Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    I re downloaded this to pick it up, I’m a former founder and all, went to set up action bars and only had 1, they wanted 5 dollar to unlock additional action bar! Immediately uninstalled
    Is that really a thing? lul... it's like Activision red dot for a buck all over again.

Stay away from that trash.

5 bucks for extra action bar... wtf EA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Went to to main action bar, hit the little + to add an action bar and it asked for me to make a purchase for either this character specifically or for it account wide. And I haven’t played in a long time, so this was on my 52 Sith Sorcerer, he was only allowed to use 1 action bar, unless I purchased.

I don’t need to dog the game out when it’s developers do it for me.

Your reverent defense of this trashheap is unbecoming friend.
    Do you know how to use the interface editor? Just like WoW you have to go into the settings to turn on the other bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Is that really a thing? lul... it's like Activision red dot for a buck all over again.

It isn't. Action bars is pretty much the babbys first meme for SWTOR.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

That dude just doesn't know where to look, I just re-downloaded the game a few days ago after not playing since like early 2012 when they first announced they were going F2P but still weren't close to it and I have 5 bars. If I need another for some reason (I can't see why I'm using 4 bars right now and have 1 hidden and still have empty spaces) then its 200 cartel coins and the lowest cartel coin pack is 250 coins for 2.99.

Or I can subscribe and then they unlock a whole ton of crap and get coins every month as well. This game is really intended to be played with a subscription, they gated a metric crap ton of stuff behind it. You *can* just pay for the coins and get the things you want individually but you'd likely end up paying more than if you just subscribed.

I actually popped into this section to see what people were saying because I'm surprised at how well this game has held up. I had considering trying it out again as I very much enjoyed it back in the day but every time I looked it just seemed so dated. Been trying out games with a couple of my WoW guildies and we decided to give this one a go and I'm shocked at how good it still feels to play. The vanilla campaign is still one of the best leveling experiences I've had in an MMO and still holds up. Sad that this game did so poorly, I wonder how the expansion content is.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2019-12-25 at 07:14 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Went to to main action bar, hit the little + to add an action bar and it asked for me to make a purchase for either this character specifically or for it account wide. And I haven’t played in a long time, so this was on my 52 Sith Sorcerer, he was only allowed to use 1 action bar, unless I purchased.
    Straight up lie. F2P get 2 action Bars. Preferred (which you'd be since you said you were a founder) is 4 Action bars.

Sounds more like you are too useless to be able to actually show the bars on your screen.

When SWTOR came out, I was completely hooked on the class quest lines. Most were of good to high quality, and it set SWTOR apart. The Imperial Agent class quest line was my absolute favorite - where in the end I chose the defect option - and couldn't wait how it would proceed in the next expansion. To my utter disappointment, the next expansion ditched the class side of the game, and I was totally gutted. Instead of maximising and expanding on what set it apart from other mmo's, it conformed to them, perhaps hoping that the franchise of SW would be enough to draw players in. But I unsubbed and never played it again.

Perhaps they made the right choice. I know nothing of the real world economies of mmo's, all the class stories and voice acting didn't come cheap I reckon. But I have always wondered if there wasn't a lot more achievable. I felt that the combination of the SW franchise and the unique class quest lines (together with a focus on story and leveling and a imho pleasant absence of endgame fixation) could be huge. I guess my enthousiasm for the class quests clouds my judgement.

Has there ever been a continuation of the class quests? Or at least some sort of acceptable resolution? Would still love to pick up on those, and would sub for them in a heartbeat.

I don’t need to dog the game out when it’s developers do it for me.

Your reverent defense of this trashheap is unbecoming friend.
    Like dende said, it is clear to everyone that knows the game that you were looking for an excuse to be dramatic.
    You had to go into UI customisation and make them show and drag them around.

What you pressed was some button to buy more than the ones you already had but ignored.

Simply put, you overeacted, but it's for the best. You clearly didn't want to give it a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I was getting into SWTOR again after a long time and enjoying the class story. Then KOTFE and KOTET story was so fucking terrible and the level design was even worse that it killed any desire to continue playing after those.

Not only is the story garbage but it makes no sense unless you're a Jedi. Oh yeah after my Inquisitor killed all those people they'll have a sudden change of heart and become the savior of the galaxy. Don't pretend the choices matter. The story only goes one way so trying to pretend you're evil doesn't make any sense with the results.

Then you have the level design. Oh boy hallway simulator with an added bonus of fighting the same mob over and over again for the entire questline. Walk 5 feet and spawn another group of them. Exciting.

Maybe after a break I'll try out the newer stuff. From what little I've seen at least they had the good sense to realize how terrible the story was for those two expansion and decided to sweep it all under a rug and forget about it.
    I disagree, but if you are level 70 you can skip to Iokath or Ossus from your ship console, where the new story begins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agricola View Post
    When SWTOR came out, I was completely hooked on the class quest lines. Most were of good to high quality, and it set SWTOR apart. The Imperial Agent class quest line was my absolute favorite - where in the end I chose the defect option - and couldn't wait how it would proceed in the next expansion. To my utter disappointment, the next expansion ditched the class side of the game, and I was totally gutted. Instead of maximising and expanding on what set it apart from other mmo's, it conformed to them, perhaps hoping that the franchise of SW would be enough to draw players in. But I unsubbed and never played it again.

Perhaps they made the right choice. I know nothing of the real world economies of mmo's, all the class stories and voice acting didn't come cheap I reckon. But I have always wondered if there wasn't a lot more achievable. I felt that the combination of the SW franchise and the unique class quest lines (together with a focus on story and leveling and a imho pleasant absence of endgame fixation) could be huge. I guess my enthousiasm for the class quests clouds my judgement.

Has there ever been a continuation of the class quests? Or at least some sort of acceptable resolution? Would still love to pick up on those, and would sub for them in a heartbeat.
    They come to a conclusion in shadow of revan. All classes get a final class quest in Rishi.

There are further mentions in Onslaught though. You can reclaim your older titles depending on your choices.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-12-26 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post

Seems SWTOR is still bringing in nice money for EA, Enough that they went from their 50-60 staff to near 200 with their newest Expansion.

Perhaps EA is finally becoming willing to put more work back into it. Here is hoping.

The main reason me and my guild, of about 30 people quit (Back when it was sub based for a short time),

we quit due to them shutting down the Oceanic/SEA servers to combine the population.

screwing over what ever Oceanic/SEA playerbase they had left to go join 3-400ms against pvp players in huttball and stuff who had 20-30 ms.

ruined the game for a lot of people.

if they could commit to OCE/SEA servers again, hands down a few of us would come back.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    The main reason me and my guild, of about 30 people quit (Back when it was sub based for a short time),

we quit due to them shutting down the Oceanic/SEA servers to combine the population.

screwing over what ever Oceanic/SEA playerbase they had left to go join 3-400ms against pvp players in huttball and stuff who had 20-30 ms.

ruined the game for a lot of people.

if they could commit to OCE/SEA servers again, hands down a few of us would come back.
    I'm an OCE player, The latency is a bit annoying but easily manageable. No worse than what I played with in WoW from Vanilla->Cata

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR may be bringing money to EA, but I as someone who has been a subscriber since day 0 - had to unsub this year

I didn't like where the story is headed, I'm sorry but being the supreme leader and still doing all the work is not appealing to me.

But that's not the main reason

After all this time they still haven't fixed the clunky controls!

I suffered through all the classes' storylines light and dark because it was worth it - but I couldn't force myself to enjoy the later story development because of clunky controls - so it wasn't worth the sub and I have even uninstalled the client.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Ok, that sounds good.
    I just felt when coming back a bit weird since I just wanted to check it out... with a hard Credit limith, restricted inventory space, restricted quest rewards, restricted action bars, restricted access to endgame items, and operations, that ressurection drone and other stuff. You know, like, well it is more or less worthless to play for free.
    So hearing that more stuff can now be accessed sounds really really great.
    Maybe I will check it out, and if I like it I might consider a resub.
    Well, in order to not create the wrong expectations. There are still limits to those things, they were just increased. Like, you need to be subscribed to do operations. There is no F2P option anymore. I do believe you get a weekly number of Warzones and FP's to do as F2P. There is still a limit of bars (4 for preferable), credit limit is now 1m, the rest of the restrictions i don't know. But as i told you, F2P is an introduction to the game. What they give you for free let's you do everything till shadow of Revan without any issues. It's when you want to go further than that that you should consider subscribing. SWTOR is a subscription game. The F2P is only there to ease people in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    SWTOR may be bringing money to EA, but I as someone who has been a subscriber since day 0 - had to unsub this year

I didn't like where the story is headed, I'm sorry but being the supreme leader and still doing all the work is not appealing to me.

But that's not the main reason

After all this time they still haven't fixed the clunky controls!

I suffered through all the classes' storylines light and dark because it was worth it - but I couldn't force myself to enjoy the later story development because of clunky controls - so it wasn't worth the sub and I have even uninstalled the client.
    I would like to know what these "clunky controls" are. The game is a tab target, keybind or mouse click mmo with asdw to move, just like every other tab target mmorpg. I think you mean something else.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-12-26 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Absolute bullshit, I have a 2080ti and I run above 100fps on maximum settings in 1440p in nearly every area of the game.
    you dont do warzones or operations then lol

casual

I triple dare you to get above 30fps on that new huttball bullshit or the new dungeons/operations

you just cant, but you would know that werent you a casual

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I would like to know what these "clunky controls" are. The game is a tab target, keybind or mouse click mmo with asdw to move, just like every other tab target mmorpg. I think you mean something else.
    So is wow, but when I play wow it's fluid and smooth. When I play SWTOR - it's clunky. It's how it makes me feel. It might not be the controls themselves, it might be animations, speeds, etc. One thing I know for sure - camera settings are wonky as fuck on my machine - I need to set the rotation speed to almost zero and then go to my mouse settings and slow it down there - so I can have an acceptable camera speed for me. Anything higher than that and it's merry-go-round per pixel.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

It's the forced animations that make it feel that way. WoW (smartly) interrupts character actions when a new one starts; a lot of MMOs make you wait until the previous animation finishes before allowing anything new. It can be maddening in some games; take GTA Online for an extreme example, when you do something like open a safe, get knocked down, or god forbid, start tumbling down a slight incline that any normal person could easily stop themselves from sliding down with minimal effort.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    1 billion dollars is a lot of money. But the game came out like 10 years ago. So over time that billion isn’t that much. The game has also cost a lot of money during these 10 years.
    The fuck it isnt, 100 million a year for ten years is a shitload of money for a game in a dying franchise. As far as costs, you don't know what their expenditures are for the game. Businesses don't keep games around that don't make them money, and a residual stream like a successful mmo isn't going ANYWHERE as long as its pulling those kind of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    Hope it goes down along with EA.
    They made huge mistakes at beginning;
    Copying class skills from WoW. Pushing developer for an early release.
    Opening too too many servers at start.
    Having EU and US players share same forums, ignoring the request of server merges. Yea server was so empty that we were trading kills with other side to be able to get pvp stuff. And US plyers were telling us that we were exaggerating about low population of server.
    Instead of merging servers they released mighty oh yea Legacy system.
    And we all seen how subs went down after the legacy release.
    Ignore players and they ignore you.
    Bioware did a perfect job, i give this to them.
    Eh? I can't make sense of any of that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Eh? I can't make sense of any of that nonsense.
    Bioware was pushed for an early release? Yes!
    Some class skills were copied from WoW? It was obvious.
    EU and US players shared same forums? Yes.
    They were too late to merge servers? Yes.
    Legacy system brought many new players? No.
    Yea truth is nonsense for blind trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    Bioware was pushed for an early release? Yes!
    Some class skills were copied from WoW? It was obvious.
    EU and US players shared same forums? Yes.
    They were too late to merge servers? Yes.
    Legacy system brought many new players? No.
    Yea truth is nonsense for blind trolls.
    Having some fun with Google translate I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Having some fun with Google translate I see.
    And is there anything wrong with using it?
    Or you just lack enough brain cells to put up an argument?
    Were your parents were relatives? I see your iq is pretty low.

I find this to be a very weak complaint. What is wrong with the region forums being together? Yeah SWTOR gameplay and design is very similar to WoW from WotLK era and some skills look or are copied, but do you honestly believe WoW has not copied anything or adapted anything from it's competitors as well?

Blizzard is very good at copying different games and change them to their style and vision of gameplay for said games.

Regardless, if people want WoW they will go back to WoW and if they want something different they will just go there.

I have stopped SWTOR after finishing all vanilla content and returned this past two weeks since I received an email about the onslaught expansion and was curious to see how the game is after 7 years as I usually get very Star Warsy during the Holiday seasons. I got to say that the game looks very lively to me and seems to have found it's niche playerbase. Now to see if Bioware will still catter to it's older playerbase or try to keep the new flux of players that came because of the movie and Mandalorian series. So far I am liking the game and might keep subbed.

Edit: I do want to add here though that the game does show it's age and the movement of the characters still feel clunky and robotic. The new and preferred status could use a little more improvement as well. I think the credit cap is very restrictive for preferred and new players. 1M credits on this game nowadays is barely worth anything and is easily achievable very fast.
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2019-12-29 at 11:46 AM.