Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    It's almost like audiences like compelling and complex characters, regardless of what's between their legs.
    Yes, which is why people don't buy comics written by misandrists because they would rather read interesting stories then be told their inferior because of their gender.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Is early to mid 30's "really old" now? If so then yes, Thrall is really old.
    Tyrande, malfurion, velen, lor'themar, sylvanas, pretty sure they are all past 30 themselves for quite a while now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    I don't see the problem. We have Flynn, we have Magni, and now Wrathion is finally coming back.
    There isn't a problem, but some gamers like pretend there is whenever women or minorities feature prominently in 'their' games. Mark my words, if Blizz makes a prominent black or asian NPC with the new customizations we're getting in Shadowlands, there's going to be so much crying.

Something something "Wahhhh SJWs ruining muh games" something.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-12-27 at 12:55 AM.

LOL, strong, male leaders? That doesn't sell, that's why they've been killing them non stop over the last expansions.

Polemic choices are the way to go, especially on 2020. And I'm being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    Only really if you were alliance.
    Not really. Jaina has had just about as much screen time as Sylvanas for horde players. Horde mostly dealt with Nathanos. And if you are a raider, you saw hell of a lot more Jaina than Sylvanas

In times of Toxic Masculinity you really think we will see someone taking the lead who doesn't have breasts?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Not really. Jaina has had just about as much screen time as Sylvanas for horde players. Horde mostly dealt with Nathanos. And if you are a raider, you saw hell of a lot more Jaina than Sylvanas
    If you were horde the only time you saw Jaina was as the boss of 2nd raid and twice (maybe three times) in in-game cut scenes. Hardly "all over the expansion" as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    LOL, strong, male leaders? That doesn't sell, that's why they've been killing them non stop over the last expansions.
    It's not because it doesn't sell, but killing off a female one and introducing a male one would make the SJW scream and cringe en mass. So you need to be woke and kill off anything that have a penis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina was all over the expansion, how could you forget about her.
    Yeah and Jaina is Jaina....she has been who she was since the beginning. Not like things have suddenly changed and she got significantly stronger in the current climate.

If you were horde the only time you saw Jaina was as the boss of 2nd raid and twice (maybe three times) in in-game cut scenes. Hardly "all over the expansion" as you said.
    Heh. You're applying my broad "she's all over the expansion" (including Alliance) comment in a post to a different post talking about how she still had considerable onscreen time for horde (excluding Alliance). Try again.

As horde I saw Jaina in: Lordaeron event, her Warbringer video, when she raided our fucking city and there was a war campaign quest to kill her, theres a war campaign quest to brainwash her brother and a cinematic with their reunion, she's there to help save Baine, and shes even there in the final war campaign cinematic. There were more than 2 or 3 cinematics with her even as horde lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Yeah and Jaina is Jaina....she has been who she was since the beginning. Not like things have suddenly changed and she got significantly stronger in the current climate.
    Read the post I was responding to. He wasn't refering to new female leads but the "OMG STRONG WOMEN" shit people say and he didn't see it.

Look at all this meaningless and uninformed whinging.

How about, instead of pandering, they write strong, interesting, likeable characters no matter what moving forward...? Oh yeah, pandering is fine as long as it feels as if it's aimed at your group. I forgot that...

I sure as hell haven't seen many "stronk, likeable characters" of any gender in BfA. Bwonsamdi is fun, Jaina is what she's been since forever and at least got a redeeming arch over on Alliance. Sylvanas is not likeable, she's a villain and not the good kind, they threw out any redeeming qualities she had about wanting to secure the survival of her people and now she's just the plain toast of villains.

The rest? Big fat Meh. But somehow there's an "SJW issue hurr"... Ain't nothing "SJW" about lazy, predictable writing. But if it'd feel better to some as long as the characters sports a cock and balls, then by all means I guess...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-12-27 at 01:25 AM.

Heh. You're applying my broad "she's all over the expansion" (including Alliance) comment in a post to a different post talking about how she still had considerable onscreen time for horde (excluding Alliance).
    I literally said "only if you're horde" how more explicit could I be?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck, Males can't act "Strong" anymore without someone crying about toxic masculinity. So get used to every Male character being basically being a little bitch or a pushover for a while.

I'm hoping Blizzard will elevate Gunther Arcanus, the old necromancer that you meet very early on in vanilla WoW in Tirisfal. He seems like an intelligent and pragmatic guy although we don't really get to know much about him other than he was a Dalaran mage that died in the plague. He was strong willed enough that he rose into undeath while retaining his free will and identity. I believe this happened separately and before the other Forsaken so in essence he was the First.

If Blizzard gives this guy a kind of diabolical intelligence similar to Sylvanas but without the genocidal tendancies, I think he could become a great leader for the Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Just do what should be done long ago - a whole war campaign focusing on mudmug.

I literally said "only if you're horde" how more explicit could I be?
    I already showed you that she is in it for horde a lot more than you claimed. Way to ignore the bulk of the post champ.

What about Greymane? And Khadgar was around forever.

As for BfA, there's been some terrific male NPCs, at least on the Alliance side. Flynn and Pike stand out, great voice acting on both. Granted I don't see these chars moving into Shadowlands, but they've been well-written here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anduin? Stopped reading there.

No.

I already showed you that she is in it for horde a lot more than you claimed. Way to ignore the bulk of the post champ.
    Of the times you mentioned you actually see Jaina only 3 or 4 times - and even then only very very briefly. Her time spent on-screen, for horde players, would be minuscule compared to pretty much every other important BfA character. She is also entirely absent from from all of the horde levelling areas. In fact, as horde players, probably had more quests involving Ashvane than Jaina by the end of 8.2.

My point stands, she is hardly "all over the expansion" from the perspective of a horde player, is mentioned and encountered? Yes. These are two different things.

Flynn Fairwind is the hero we all deserve for the barrel dialogue alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Flynn Fairwind is the hero we all deserve for the barrel dialogue alone.
    Flynn is pretty great, I have to say.

Pretty sad when side characters resonate more with players than the big ones...