Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    She went from a Silvermoon hardline loyalist who hated the orcs for what they did to Quel'thalas to a traitor to her people with like 0 story development.
    Her son is Alliance. Her husband is Alliance. Her sister is Alliance. The blood elves have sided with the orcs, which she fought all her life until being 'drafted' to fight the Legion. And Alleria did not "betray her people." This is just you playing at absurdity.

Oh and also she's like the bestest ever at shadow magic now because of reasons.
    Likely spent a hundred or so years studying the void under Locus-Walker's tutelage is not "because reasons". And no one ever said she's "the bestest ever" at shadow magic. Agan, this is just you playing at absurdity.

Can you count moving from Point A to Point Z as character progress even if you skip Points B through Y?
    Which steps were skipped? As far as I can see, all steps are accounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    ^ this

void elves are as bad or worse than WoD plot
    They're better. The worst aspect to them is they were made to replace a more logical, popular and requested option (to no avail) and with little world building prior to their introduction. They literally come to exist out of nowhere. It was a cosmic anomaly, the catalyst (Alleria) anyway. They're a freak accident that Umbric replicated. If we had been introduced to the concept through proper world building earlier like Nightborne had an entire great zone dedicated to assimilating them into the world, they would have been received better, but Blizzard introduced them lazily as a poor man's High Elf variant, both in their introduction and aesthetically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    They're better. The worst aspect to them is they were made to replace a more logical, popular and requested option (to no avail) and with little world building prior to their introduction. They literally come to exist out of nowhere. It was a cosmic anomaly, the catalyst (Alleria) anyway. They're a freak accident that Umbric replicated. If we had been introduced to the concept through proper world building earlier like Nightborne had an entire great zone dedicated to assimilating them into the world, they would have been received better, but Blizzard introduced them lazily as a poor man's High Elf variant, both in their introduction and aesthetically.
    The nightborne themselves were also an asspull, since back in Warcraft III there was no mention or element whatsoever that hinted at the presence of a big ass bubble literally behind the Tomb of Sargeras.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    The nightborne themselves were also an asspull, since back in Warcraft III there was no mention or element whatsoever that hinted at the presence of a big ass bubble literally behind the Tomb of Sargeras.
    Yes, but a better executed asspull!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    If Ny'alotha was a zone like Argus or even just Nazjatar with an actual questline in it, I can guarantee you that Alleria would have played an actual role in 8.3
    I believe Alleria and Turalyon will play major roles in another cosmic conflict against Void Lords or something. That's definitely in store for them, so that's why Blizzard aren't ready to use them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Her son is Alliance. Her husband is Alliance. Her sister is Alliance. The blood elves have sided with the orcs, which she fought all her life until being 'drafted' to fight the Legion. And Alleria did not "betray her people."
    Alleria betrayed her people and her family when first intercourse with Turalyon happened. Same goes for Veressa. So yes. Her husband is Alliance and her son is creepy Alliance mutant. But she is still traitor. Noting will ever change that. No matter how hard high elves fans will cry. Her choice was Elves or Alliance. She choosed Alliance.

She is a traitor. As every high elf who still remain somewhere in god forsaken Alliance lore.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    I believe Alleria and Turalyon will play major roles in another cosmic conflict against Void Lords or something. That's definitely in store for them, so that's why Blizzard aren't ready to use them yet.
    Indeed. I'm just saying that the reason why fewer characters are in the spotlight in 8.3 as compared to, for example, 7.3 (where there were 3 new zones) has to do with the fact that Ny'alotha itself isn't a zone with its own questline but just a raid.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Alleria, was just an elf womb for a human, nothing else, her purpossed its done

Alleria is just useless. You have an Old God expansion with N'Zoth manifesting and shit? Her only contribution to the whole deal is talking with the murderhobos after the whole deal is finished, chilling on a ship, and being the antagonist on an alternative reality.

It's not Sylvanas, because Sylvanas barely does anything in 8.3, and barely anything on the Xal'atath quest line. It's just she is a poor excuse to have Void users seen as good and to trashtalk Sylvanas even further, a waste of the potential exploration of the inherent struggles of handling the Void while trying to be in charge of it instead of the opposite.

Maybe if we get a light-void expansion in the future, and she doesn't get her ass kicked by Azshara (who can possibly become a massive void wielded and is 12000000 times more interesting at this moment) or even knaifu, we might see her being relevant. But even then, she also has to overcome the fact she is an utter disrespectful moron with little to no conexion with reality, as shown by her complete lack of will to understand anything that her former people passed through in her abscence, her inability to not try to corrupt the Sunwell despite clear instructions given about it, her complete lack of self criticism about that situation, and also her hypocritical approach to Sylvanas and Vereesa, where she couldn't control herself yet she told her sisters she was actually winning the battle against the whispers.

Also I forgot to mention in my first post how Alleria also points out after N'Zoth's defeat that the whispers have been getting worse despite the Old God's fall and that "new voices have joined the chorus". She will definitely play a major role in the upcoming Light and Void expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It is unfortunate, that Blizzard writers forgot how blood elves of the Sunfury consumed the energies of Outland's voidwalkers to power their magics in BC. Incident at Manaforge Ultris could have been a great set up for void elves' backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    It is unfortunate, that Blizzard writers forgot how blood elves of the Sunfury consumed the energies of Outland's voidwalkers to power their magics in BC. Incident at Manaforge Ultris could have been a great set up for void elves' backstory.
    You're right, I had forgotten that, that was the perfect set up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying she wasnt just a trophy-wife of turalyon from day one.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    ^ this

void elves are as bad or worse than WoD plot
    That's really reaching now. Void Elves just lack lore because of rushed and bad writers. Don't forget Void Elves share the same background as Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei. If BFA was fit to be a faction war and not rushing Azshara and N'Zoth in it we would've seen them involved in the Alliance attacking/retaking Silvermoon.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    She isn't tho. Unlike Rhonin & Veressa (where she is literally his trophy wife, even after his death she's still based around him) or even Sylvanas & Nathanos (where he is literally her lap dog), Turalyon & Alleria are equal and complement each other greatly. I can't really imagine him without her and vice versa.
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2019-12-26 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    This is one of the biggest swing and misses that I've seen on the lore forum for awhile. I'm not even a huge Windrunner fanboy, of any flavor, but yikes. She is every bit Turalyons equal. I mean Turalyon before Blizzard destroyed him with Legion, not the travesty we have now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since void elves are the worst thing ever, Alleria being one is what kills her story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully she progresses to her grave with a chance at 640 ilvl loot
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Everything related to elves is retarded.
    The less we have the better.
    that, fixed

let the windrunners kill each other and Vereesa die in the cross-fire

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Alleria betrayed her people and her family when first intercourse with Turalyon happened.
    Yeah. Ok. Mmhm. Sure.

See you around.