Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Their plan all along is to stop adding things they have to balance in the long term, that's why you keep getting abilities usable for that expansion and that expansion only.
    From a design perspective it's a great system, but you know... we have to complain anyway, right?
    That's not a good system for an mmo at all. Not even a little. You need to keep gameplay fresh and give the many players who aren't braindead enough to play only one class something to stimulate them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Lastly, as I've said many times, it's just unnecessary. What exactly do you want them to add? Another on use CD? Another core rotation ability just for the sake of another button to press? Situational choices that rarely get used because they weren't needed but were given just to fulfill a quota of new ability?
    After removing set bonuses, (most)gems, reforging,(most) enchants, and glyphs? Something needs to be done to freshen up gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Essences, traits, etc. It's all the same really. Honestly it just looks like your looking for an easy complaint without really thinking it through.
    No? Azerite Traits are really terrible, nothing like the system from Legion.

Azerite Armor is legitimately the worst thing they've ever done. No argument.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    No? Azerite Traits are really terrible, nothing like the system from Legion.

Azerite Armor is legitimately the worst thing they've ever done. No argument.
    untl you actually add numbers and tuning in the equation, of course

Let's just forget that azerite provides more customization than tier/legendaries ever did for muh feelings

Just give all active abilities during the leveling process, and make ALL talents passive, but make some of them change game play dramatically. There, now we can have 40 talent rows and no button bloat.

Of course it would involve some creativity. Not holding my breath with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    Just give all active abilities during the leveling process, and make ALL talents passive, but make some of them change game play dramatically. There, now we can have 40 talent rows and no button bloat.

Of course it would involve some creativity. Not holding my breath with this team.
    make your own game

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    make your own game
    I expected less than a discussion to my input. I was not disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    I expected less than a discussion to my input. I was not disappointed.
    Oh so you only want to armchair dev, not actually dev. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    After removing set bonuses, (most)gems, reforging,(most) enchants, and glyphs? Something needs to be done to freshen up gameplay.
    Yes, that thing is those need to be added back in, not just tossing new rows of hardly used or complicating talents for the sake of adding talents.

- Gem slots need to come standard on gear. If they're only on Heroic or higher raids gear sets or M+10 or higher dungeons, so be it, but they should be standard, not shitty systems like Titanforging or farming up a currency to add a gem slot (I'm looking at you 8.3 system)
    - Enchants they're limited to rings and weapons now, that's a sad state for the profession.
    - Glyphs - There really isn't much they can do with them sadly because it will fall into the same thing as talents - too many just for the sake of adding more. It's almost been relegated to a transmog like profession, and frankly, I think they could lean heavily into that and just remove any actual benefit from it and move it to a secondary profession.
    - Set bonuses - They need to come back, period. Not only did that give them wiggle room to modify classes on a patch by patch basis, but it gave players something to strive towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Yes, that thing is those need to be added back in, not just tossing new rows of hardly used or complicating talents for the sake of adding talents.

- Gem slots need to come standard on gear. If they're only on Heroic or higher raids gear sets or M+10 or higher dungeons, so be it, but they should be standard, not shitty systems like Titanforging or farming up a currency to add a gem slot (I'm looking at you 8.3 system)
    - Enchants they're limited to rings and weapons now, that's a sad state for the profession.
    - Glyphs - There really isn't much they can do with them sadly because it will fall into the same thing as talents - too many just for the sake of adding more. It's almost been relegated to a transmog like profession, and frankly, I think they could lean heavily into that and just remove any actual benefit from it and move it to a secondary profession.
    - Set bonuses - They need to come back, period. Not only did that give them wiggle room to modify classes on a patch by patch basis, but it gave players something to strive towards.
    and a reason to complain when your class didn't get good ones for the tier

and a reason to complain when your class didn't get good ones for the tier
    Someone always complains about everything, it's no reason to let the game stagnate.
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Ikr, you guys just need to get used to less and less abilities so Blizzard can put WoW on to the consoles for all the mouth breathers and 10 year olds.
    Yeah, most WoW players are definitely above average intelligence, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Someone always complains about everything, it's no reason to let the game stagnate.
    In what way is azerite stagnant? lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Teshammutna View Post
    Feels weird to me that barely anyone ever notices/complains about the lack of new talents.
    people only complain if they care. i don't know a lot of people who care anymore.

player numbers are down and all the die hard players know that blizz doesn't listen anyways.

I feel in general that when it comes to game design in WoW, too much is being sacrificed on the altar of supposed class balance.
    Maybe I am in the minority on this, but I don't care about balance! Percentages of balance back and forth, be it damage output or healing, is only really relevant for an absolutely miniscule portion of the entire playerbase, the ones that are pushing for world firsts and the like. They have the logistics and alts to stack a certain class if it makes a big difference to an encounter.
    But for the average player that sort of min/maxing is entirely inconsequential to how they play the game. It feels to me like the designers are too afraid of adding things like talents to the game because they see the "balance" as being too important in the game design process.
    Instead we get half measures like azerite "talents" that noone cares about (I could not tell you a single one I have slotted on my main). Or you get legendaries where some actually had really good and interesting changes that made your class play way better. I was very sad to leave behind the second charge of Evocation on my Mage alt going into BfA. It made Arcane Mage way more fun to play.
    So you either get things that players do not care about, or you get things that players do care about being they make meaningful changes to the playstyle of the class. But it goes away for the next expansion.
    Maybe the designers think that if they stick to one singular design element (talents) and keep iterating on that, the players will get upset. But I do not think that introducing new quasi-talent systems each and every expansion only to change it for the next one is any better.

In what way is azerite stagnant? lmao
    Azerite isn't stagnant, it's just shitty. It's also extremely shallow compared to all the things that have been removed.

If your best argument is seriously just "lol u dont have a argument its like saying blue111", then yeah, we're done here.
    We were done well before you started responding. It's not an argument. Your mistake was that you thought it was. So many people on this site confuse their opinion for objective fact. I never said everyone loved them. I said I did. I suggest you learn the difference to avoid wasting your energy.

You could tell me "Legiondaries broke the game for me, and I literally could not play all of Legion because of them" and I would still give zero fucks. I enjoyed them, and that's all there is to it. Your opinion may be different, and that's okay.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2019-12-27 at 11:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshammutna View Post
    Feels weird to me that barely anyone ever notices/complains about the lack of new talents.

(WoD)
    Blizz: Here guys your new max level talents, have fun!
    Everyone: Yaaaay

(Legion)
    Blizz: Yeah nah... Artifact with new passives and active abilities

(BfA)
    Blizz: -pokerface- Neck with new active and passive abilities you can choose based on playstyle and situation

(Shadowlands)
    Blizz: Just gonna drop the maxlvl so nobody notices, no talents for you lil shits since 2014 lmaooo Covenant active and passive abilities and new talent trees for your ally that directly buff you

Is it really not a big deal that after lvl 100 you lose identity with your class and stop feeling rewarded while leveling because you stop looking forward for that new badass improving talent? smh
    fixed it for you

untl you actually add numbers and tuning in the equation, of course

Let's just forget that azerite provides more customization than tier/legendaries ever did for muh feelings
    Lol, fuck Azerite Armor. It forces you to re-farm the same piece every single tier, it forces you to lose BiS traits for upgrade pieces, it's like an endless treadmill that exists all expansion long.

It's the least healthiest system they've ever done by away and far.

Lol, fuck Azerite Armor. It forces you to re-farm the same piece every single tier, it forces you to lose BiS traits for upgrade pieces, it's like an endless treadmill that exists all expansion long.

It's the least healthiest system they've ever done by away and far.
    Oh you have no idea what are you talking about. It doesn't force you anything, you lost tier set bonuses each tier while you can have current traits with higher ilvl pieces.

Its the best system that blizzard has ever implemented in this game. Maybe transmog was better.

Needless to say, we still need new talent row.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Oh you have no idea what are you talking about. It doesn't force you anything, you lost tier set bonuses each tier while you can have current traits with higher ilvl pieces.
    Dude, holy fucking shit how fucking inane is it that you try to accuse me of "having no idea what I'm talking about" while then trying to compare Azerite Armor to fucking Tier set bonuses. Holy actual shit.

Needless to say, there's no comparing Tier sets to Azerite Armor. At all. How ridiculous.

Azerite Armor is terrible and was an intentionally lazy thing done to cut down on dev time. Next you'll be apologizing for their lack of tier sets and telling us generic single-armor type raid sets are awesome.

Its the best system that blizzard has ever implemented in this game.