Anyone else a world explorer?

And i mostly mean weird locations like Mount Hyjal and hard to reach zones like the Emerald Dream.

Wall climbers etc.

Tell me of your exploits. Maybe someone has managed to get to ED?

I would also like in on the secrets, I don't even know what Emerald Dream is or Mount Hyjal tbh haha

Mount Hyjal you had to clip into from Winterspring. Emerald Dream was reached through the Deadmines, more wall clipping.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Mount Hyjal you had to clip into from Winterspring. Emerald Dream was reached through the Deadmines, more wall clipping.
    Good to know, thank you! Are they both still doable?

Quote Originally Posted by DrBangSmack View Post
    Good to know, thank you! Are they both still doable?
    Had a guildy in Hyjal first week during Classic, so I'd assume so. Should be videos on Youtube.

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I think it was Outland you could get to through Deadmines, a prototype version when Outland was going to be a lvl 60 zone not a full expansion. AFAIK Emerald Dream existed just as a few assets you could see in ModelViewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I think it was Outland you could get to through Deadmines, a prototype version when Outland was going to be a lvl 60 zone not a full expansion. AFAIK Emerald Dream existed just as a few assets you could see in ModelViewer.
    There was an actual Emerald Dream zone, but i don't think it was accessible by normal players (needed to run a private server to teleport to it i believe). It had the swirly grass going on with the floating trees around and the statue, but not too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I just remember following a friend through once and there was a bunch of green and weird grass and flowers.

Just ran around Mt Hyjal abit.

I guess this is where firelands portal was placed during Cataclysm

Random Onyxia's lair further down the line. Cant enter or open the gates tho.

This is the horde base location from the Hyjal raid in tbc.

And instead of the horde base there's this impressive crater. Havent seen anything like it in any expansion.

Archimonde bones

Blizzard construction co.

Place where you would fight Archimonde in tbc

In the lake theres actually this deep hole, luckily im a priest.

At the bottom of it is just a pile of impassable rocks.

Nice places, overall. Gonna try smth else soon.
    Last edited by meheez; 2019-12-25 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Just ran around Mt Hyjal abit.

I guess this is where firelands portal was placed during Cataclysm

In the lake theres actually this deep hole, luckily im a priest.

At the bottom of it is just a pile of impassable rocks.

Nice places, overall. Gonna try smth else soon.
    Lovely! I never knew about the whole in the lake.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know you used to be able to jump up the rocks behind scarlet monastery and get to some weird terrain.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

If you swim along the northern coast of Tirisfal Glades and keep heading east you'll encounter some mysterious abandoned buildings eventually.
    In fact you can keep swimming and if I remember correctly you'll enter the zone Quel'Thalas. It's nothing but swimming along a bland coastline. Eventually you will reach the Hinterlands.
    Sure had plenty of time on my hands back then.

While leveling and flying from Zoram Strand to probably Thunder Bluff or something I was disconnected from the world mid-flight and ended up dumped in one of the "fly over eye catch" areas with the Night Elven ruins, a hut with a cauldron, and a lake with a collapsed unfinished tunnel. Put me in an odd spot in the map, I think somewhere in Stonetalon? I had to jump down the mountains to get to the ocean and swim back around.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    If you swim along the northern coast of Tirisfal Glades and keep heading east you'll encounter some mysterious abandoned buildings eventually.
    In fact you can keep swimming and if I remember correctly you'll enter the zone Quel'Thalas. It's nothing but swimming along a bland coastline. Eventually you will reach the Hinterlands.
    Sure had plenty of time on my hands back then.
    It was there all the way up until Cataclysm I'm pretty sure - as long as you didn't pass through the instance portal into Ghostlands and like you say, rode the coast from Tirisfal Glades. I did the same journey but as a paladin with Crusader Aura and that DK ability that let you ride on water in the passenger seat of my bike, iirc. Maybe it was plain old Shaman water walking, either ways, still took a while :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I used to be back in Vanilla, BC and Wrath, but that part of me is gone with the game now. I still remember the fun times of sneaking into Hyjal, or when ICC came out there was the missing piece of the castle that you could fly under, and then you could sneak into VoA with it, haha. Fun times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    There was an actual Emerald Dream zone, but i don't think it was accessible by normal players (needed to run a private server to teleport to it i believe). It had the swirly grass going on with the floating trees around and the statue, but not too much.
    This. Emerald Dream was a unique map, you'd have to hack or get GM powers to reach it in Classic, but clever use of game mechanics, wall jumping, and exploiting glitches in the terrain can get you outside the intended limits of the Deadmines map and to a dev playground for a proto-Outland.

Also worth noting, the old Vanilla game has files for Emerald Dream, Outland, Black Morass (with a longer intro portion), and the Caverns of Time, among other things. Classic might have them, too. You can explore these maps with a mapviewer program.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    It was there all the way up until Cataclysm I'm pretty sure - as long as you didn't pass through the instance portal into Ghostlands and like you say, rode the coast from Tirisfal Glades. I did the same journey but as a paladin with Crusader Aura and that DK ability that let you ride on water in the passenger seat of my bike, iirc. Maybe it was plain old Shaman water walking, either ways, still took a while :P
    You can reach it with water walking of any sort and a 100% mount. In retail, it's reachable by air again as they removed the invisible walls put up around Old Quel'Thalas in Cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I am normally yes I love to explore, but its hard to motivate myself to explore a world that has had every single pixel explored and examined and scrutinized over the past 15 years and thus nowhere to explore...
    For me, the fun is exploring this world and finding everything that was wiped away in the Cataclysm. Locations that have references to WC1-3 and the novels, locations that were largely changed, and the fun little flavor areas like Old Grim Batol.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!