Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    These threads make no sense. Even if wow classic could be a game with over a million constant subs, there's a few hundreds thousands of masochists who prefer to circlejerk between themselves forever in a game that is generally very easy and that only requires loads and loads of time. Enjoy your neck beards and living in your basement I guess, not sure if your family supports you or the government does. Don't take this as an insult but rather a statement of how much you need to have no life to really succeed in classic - I'm referring to the #nochanges team standard of success of course.
    If you want to keep this up forever ok, but it obviously has no logical sense unless you have the possibility to do nothing in your life but play and pretend to have fun in such a timesink.
    Classic has an amazing philosophy that easily defeats today's retail approach but it needs some changes to live a long term life. If the game is playable it becomes more and more alive as more people play it, which also nurtures retail and the generic wow franchise indirectly.

If you hate retail, treat it as a baby game and enjoy 15h of PvP per day for months on classic thinking to be good with your savory deviate delight fish effect while screaming #nochanges, remember that the majority of the playerbase wouldn't want to be you.

Grow up and stop being stuck in 2005, shouldn't you need to get a life by now?

Merry christmas

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odrareg View Post

Merry christmas
    you say that while talking about a 15 year old game on a 12 year old website. you the pot or the kettle cause looks to me like we're all stuck somewhere.

happy holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Odrareg View Post
    These threads make no sense. Even if wow classic could be a game with over a million constant subs, there's a few hundreds thousands of masochists who prefer to circlejerk between themselves forever in a game that is generally very easy and that only requires loads and loads of time. Enjoy your neck beards and living in your basement I guess, not sure if your family supports you or the government does. Don't take this as an insult but rather a statement of how much you need to have no life to really succeed in classic - I'm referring to the #nochanges team standard of success of course.
    If you want to keep this up forever ok, but it obviously has no logical sense unless you have the possibility to do nothing in your life but play and pretend to have fun in such a timesink.
    Classic has an amazing philosophy that easily defeats today's retail approach but it needs some changes to live a long term life. If the game is playable it becomes more and more alive as more people play it, which also nurtures retail and the generic wow franchise indirectly.

If you hate retail, treat it as a baby game and enjoy 15h of PvP per day for months on classic thinking to be good with your savory deviate delight fish effect while screaming #nochanges, remember that the majority of the playerbase wouldn't want to be you.

Merry christmas
    #nochanges #wasbadkeepitbad #iwanteveryonetoquit #imsmarterthanyou

10+ Year Old Account
    This post is yet another example of why the only reasonable stance on classic is NoChanges. The moment they cave and make some changes everyone will ask "why not fix X!?" because, face it, Classic is a recreation of Vanilla and while there was a lot of good stuff about Vanilla, esp the way the world felt and the RPG aspects of the game, there were a lot of things that weren't good.

NoChanges isn't saying "The game is perfect and cannot be better". Rather, it's saying "We want to have the experience of vanilla because even with the bad design choices and issues, we feel it's a good game."

Fixing some of the fairly obvious issues would be an interesting Classic+, but again, you have to trust the current team to make the changes you want and you have to accept that they'll almost certainly make some that you don't want. Past the fairly easy QoL updates (no mail delay, shorter hearthstone CD) it all goes slippery slope again.

Quote Originally Posted by bakibuki View Post
    #nochanges #wasbadkeepitbad #iwanteveryonetoquit #imsmarterthanyou
    Good talk. Sorry you're ideas are unoriginal and you can't handle criticism or the simplest explanation as to why these changes can't (or won't) happen

The sad part is that NONE managed to say anything relevant so far. Basically feels like all the people that would ever bother reading this posts are the 0.1% of the players that like this system... what you guys just don't understand it's that wow is 0 without players, and making the game overall better for the majority will keep it alive.

Basically all the quotes I had here, are about the fact classic IS BAD and it MUST BE BAD ^^.

To the guy who said "people would win trade if premades meet only premades" I tell him:
    - This "wintrading" shouldn't be ruining the wow WSG experience to ALL players in order to make sure a small % won't try to cheat. TONS of people are quitting everyday due to that.
    - If wintrading its the problem, simply add a rule, X team can't meet Y team more than 1 time every h. Problem solved genius. If the core team (at least 3 people out of 10) are the same people, make the rule apply even if some members are changed. Pretty easy hah?

To the guy. that talks about world pvp:
    - read again, its a problem it must be fixed, im saying that a guy that focuses world pvp or likes to do WSG (yes, which is x100000 more fun than spamming AV) should give IF not the SAME rewards as av, at least close to it in some way. World pvp atm compared to BGS its like 10%. Make it in proportion:
    - av 100%
    - wsg 70%
    - world pvp 45%

Pretty easy to understand, and would keep people motivated to do so.

The past relevant thing to mention right now is, I asked many people im playing classic with, on my "dead server" (dreadmist, so not a low pop PVE server) and NONE was happy about the SAME things im complaining about here.

Classic shouldn't be the BAD version of. the game, and we shouldn't just go retail or quit, because retail its NOT classic for MANY reasons. 1 of this for example, which its pretty OBVIOUS its that BGS have 0 meaning, instead they are the CORE of classic end game. Why? Because people do the content that gives them REWARDS and a feeling of PROGRESS. Why not making this feeling better and possible for 99.9% players?

LAST thing and I won't write again, the r14 shouldn't be the IMPOSSIBLE thing, why? ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. FOR NONE. the guys that are doing it, have 0 fun doing it. Change the system, I could think about something way better just in 10 minutes, and YOU guys should aim the same, for keeping classic alive cos classic didn't bring JUST the old game back to life, it brought WOW back to life because it was different in some CORE parts that until now didn't bother as much as the things I mentioned that just came up with the BGS and so on. As simple as that.
    Because all you're doing is trolling. R14 is possible but not for filthy casuals. You can make your own private servers the way you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Most wrong thing I've read all day.

Just afk bot random BG's and do pre mades, there's no competitive element in wow pvp till tbc with Arena rbg Spam for ranks Was the most casual wow pvp has ever been
    That's completely untrue, you can earn very high rank in arena nowadays with only a few hours of play every week, while in classic to earn top ranks, especially now you will have to dedicate just about your entire life to it.

It's not hard, but its incredibly competitive and it's way more hardcore than anything right now and probably anything after it, except rank 1 mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    That's completely untrue, you can earn very high rank in arena nowadays with only a few hours of play every week, while in classic to earn top ranks, especially now you will have to dedicate just about your entire life to it.

It's not hard, but its incredibly competitive and it's way more hardcore than anything right now and probably anything after it, except rank 1 mythic raiding.
    no, you have to have RDP and a power shells script that pushes buttons for you. thats it. literally just afk ur way to rank 14. there 4 guys at work using our load runner instance to basically afk bgs 24/7.

theres literally nothing difficult about classic wow. and the pvp is literal dog wank that rewards you based on time spent not skill and there is no prestige to being a no lifer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Because all you're doing is trolling. R14 is possible but not for filthy casuals. You can make your own private servers the way you see fit.
    remote desktop, load runner, eggplant, powershell script w/e then just afk bot ur way to rank 14 by playing 24/7.

I'm a player who since classic released I used to play around 2-5h almost everyday. I did my levelling, I did my raids, my gold farming, my world pvp and my overall grinding to get everything in spot to keep enjoying the game. I was excited about how Classic was looking. Sadly now I'm not, and I thought about sharing my opinions on what should be done urgently in game to make it way better for "casual" players like me and don't lose me as a player.

1. BGS

2. PVP Rank System

3. World PVP

Probably none will read this, soz for my eng
    1. and 2. Rated bgs
    3. War Mode

And then they say retail made things worse

I'm a player who since classic released I used to play around 2-5h almost everyday. I did my levelling, I did my raids, my gold farming, my world pvp and my overall grinding to get everything in spot to keep enjoying the game. I was excited about how Classic was looking. Sadly now I'm not, and I thought about sharing my opinions on what should be done urgently in game to make it way better for "casual" players like me and don't lose me as a player.

1. BGS
    - make premades to meet only premades. Specially in WSG. Its soo frustrating and disappointing to wait 8-18 mins of que, to than meet an enemy team who has absolutely 99.9% chances on winning. BGS got a factor of RNG, but thats way too much. Basically meeting premades all the time, at any damn time of the day, made me quit almost. And NO, don't tell me I shall simply make a premade myself, because it's NOT FUNNY winning destroying pugs. I get 0 satisfaction from doing that.

- Thats not required, but would be cool to have a sort of comp while you try to que, like making sure each team has the same amount of healers, or minimum 2. (basically the concept is the same, but less important, try to make the game less RNG as possible when it gets into losing 30 minutes of our lives into something that is just a big announced and frustrating loss).

2. PVP Rank System
    - Yeah, I have been told about the "haha r14 is impossible lololoolollll", I totally agree with that right now. I'm not a classic player so I don't know what will happen, however I know 1 thing, way too many players are getting frustrated because doing bgs today has absolutely 0 sense. 0. 0 relevant rewards. 0 feeling of progress. I'm joining bgs just to have some fun, do some duels and log off, if the system would reward me for winning like a normal player I would play way more and enjoy it a lot more. The WORST part is that NONE of the crazy grinders that play 14h / day AV, are even enjoying it. None likes this system made exception probably for the 0.1% of the players, which is damaging the other 99.9%.

If any fix is coming soon about that, my request is, fix it NOW... don't make us wait 2-4-10 months for that. It's needed NOW.

3. World PVP
    - Give x2/x3 more honour reward if someone does world pvp. Give people an actual reason to keep doing SOME of it instead of JUST spamming bgs. It was kinda fun and its worth to give something relevant to people who are still doing it to keep doing it instead of falling too much behind and having 0 fun.

In short, this IS what should be done in my opinion to keep players interested on it. Classic shouldn't be a 0 fun fiesta just because it WAS LIKE THIS before. None cares. Or at least, 90% players don't care. This 10% shouldn't damage the experience of the other 90%. For the ones that will critique me here on this forum, think about 1 thing, is it better to slowly get classic to 1/10 of its current players to "keep the game how it was before"? I guess we all like the fact classic its active, but for me the current state made me to pass from playing as I said 2-4h/day to 5-7h/week. If this will be the trend, ill play less and less and less till ill simply quit.

Probably none will read this, soz for my eng
    1. No
    2. No
    3. No.

no, you have to have RDP and a power shells script that pushes buttons for you. thats it. literally just afk ur way to rank 14. there 4 guys at work using our load runner instance to basically afk bgs 24/7.

theres literally nothing difficult about classic wow. and the pvp is literal dog wank that rewards you based on time spent not skill and there is no prestige to being a no lifer.

- - - Updated - - -

remote desktop, load runner, eggplant, powershell script w/e then just afk bot ur way to rank 14 by playing 24/7.
    Thank you for proving my point.

These people won't get R14 on my realm, Gehennas EU where the only people getting into top brackets are those that are in full premades with 6-10 minute wins.

You're gonna hit a wall at rank 10 with your method on any good server.

Edit: Unless ofcourse you want to lock your character into pvp for 6-8 months of non stop automated BG;ing, which incase you might actually hit r13, but I don't see you getting r14 without like 8+ months of running this non stop.
    Last edited by OriginalName; 2019-12-27 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Wont happen mate.

Vanilla is what people asked for, thats what they are getting.

Want R14 > do it like we did it. premade, lose your life, your job, your sleep and farm mindlessly.

world pvp is what it was.

If the vanilla experience is not for you, you should not play it. Clearly there is a reason why the game morphed and changed over the years.
    Actually I don't recall no changes being what [all] people asked for. Don't repeat this myth.

Some people asked for it.

Some didn't.

You can't lump everyone together.

Ask for things that existed on Vanilla, otherwise, don't ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Actually I don't recall no changes being what [all] people asked for. Don't repeat this myth.

Some didn't.

People asked for vanilla. They got it.

Want something else, play retail.

I know its hard to deal with the nostalgia that hides the many class issues and lack of tools that helps the casual, but any changes to vanilla, makes it no longer vanilla.

I have no issue with classic, been there, done it all 15/16 years ago, MC, pvp farming, BWL, AQ40, Naxx. People want to relive all that as it was. The least we can do is respect that.

I know that vanilla/classic is no longer for me. I think people need to acknowledge when it is not for them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad part is that NONE managed to say anything relevant so far. Basically feels like all the people that would ever bother reading this posts are the 0.1% of the players that like this system...
    So you've polled all the players who PvP in classic, run the numbers and arrived at 0.1%? Exactly, you haven't.

People who didn't play vanilla, but are demanding changes in Classic in 2019, are literally the last people Blizz needs to listen to.

Okay, so it's pretty much exactly as it was already in Vanilla originally. #nochanges and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by HazySwayze View Post
    you say that while talking about a 15 year old game on a 12 year old website.
    Your argument is quite poor. Classic was just released, retail is being updated to day. The site is active and has daily updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

Some didn't.

Based on what I've seen, vast majority did ask for it though. Personally I would have rather had the "Classic+" instead which would've been the original Vanilla world, with QoL improvements from retail.

Though I wouldn't change the PvP ranking system at all, it's one of the core things that made Vanilla, well, Vanilla.

The sad part is that NONE managed to say anything relevant so far. Basically feels like all the people that would ever bother reading this posts are the 0.1% of the players that like this system... what you guys just don't understand it's that wow is 0 without players, and making the game overall better for the majority will keep it alive.

Basically all the quotes I had here, are about the fact classic IS BAD and it MUST BE BAD ^^.

To the guy who said "people would win trade if premades meet only premades" I tell him:
    - This "wintrading" shouldn't be ruining the wow WSG experience to ALL players in order to make sure a small % won't try to cheat. TONS of people are quitting everyday due to that.
    - If wintrading its the problem, simply add a rule, X team can't meet Y team more than 1 time every h. Problem solved genius. If the core team (at least 3 people out of 10) are the same people, make the rule apply even if some members are changed. Pretty easy hah?

To the guy. that talks about world pvp:
    - read again, its a problem it must be fixed, im saying that a guy that focuses world pvp or likes to do WSG (yes, which is x100000 more fun than spamming AV) should give IF not the SAME rewards as av, at least close to it in some way. World pvp atm compared to BGS its like 10%. Make it in proportion:
    - av 100%
    - wsg 70%
    - world pvp 45%

Pretty easy to understand, and would keep people motivated to do so.

The past relevant thing to mention right now is, I asked many people im playing classic with, on my "dead server" (dreadmist, so not a low pop PVE server) and NONE was happy about the SAME things im complaining about here.

Classic shouldn't be the BAD version of. the game, and we shouldn't just go retail or quit, because retail its NOT classic for MANY reasons. 1 of this for example, which its pretty OBVIOUS its that BGS have 0 meaning, instead they are the CORE of classic end game. Why? Because people do the content that gives them REWARDS and a feeling of PROGRESS. Why not making this feeling better and possible for 99.9% players?

LAST thing and I won't write again, the r14 shouldn't be the IMPOSSIBLE thing, why? ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. FOR NONE. the guys that are doing it, have 0 fun doing it. Change the system, I could think about something way better just in 10 minutes, and YOU guys should aim the same, for keeping classic alive cos classic didn't bring JUST the old game back to life, it brought WOW back to life because it was different in some CORE parts that until now didn't bother as much as the things I mentioned that just came up with the BGS and so on. As simple as that.
    no .... YOU don't understand, and as you said like a chorus: it's "as simple as that": YOU ARE 15 YEARS LATE MATE!!

you wanted those changes in classic? then you should have asked for it 15 years ago, during vanilla. and guess what, WE asked for change during vanilla. guess what happened? 1) never happened, 2) happened wayyyyyy later in another xpac (premade vs premade). so none of that was in Vanilla. it's good or bad, it doesn't matter. this is vanilla 1.12. and since blizzard said classic will be 1.12, classic is exactly like I expected it to be. not like I wanted it to be, cause I wanted some changes obviously.... but it's exactly as expected: 1.12 vanilla. dude, didn't you notice the "NO CHANGE HURR DURR" crowd ?? they wanted all the vanilla flaws in classic, and we have them all.... it's not what I wanted, obviously not what you wanted, but that's what we have! "as simple as that" .... I can enjoy it.... you don't? then stop playing!

now the "lol" part: you say "NONE managed to say anything relevant so far" but you only refuse to open your eyes and just wave away the truth.....

and then later you are like "The past relevant thing to mention right now is, I asked many people im playing classic with, on my "dead server" (dreadmist, so not a low pop PVE server) and NONE was happy about the SAME things im complaining about here."

boy, many people you are playing classic with? it's what? 0,0000001% of the playerbase? how relevant LOL. and they just don't understand, just like you. so if nobody managed to say anything relevant, you are their captain. captain irrelevant.