Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Some breeds are just more aggresive and prone to violence. Its part of their dna.
    They’re not a breed and no.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    you think they cares? anything to label right wingers as nazis is that person's MO.
    Doesn't anyone find it weird that the extremes from both sides have gone so far that they are becoming the same thing and as such both sides can hurl the same insults at each other. Nazis, fascists, etc..

*sigh*

The dogs ever involved in any kind of incident, represent a tiny fraction of the individuals out there. Be it in loving homes, or as strays in the streets/shelters as a result of abuse.

Saying that all of them are dangerous because of the tiny minority is no different from doing the same with any group, and it has/will be extended to many more kinds of dogs if there's enforced bans put in place. Not sure why this thread, which belongs over on LiveLeak, is still running but I'm officially unsubbing from it. Can't be arsed with narrow-minded tools looking for something to hate these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Oh give me a break. Yes it fucking is.

Rebels against society.
    Truck Drivers.
    Criminals.
    Trump Voters.

All these types would probably own a pitbull and you know it.
    In my experience, the more extreme are far more likely to hate this breed than wanna own it. At least, that's the theme seen on alt-right forums. They hate X groups of people based on the minority, stands to reason they'll extend that to dogs representing Man's Best Friend.

Not that I think it's political to begin with, but 'Murica can turn sandwiches into Left vs Right these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    The feverish hatred for them, void of logical capacity to see percentages, recurring on online forums is though.
    Are you a pitbull owner? I want to like them because I think they look nice but I've also almost had my hand bitten off by one when trying to pet it. They seem pretty rabid and stupid unlike proper purebred work/police dogs like German Shepherds, Rottweilers, and Dobermans.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Are you a pitbull owner? I want to like them because I think they look nice but I've also almost had my hand bitten off by one when trying to pet it. They seem pretty rabid and stupid unlike proper purebred work/police dogs like German Shepherds, Rottweilers, and Dobermans.
    Rottweilers are more likely to attack than pitbull type dogs... This is also noted by the veterinarian associate. Also those three dogs you mentioned are quite literally when I was growing up the "bad" dogs that would attack anyone.

On your "purebred' statement there are some two dozen or so purebred dog breeds that are included in "pitbull" as pitbulls are a type not a breed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    *sigh*

The dogs ever involved in any kind of incident, represent a tiny fraction of the individuals out there. Be it in loving homes, or as strays in the streets/shelters as a result of abuse.

Saying that all of them are dangerous because of the tiny minority is no different from doing the same with any group, and it has/will be extended to many more kinds of dogs if there's enforced bans put in place. Not sure why this thread, which belongs over on LiveLeak, is still running but I'm officially unsubbing from it. Can't be arsed with narrow-minded tools looking for something to hate these days.

- - - Updated - - -

In my experience, the more extreme are far more likely to hate this breed than wanna own it. At least, that's the theme seen on alt-right forums. They hate X groups of people based on the minority, stands to reason they'll extend that to dogs representing Man's Best Friend.

Not that I think it's political to begin with, but 'Murica can turn sandwiches into Left vs Right these days.
    What most people are missing is that "pitbull" is a type similar to how "hound" is a type, and encompasses dozens of breeds, and hundreds of mutt mixtures.

The veterinarian association did a study about this and when figuring out individual breeds the pitbull type dogs aren't usually at the top of the list of likely to bite, instead you'll get huskies, German shepherds, chow chows, Rottweilers. None of which are "pitbull type".
    Last edited by Themius; 2019-12-24 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Rottweilers are more likely to attack than pitbull type dogs... This is also noted by the veterinarian associate. Also those three dogs you mentioned are quite literally when I was growing up the "bad" dogs that would attack anyone.
    Unlike pit bulls, those dogs are purebred. They are smarter, less temperamental, and most importantly are highly receptive to training. Pit bulls are not receptive to being trained. This does not apply with the original breeds that lead to pit bulls, bulldogs and terriers which are both purebred and of a higher pedigree overall.

Unlike pit bulls, those dogs are purebred. They are smarter, less temperamental, and most importantly are highly receptive to training. Pit bulls are not receptive to being trained. The same applies with original breeds that lead to pit bulls, bulldogs and terriers.
    You don't seem to know what pit bulls are... they are not a breed they are a type like hounds or retrievers.

Within pit bulls there are two dozen or so purebred breeds plus hundreds of mutt mixtures

You say pit bulls are not receptive to being trained however the veterinarian society actually looked into this using several studies from a number of places that specialize in training and pit bull types were often easier to train than some of the most loved breeds. I've posted all this with sources either in this thread or another one about pit bulls.

Now if we are to talk about what used to be the fighting dog, they actually were extremely well trained, very human friendly, as they had to be. So "difficult to train" is definitely a wrong thing to even attribute to them.

Purebred does not mean "less temperamental" either I'm not sure where you are getting that from. Look to the Chinese crested, or the chow chow. And what is smarter? Chinese crested are "smart" but care less about people than most dogs and aren't eager to please, making them difficult, and somewhat like cats, and they're temperamental.
    Last edited by Themius; 2019-12-24 at 01:58 AM.

@Themius - Just wanted to say that you (and a couple other posters like @Queen of Hamsters) have basically won me over on this one. No irony or sarcasm. Just reading a bunch of posts, thinking about it more, I think the risk differential between pit bulls breeds and other large dogs probably isn't large and that people should just exercise their own judgment since the risks are pretty low either way. Fuck it, if you like pits, get a pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    @Themius - Just wanted to say that you (and a couple other posters like @Queen of Hamsters) have basically won me over on this one. No irony or sarcasm. Just reading a bunch of posts, thinking about it more, I think the risk differential between pit bulls breeds and other large dogs probably isn't large and that people should just exercise their own judgment since the risks are pretty low either way. Fuck it, if you like pits, get a pit.
    That's nice to see.

I do think in general the pit bull types perform about average. When the vet associate of America controlled for specific breeds the pit bull types (including their mutts) often dropped out of the top 5 dogs most likely to bite.

Sled-dogs are known for being quite a bit higher energy and a bit more independent. They end up being the problem dog in areas were pit-bull types are banned. Them and chow-chows are often the problem dogs. Chow-chows in particular are notorious for not being very human friendly, and extremely protective. I suspect if we had a pit-bull ban and people replaced them with with chow-chows, we'd have a much more serious problem. Since when broken down by breed they're just more likely to hurt people than most others.

There definitely is a noticeable risk with say Rottweilers or chow-chows over pit bull types. This may be because most of the breeds of pit bull types are generally human friendly, unlike the other two breeds. And then the mutts that are all also pit bull types can often literally be a German-sheperd, and Labrador retriever mix. So that's a whole mix-bag.

This is the mix, neither breed is a pit bull type of course, but they look close enough so if one doesn't know the specific mix (which is usually the case in pounds) it is a pit. Browsing nycacc you see some dogs that clearly aren't "pit bulls" grouped in. So it is hard to pin down exactly how they'd act as a type overall, but across the entire type bites are average.

One thing to note is that many many many of the pit bull attacks are by dogs that haven't been fixed. There is likely a correlation with how responsible an owner is, and the likelihood they had their dog fixed.

all dogs are descended from wolves. "its in their dna", yea same as every dog. no dog should be left unsupervised or improperly trained.

pack of weiner dogs kills woman.

Those were the three literal dog breeds during the 80's and 90's that were called killer dogs, dangerous, and shouldn't be allowed near children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    A woman is dead and another is injured after authorities say they were attacked by three pit-bulls in north Houston.
    https://abc13.com/pets-animals/woman...ttack/5774639/

Somerset Woman Dies After Being Mauled By Family Dog During Seizure
    https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/12/...y-dog-seizure/

Noooo heckin good boi pupperoni just wanted to nuzzle and kissy wissy his owners ouchy brain tippy taps away
    Oh noes 2 kills when there is millions of the breed out there what shall we do.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Oh noes 2 kills when there is millions of the breed out there what shall we do.
    What I find interesting is he bumped the thread for this, but not the child killed by two huskies in Georgia.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I find interesting is he bumped the thread for this, but not the child killed by two huskies in Georgia.
    it's a matter of efficiency, a single pitbull could have gotten a higher kill-count faster.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    it's a matter of efficiency, a single pitbull could have gotten a higher kill-count faster.
    Exactly what are you basing this off? And again, a pit bull type dog can be

Which is a mutt that is shepherd and labrador retriever... neither pit bull type but it "looks" close enough and therefore would be considered a pit bull.

Hehe yeah pretty strange indeed.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what are you basing this off? And again, a pit bull type dog can be

Which is a mutt that is shepherd and labrador retriever... neither pit bull type but it "looks" close enough and therefore would be considered a pit bull.
    Dude, they're fighting animals we pretend are pets, it's like trying to keep old school poodles around children, they're war hounds by breed. Tout the "bad owner" narrative all you want, but at the end of the day, why is it so extremely easy to "poorly train" a pit bull to the point that it's a threat to everyone around you?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Dude, they're fighting animals we pretend are pets, it's like trying to keep old school poodles around children, they're war hounds by breed. Tout the "bad owner" narrative all you want, but at the end of the day, why is it so extremely easy to "poorly train" a pit bull to the point that it's a threat to everyone around you?
    They’re not a breed. They are a type which is based purely off of physical characteristics. Which means a dog that is a mutt made of non pit type dogs can be classified as a pit bull as a catch all. The VETERINARIAN ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA noted this but what do they know?

Also fighting dog breeds what the fuck do you think they must be?! They have to be extremely human friendly since fights need to be broken and they must not attack humans.

Also the vet association did several studies and looked at several studies and pit type dogs are no more dangerous than normal. AND WHEN CONTROLLED FOR PREVALENCE pit type dogs often fall out the top five dangerous dogs likely to attack. But hey what do they know.

At this point I just assume you're being willfully ignorant about this matter as I have linked all these studies before.

Actually the dogs that are most likely are chows chows but there are a lower number of them as they cost hundreds to thousands, which makes a bar of entry.

What in the fuck do you think happens when you take a dog and then have no bars of entry on that dog? Labrador Retrievers have eaten children for fuck sakes when they've been with shit owners.

sled dogs are more likely to attack, Rottweilers are more likely to attack, chow chows are way more likely to attack than a pit type dog.

Pit type dogs literally encompass some TWO DOZEN PUREBRED BREEDS THAT ARE NOT FIGHTING DOGS plus literally hundreds of mutt mixtures

But hey what do the Vets know.

There was even a study compiling data from institutions responsible for obedience and pit bull types rated easier to train than labradors, iirc the difference wasn't much 1-2 point difference, but still. This myth that they're extremely hard to train dogs that hate humans is just pure fucking bull shit BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT A BREED TO BEGIN WITH BUT A TYPE

A chow chow is a dog notorious for attacking people and being difficult to train, and not human friendly and extremely protective. Which is why they rank very high for being dangerous and come with tons of warnings if you're not experienced. They're also a spitz Does this now mean literally every single spitz breed is now a danger or a worry because of chow chows? Does this mean every single spitz has the same temperament as a fucking chow chow?

Like holy fucking shit, do you know anything about dogs?

Areas that have banned pit bull types have now ended up with problems with chow chows and huskies, two breeds that are more independent than many of the breeds and mutts within pit bull type.

Sled-dogs (like huskies) and chow chows often go on to replace pit bull types as the problem dog So now areas literally are banning huskies and chow chows.

Looking around the world again, the vet association found that the greatest predictor of whether a dog would be a problem was THE PREVALENCE NOT THE BREED of the dog. But hey, what do they know. You know it all don't you?

Also the point of that picture was to fucking prove pit bull MEANS NOTHING IT IS NOT A BREED, it is a type, that is based purely off of how the dog looks which means IT IS AN ENTIRELY SUBJECTIVE TERM to the point that a GERMAN SHEPHERD LABRADOR MIX which is the mixture of HERDING & RETRIEVER dogs can be classed as "pit bull type" because it is a mutt no-one knows off just look what it is, and it looks close enough. Which just flew over your head and you went right to attacking "all pit bulls" while spouting bs about shit you don't understand.
    Last edited by Themius; 2019-12-27 at 06:10 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's a lot of words for "I support the eating of children by feral dogs"

Though I will concede that small dogs are more likely to attack, but they're also easier to punt and can inflict virtually no damage.