be about malfurion and cenarius. third episode could be about tyrande. fourth episode could be about illidan. and the fifth episode could be about the war of the ancients and the sundering.

Undead: one episode could be about arthas. second episode could be about sylvanas. third episode could be about kelthuzad. and the fourth episode could be about the formation of the forsaken.

gnomes: one episode could be about high tinker gelbin mekkatorque. second episode could be about sicco thermaplugg. and the third episode could be about the radiation and evacuation of gnomeregan.

blood elves: one episode could be about kael'thas sunstrider. another could be about lor'themar. third could be about the windrunner sisters. and the fourth could be the destruction of silvermoon by the scourge.

draenei: one episode could be about velen. second episode could be about kil'jaeden. third episode could be about archimonde. fourth episode could be about the acception of the fel by the eredar lords and the evacuation of the draenei from argus.

goblin: one episode could be about the bilgewater cartel. second episode could be about the steamwheedle cartel. and the third episode could be about the destruction of kezan by deathwing.

worgen: one episode could be about the origins of the worgen curse with the night elves and the war of the satyrs. second episode could be about arugal and the summoning of the worgen. and the third episode could be about the worgen curse infecting gilneas.

Pandaren: one episode could be about the mogu enslavement of the pandaren. second can be about the pandaren revolution. third could be about the zandalari troll wars. fourth could be about either the threat of the sha, the mantid or the yaungol.

This could lead, eventually, to a full scale movie about the faction war, with the different races that were shown on the show. and if not, then it could lead to a grand final season about the faction war.

The idea is to broadcast the alliance side on one channel, and the horde side on a rival channel

This is, of course, a rushed off sketch. what do you guys think? what would you like to see on a warcraft series? share your ideas and opinions.
    A re-structuring of the elven groups and the trolls to paint a better picture that properly reflects them and easily fills 7 chapters

Night elves:

1st Epsiode: The origin of the Night elves: The Well of Eternity and The Rise of Queen Azshara and the Kaldorei Empire
    2nd Episode The war of the ancients and the sundering.
    3rd Episode: The demi-god Cenarius and the first druid Malfurion Stormrage
    4th Episode: Tyrande Whisperwind and the Order of Elune.
    5th Episode: Illidan Stormrage and the demon hunters
    6th Episode: The restoration of the Highborne and the Return of Suramar and the Nightborne
    7th Episode: The Defeat of the Burning Legion and the War of Thorns

High/Blood Elves:
    1st Chapter: Darth'remar Sunstrider: The exile, Quel'thalas and the founding of Silvermoon
    2nd Chapter: The Troll Wars of Quel'thalas and the Elf-Human Alliance
    3rd Chapter: Anastarin Sunstrider and the Windrunner family: The Second War and the first invasion of Quel'thalas
    4th Chapter: Kael'thas sunstrider, The Sunwell, the Invasion of Silvermoon by the scourge and the rise of the Blood elf
    5th Chapter: Lor'themar Theron, the exile of the High elves and the reclamation of Quel'thalas
    6th Chapter: The Re-ignition of the Sunwell
    7th Chapter: The rise of the Void Elves (Ren'dorei)

Trolls:
    1st episode: The Zandalari, the Mogu and rise of the Trolls
    2nd Episode: The war on the Azj'aqir and the dispersion of the Troll of Empire
    3rd Episode:The Gurubashi Empire, Hakkar the Soulflayer and the City of Zul'gurub
    4th Episode: The Amani forest trolls: Zul'aman and the pact with Orgrim Doom Hammer for the War of Quel'thalas.
    5th Episode: The drakkari frost trolls and the fall to the Lich King.
    6th Episode: The Darkspear Trolls: Sen'jin, Vol'jin and the Horde
    7th Episode: The return of the Zandalari, the defilement of G'hunn and the Battle for Dazar'alor
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-12-26 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    A re-structuring of the elven groups and the trolls to paint a better picture that properly reflects them and easily fills 7 chapters

Night elves:

1st Epsiode: The origin of the Night elves: The Well of Eternity and The Rise of Queen Azshara and the Kaldorei Empire
    2nd Episode The war of the ancients and the sundering.
    3rd Episode: The demi-god Cenarius and the first druid Malfurion Stormrage
    4th Episode: Tyrande Whisperwind and the Order of Elune.
    5th Episode: Illidan Stormrage and the demon hunters
    6th Episode: The restoration of the Highborne and the Return of Suramar and the Nightborne
    7th Episode: The Defeat of the Burning Legion and the War of Thorns

High/Blood Elves:
    1st Chapter: Darth'remar Sunstrider: The exile, Quel'thalas and the founding of Silvermoon
    2nd Chapter: The Troll Wars of Quel'thalas and the Elf-Human Alliance
    3rd Chapter: Anastarin Sunstrider and the Windrunner family: The Second War and the first invasion of Quel'thalas
    4th Chapter: Kael'thas sunstrider, The Sunwell, the Invasion of Silvermoon by the scourge and the rise of the Blood elf5th Chapter: Lor'themar Theron, the exile of the High elves and the reclamation of Quel'thalas
    6th Chapter: The Re-ignition of the Sunwell
    7th Chapter: The rise of the Void Elves (Ren'dorei)

Trolls:
    1st episode: The Zandalari, the Mogu and rise of the Trolls
    2nd Episode: The war on the Azj'aqir and the dispersion of the Troll of Empire
    3rd Episode:The Gurubashi Empire, Hakkar the Soulflayer and the City of Zul'gurub
    4th Episode: The Amani forest trolls: Zul'aman and the pact with Orgrim Doom Hammer for the War of Quel'thalas.
    5th Episode: The drakkari frost trolls and the fall to the Lich King.
    6th Episode: The Darkspear Trolls: Sen'jin, Vol'jin and the Horde
    7th Episode: The return of the Zandalari, the defilement of G'hunn and the Battle for Dazar'alor
    That looks awesome! Thanks.

Warcraft's story sucks. the only decent story arcs are Arthas and Sylvanas.

That looks awesome! Thanks.
    You're welcome - Could probably do more for the Undead too, they've had a lot of activity, including the Death Knights, the Scholomance and Stratholme, Andor'hol, the Nerubians, the Wrathgate and the Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that there is not a single protagonist in Warcraft.

If they were to do this, first they would have to stick to a big enough storyline that has a single character in the spotlight (and other minor ones), like Arthas, Thrall, or Varian.

During that story, you get the relevant parts of the world explained a bit, like what is Lordaeron, why orcs are there, etc. Then when the story is done, you have a solid base to build other stories on it; could also be non-canon ones at that point.

I would not like them to start off with made up characters because they have so much material it would be very, very foolish to come up with something no one asked for. Too many movies related to lore-rich worlds have done this, and it sucks, because you feel like you should know that place like the inside of your pocket, but you are stuck viewing it through a no name annoying kid.

It would HAVE to be animated to work with in the constraints of the budget, which is honestly probably a good thing considering the companies strongest asset by far is their art team.

The thing with a show is it needs good dialogue and the company has a track record of having cringy dialogue in almost everything.

So if it's like everything else they do, the show would look cool and having an interesting overarching idea, but not actually be interesting to watch outside of that.

Except the Witcher wasn't a success, and GoT crashed and burned harder than any other series in history.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

i think this much detail woud only interest people like us i mean the ones who actually play the game and have some basic info about the lore. Regular TV viewers would drown in this much detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    And played by Beyonce so she can sing Daughter of the Sea.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see it now. A diamond dwarf talking about prepping a doohickey to blast a giant parasitic inter dimensional monster with a "re-origination blast." Even the general audience that watches Lord of the Rings would think us Warcraft fans have to be coked out of our minds to enjoy this shit.
    What happened to you???

I remember you in the army of all these non-critical, angry fans. What happened? it's cool by the way you changed your mind

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard's cinematic department was to do them you would sacrifice game cinematics for several years for them to do this. Jeez, it takes them months and months just to crank out 5 minutes worth of cinematic.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    What happened to you???

I remember you in the army of all these non-critical, angry fans. What happened? it's cool by the way you changed your mind
    Huh? Like Samuel L Jackson said in Iron Man, "I'm the realest person you're ever gonna meet." Depends on the topic if I "appear angry" I guess. I like to debate passionately but I don't take myself or this game serious, at all. I'm a huge advocate of playable high elves but I'm often in the megathread calling out the regulars there who crusade it like their lives depend on it. It's all fun and games until a thread reaches 739 pages of the same cyclical debate. And it's the SAME members still arguing it today 739 pages later as it was in page 1.

In light of the success of fantasy-esque series like Game of Thrones and The Witcher, i believe blizzard should make one of their own. This time, blizzard should rely on their amazing cinematic and music departments instead of companies like Legendary, and directors like Duncan Jones. On one hand, i think it should be fully CGI, like their cinematics (as we've seen how real life actors and sets could ruin a fantasy movie like Warcraft), but on the other hand, constraints like budget could interfere with that kind of a vision.

What do you guys think? what would you like to see on a warcraft series? share your ideas and opinions.
    I would love for a well developed Warcraft-series to come out.

My main issue with the Warcraft-movie was that it tried to cover too much in too short of a timespan.

Having said that, I would prefer for it to be made entirely through CGI(in the same style as the Cinematics/Cinematic Trailers).
    Sadly though, I doubt that they will ever manage the time-requirements and the resources required for a fully CGI-rendered TV-series to be made.

But, one can dream!

As for the series itself, I would want it to focus on the main story-archs which we have gone through over the course of the game's(franchise's) history. Starting from the beginning.

Or, you could go with the starting point in the story being around where we went into WoW. And for anything that happened prior to this, to be shown as "flashbacks". As an example, when they introduce new characters they will also over time show their past, what they've been through.

So... they are making an animated TV Diablo & Overwatch series: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...-February-2020

According to Nick van Dyk's LinkedIn profile (president of Activision Blizzard Studios), Diablo and Overwatch will be getting an animated series based on the games.

The Diablo series will be an anime style, similar to Castlevania, and is currently in pre-production for distribution worldwide through Netflix.

His profile also mentions that he "developed and sold an animated series based Blizzard's Overwatch franchise", however further details about the Overwatch Animated Series have yet to be revealed.
    Why not make a Warcraft one based on the animation style of Burdens of Shaohao, Lords of War, Harbingers and Warbringers?

Just, please, dear god, don't let it be a japanese anime-cartoon style.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-02-18 at 08:19 AM.

So... they are making an animated TV Diablo & Overwatch series: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...-February-2020

Why not make a Warcraft one based on the animation style of Burdens of Shaohao, Lords of War, Harbingers and Warbringers?

Just, please, dear god, don't let it be a japanese anime-cartoon style.
    Because Warcraft lore is just a D&D knock-off in all sections with generic fantasy races, monsters and motives. And basically all story arcs and storytelling is more or less cheesy. Everything is painted in broad strieks, with simple easy to understand problems and solutions. And most of the time it ends wih the protagonists killing each other or the main characters basically signing a peace treaty that never actually happens because FACTION WAR!

I don't like real actors when it comes to Warcraft. In my opinion they should do it in the style of their cinematics like the Thrall vs Garrosh ones. Its not too expensive, which means longer and more episodes. It looks already good and could be looking even better with some polishing. And the style just fits Warcraft and a Warcraft series the most in my opinion.

Warcraft have not exactly been known for its good lore or writing except for perhaps the arthas storyline but I could see them doing something like a animated show.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-02-18 at 12:05 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Warcraft have not exactly been known for its good lore or writing except for perhaps the arthas storyline but I could see them doing something like a animated show.
    The overall designs and worldbuilding are cool. The characters are only an excuse for that.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

If they did make a cinematic/anime of Warcraft, it'd have to be insane. Warcraft is the most insane Blizzard franchise in terms of threats and all that shit. Coming from the Scourge, to the Titans, to the Constellars, to the Old Gods, to the Alliance/Horde War, etc. The first war alone being a film was a mistake.