Poll: What do you prefer, Classic+ or BC Servers?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The fact that most people voted for BC servers restores my hope in humanity. Classic+ is cancer and goes directly against the entire premise of Classic, and anyone who voted for it deserves a knuckle supper.

Isnt Classic in the hands of the Classics Game Team aka the Legacy games made to simply run without adding major additions? Would be a mark against ever seeing a Classic+ which is good imo

I really wish the idea of Classic+ would stay in the dumpster where it belongs. If there any possibility of Classic+ even being remotely possible, we would have heard about it at BlizzCon. Instead we got a very tempered "maybe" for TBC/WotLK servers. There wasn't even a Classic panel.

And since I know some galaxy brained Classic fan will quote this and say, "HEY DA BLIZZERD SAY NO CLASSIC EVER BUT NOW WE HAS CLASSIC SO HOW U SAY NO WHEN NO DOEZNT ALWAYS MEAN NO" Well, Sherlock, that's because the biggest deterrent for Classic as we know it now wasn't that they didn't want to do it, but rather that they couldn't on new server technology. As soon as they realized they could, Classic was born. The complications and potential work and effort required to maintain two entirely separate MMOs at the level of quality Blizzard would like to maintain is incomprehensible, and that's before you take into account how any changes in Classic+ would be just as divisive as the current retail game.

I can safely say I'm speaking on behalf of Blizzard when say this: Fuck that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I really wish the idea of Classic+ would stay in the dumpster where it belongs.
    This, this little annoying af minority spamming their classic+ meme when classic didnt even get a proper panel at blizzcon is pitiful, it was barely mentioned by ion like "oh right, we have classic too, look forward to phase 2, thats it fellas" lmao.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    My preference is very resoundingly BC.

Blizz has clearly demonstrated that they are willing to only put in the minimum effort anymore. There is zero chance that they would do Classic + correctly just from an effort perspective.

Furthermore, Blizz has never been good at admitting when they were wrong. It isn't until at least one expansion later that they might admit to doing things incorrectly. I see no evidence that they have developed the ability to learn very well. The last thing I would be interested in is seeing Classic updated to the current state of the game...there is a reason Retail sub numbers are almost certainly abysmal.

Maybe after they put out BC, that might give them enough time for the culture at Blizz to change to something more akin to what made BC and Wrath so good. Perhaps they'll need to release Wrath again before it starts to properly sink into their heads.

I'm fine with both, but I can see some negatives if Blizzard decides to continue to TBC and onwards. It would mean that every iteration of WoW would need to have their own servers, which will only split the playerbase even more. And if we go with TBC and eventually WotLK, then at what point do we stop? Do we just say there is no more progression left, or maybe we just go for a WotLK+? With Classic+ you will retain the current playerbase in the game version of the game and still progress the game in a way that satisfies the needs of the Classic community. Talking about stuff like not adding flying mounts and multiple difficulties.

Classic+ only has the negative of needing more resources to make new content, which would mean expand the team with more artists and designers. I can definately see people being dissapointed that they couldn't relive TBC if they were to take this approach, but technically all of TBC is still in the main game relatively untouched. Classic had to be rebuilt because its entire world was changed. There is also this lack of confidence for Blizzard to make a proper Classic+ where they will just turn the game closer to retail.

Either way its still a long way down the line. I don't expect TBC/Classic+ in 2020 as we still got a lot of raids to come out and they probably don't want this to be released close to Shadowlands or Blizzcon.

I'd love to see proper Classic+ but i do not believe that current greedy Blizzard could do it properly.
    TBC is much safer choice here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Classic is trash. The whole forum is whining about literally every aspect of the game. From servers, class balance, rotations, talent trees, wpvp, questing, leveling to things like not automatically dismounting.

So which sane human would build upon that instead of going to bc?
    The same people would be complaining about TBC as well.

I hope to have a WoD server soon

Classic + is just wow 2.0. There is 0 chance of that happening. Blizzard also knows that tbc was very popular and will be an automatic cash cow upon release.

Zero risk and high reward.

BC of course. "Classic +" is a terrible meme orchestrated by a few very loud people who can't accept that classic is for those of us who wanted classic - it's not a new game for people who want something different from retail wow. It isn't perfectly what we wanted, but it's close enough.

Hopefully the massive popularity of Classic will teach them that it's worth the resources to emulate the major patches more closely in phases. I understand why they started with 1.12, but it really wasn't great for the state of pre-AQ wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I'd love to see proper Classic+ but i do not believe that current greedy Blizzard could do it properly.
    TBC is much safer choice here.
    TBC is Classic+ or Van WOW part 2 intended to be continuation free patches...blizzard said though it would create super 60's that many would never catch, so they released it as a $$ expac. ironiclly TBC was just like van wow were alot of players never caught high end AQ/NAXX 60s. it repeated in TBC with a huge number players who never made it to SSC/TK/BT...especially SWP. attunements, gearing, and required progression was crippling on guilds. carries were rather hard.

imo TBC was very toxic, it did not start with the WOTLK addon gear score scrubbing / exclusion. i was on a full pop server then. players did inspections just like you see in classic WOW now. it got so bad, you had to have gear higher than Kara gear to get into a Kara group. for hyjal, and ZA they wanted to see BT/SWP gear which few had.

many casuals were relegated to dailies, doing rep to get epics from vendors, 5 man heroics along with weekly Kara raid for justice badges, doing BGs to gain honor and purchase S2 merciless gear with veteran off pieces

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    BC of course. "Classic +" is a terrible meme orchestrated by a few very loud people who can't accept that classic is for those of us who wanted classic - it's not a new game for people who want something different from retail wow. It isn't perfectly what we wanted, but it's close enough.

Hopefully the massive popularity of Classic will teach them that it's worth the resources to emulate the major patches more closely in phases. I understand why they started with 1.12, but it really wasn't great for the state of pre-AQ wow.
    blizzard did sorta have a classic+ continuation / expac idea. ironicly there were three big islands on the concept where legion/BFA is. they were looking at a pirate theme which was popular at the time. they went the safe TBC route which imo is Van WOW part 2
    Last edited by pinkz; 2019-12-27 at 07:58 AM.

tbc is classic+. Same core, with actual end game content and actual somewhat skill based pvp rather then "who has absolutely no life THE MOST - competition"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    Classic + is just wow 2.0. There is 0 chance of that happening. Blizzard also knows that tbc was very popular and will be an automatic cash cow upon release.

Zero risk and high reward.
    Yeah, and they still have all the maps and most of the quests untouched in retail version, plus they have done all the hard work to return talents and mechanics to classic, so they could just build tbc onto that instead of trying to scrape everything together from 0. It's kinda no brain, I would even buy a BC or WotLK expansions if they released it. Thingy is I think BC might be my own I think I do, but I don't version, because I tried a private for that, but could not be bothered. Maybe because it's a private.. or maybe because Legion was so good at that time.

i have said this before, blizzard has to thread carefully. TBC was one of the reasons for the huge uptick in unauthorized servers. many felt TBC was too soon, and wanted to play out Van WOW. they did not like TBC enchants, 60 gear with gems, leg armors, etc coming into van wow content they were trying to still run. imo, blizzard will need to make classic WOW, and whatever route they take....separate systems.

but, this could led to another problem, you already have WOW players split between two games, a third would divide the player base further

What about TBC+? TBC needs some changes for sure.

Classic+ all they way
    Tbc would fail so hard if they release it AND funniest thing is the people pushing for tbc here never played tbc

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopax View Post
    Classic+ all they way
    Tbc would fail so hard if they release it AND funniest thing is the people pushing for tbc here never played tbc
    Same what people said about releasing classic :> Oh the irony.
    Also people wanting classic+ are like... they thought they did, but they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    I don't think it would have to be 2.4.3-based if they've maintained better patch records since then. Wasn't the primary issue with classic that 1.12 was the only one they preserved?
    The 1.12 only data is just bullshit. It was pretty obvious since the beta that it's not true. Also, I dont think there's a reason for them to go for a patch approach with TBC, it will require a much bigger team of developers to maintain that, the game as changed dramatically from 2.0.3 to 2.4.3, in all aspects.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopax View Post
    Classic+ all they way
    There is no general consensus on what Classic+ is. It's yet to be developed content/features. With TBC, at least you know what you are getting, whether you like it or not is completely up to you. J. Allen Brack said they're committed to Classic when it releases. This means they won't shut it down even if there's only one server left worth of people. In that light, TBC is already a guaranteed success because it will have a playerbase of at least a few servers. It's a pretty popular and talked about era in WoW's history, and most look back on it fondly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenis View Post
    Well, they wanted classic, they got it... what did they expect, a brand new game, they've got what it was at that time.
    No, people wanted vanilla. Instead they got classic.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B