Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Boosting or taking shortcuts gets you allways a throwaway character with our without pathfinder.

People still dont get it, that there might be different reasons why someone allready with many hundred of days /played might use a 120-boost and why that reason is not working out for casual/new players.

Blizzard wins either way and the clueless boost buyers wont enjoy the game for long, might be even a win for the community in the long run.
    The boost does worry me a little. I'm a returning player, and I did it on a DK (something I'm familiar with from Cata days). I tried a few others, but man felt off. I just wish I leveled through the Bfa content rather than through AV. Granted, I was able to get 120 super fast, but I don't think its for the casual/new player or someone picking a new class.

Boosts are better for ppl looking at a new server and maybe want to save on leveling all the way through - but it should be a class already familiar with imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Every expansion got me hyped to play at every launch and it stayed that way. Legion was by far my favourite expansion

When bfa came out I never played at launch. I hated alliance vs horde wars, because in Wow game, you can’t pull it off effectively enough to make it look like that its a war. Perhaps game engine limitations?

Months later, I got bfa as a gift, and I tried it. Till this day I haven’t levelled my main or my alts. The intro to bfa for alliance was boring as hell and the azerite system was is a horrible idea.

At the moment I am out of options, because I can’t skip all bfa content, since I want allied races unlocked and flying. Should I wait for the 120 boost and go from there?

I love this game, but bfa keeps me from playing
    You can get the 120 boost now if you pre-order Shadowlands. Regardless, there's always some things that you're going to find you don't like - it doesn't mean you should ignore the content you do like though (flying, allied races etc). Just suck it up, level (which is actually quite nice in BfA) and unlock the stuff you do like. It'll take ~2-3 weeks to unlock the allied races you want through the rep anyway, which imo is the most boring/worst part out of anything you've mentioned is bad anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmm
    i always find that argument funny because bfa was the first expansion that started with open hostilities.
    Like there are literally 2 razed capital cities lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Uuh you think you do but you really don't.

BfA has nice zones and it's storyline (at least the initial one) is as decent as any other in WoW.
    Patch content feels disconnected and the "faction war conclusion" is as anticlimactic as they come, so I give you that.

If you go "waah waah I don't want to!11" then man up and find another game. Stop whining around on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drasi View Post
    I'm a returning player, and I did it on a DK.
    If you have no social background in the current game, that can actually connect your boosted char with heroic/mythic content boost, its just a waste of time to the normal solo leveling experience.

While its very easy to socialize and get into groups/guilds/communitys while leveling, its a very harsh place at max level so late into the expansion and with so much /played spend by the commuity in the current expansion. Lots of ilvl/xp/rating gating is going on, as usual and that makes your post boosted experience as horrible as possible.

Leveling and the WQ/expedition is the casual zone, if you skip half of it, you end up in the community gated areas and thats where your fun ends as a returning player without connections.
    -

3+ Year Old Account
    Why bother write this thread at all? Smh
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion got me hyped to play at every launch and it stayed that way. Legion was by far my favourite expansion

When bfa came out I never played at launch. I hated alliance vs horde wars, because in Wow game, you can’t pull it off effectively enough to make it look like that its a war. Perhaps game engine limitations?

Months later, I got bfa as a gift, and I tried it. Till this day I haven’t levelled my main or my alts. The intro to bfa for alliance was boring as hell and the azerite system was is a horrible idea.

At the moment I am out of options, because I can’t skip all bfa content, since I want allied races unlocked and flying. Should I wait for the 120 boost and go from there?

small problem: you haven't played BfA. you haven't experienced anything, so you cannot make any sort of determination whether it is good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Do the AV event you will be 120 in about 2hrs and can avoid the leveling of BFA.
    This exactly.
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    it doesn’t sound like you are stuck at all, rather you just refuse to level and play the game.

U should just play it and experience the expansion yourself and then formulate an opinion.
    I played the first 5 minutes ignoring all the quest text and just complaining the whole time, and i had a horrible time, expansion is bad.

people choose to have it fail, they enter hating it, they enter ignoring it, then complain when they didnt even experience it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    small problem: you haven't played BfA. you haven't experienced anything, so you cannot make any sort of determination whether it is good or bad.
    Read the whole post then. I have played it and it is bad.

somewhat of a side note but how long until the end of Korraks Revenge AV 15th anniversary? do we know? is it permanent?
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Read the whole post then. I have played it and it is bad.

Huh. you sure you played it?

It doesn't take that long to level. Just do it. I just finished leveling one of the void elves and 110-120 went quick. Right now they have the anniversary buff (10% xp) and if you catch the invasions- they give you another xp buff (there is also the DMF buff when it is in town). You can do the av from classic. I find it a little painful (and long) but others swear by it. Leveling from 110-120 went so quickly, I only opened one of the zones and none of the other factions zones, so that was pretty fast. I would say 100-110 is really fast (due to the xp from the demon invasions), but 110-120 is a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    It doesn't take that long to level. Just do it. I just finished leveling one of the void elves and 110-120 went quick. Right now they have the anniversary buff (10% xp) and if you catch the invasions- they give you another xp buff (there is also the DMF buff when it is in town). You can do the av from classic. I find it a little painful (and long) but others swear by it. Leveling from 110-120 went so quickly, I only opened one of the zones and none of the other factions zones, so that was pretty fast. I would say 100-110 is really fast (due to the xp from the demon invasions), but 110-120 is a close second.
    wod with flying and treasure hunting has always been my favorite!
    do you know how long the anniversary level 60 AV event is going to last?
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

I waited to buy bfa when it was on sale. Probably the same thing I will do with shadowlands. I ran some quests and ran a dungeon in bfa and I really didn't like it. I was never thrilled with the theme of BFA to begin with. A lot of my toons are stuck at level 110 because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    wod with flying and treasure hunting has always been my favorite!
    do you know how long the anniversary level 60 AV event is going to last?
    I think until Jan 7, which is plenty of time to get those 10 levels. If you haven't done the BfA questlines- they are actually pretty interesting and good (especially the Horde side). I just skip them because I have done them a few times, but if you are doing them for the first time, I think you will like them. BfA has chests, rares and bonus objectives to help you level as well.

I smell troll, but I'll bite anyway.

- 1 AV event is going on. You can go from 110 - 120 in under 4 hours literally jumping by a graveyard flag every few minutes.
    - 2 BfA zone stories was one of the only good features of the expansion and had very little to do with the Horde v Alliance overall so your excuse of "I don't like the A v H war" doesn't hold much weight on that front.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity

People in general can not understand how you can hate something without "even trying" it out properly.

I do understand that azerite is trash compared to artifact (lore wise) i can understand that bfa feels like a filler expansion and a copy cat expansion.

But you should take a bit more time when saying bfa keeps you from playin. Because bfa is not keeping you from playing it is yourself. And either you accept it, or you try the new waters. I had even bigger issues than you have, but try to see bfa and Legion as one addon. You can also play Legion atm and get full reward/ sometimes even better rewards than in bfa.

Nazjatar added a nice catchup mechanic for your heart, so you dont need to farm any azerite to get all important traits.
    The only thing you gotta farm atm are essences, but it seems they are weakening the farm for 8.3 also and some essences seem to be account bound now.

You are so fucking melodramatic. The Alliance vs. Horde plot in the questing experience lasts a total of 20 minutes with the Battle of Lordaeron scenario. The faction war is absent throughout Kul Tiras and Zandalar, except for the War Campaign which you can ignore completely and still get to 120. You are not stuck, you refuse to level.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

You havent even played or experience Bfa, but you have someone made your opinion that it is bad?

No you didn't, you just jump on the hate bandwagon, because people are somehow attracted by drama.
    People seem to forget that 90% of the joy in an MMO is the social aspect. Doing the content with friends, not from the content itself.

Besides, the leveing in BfA is lightyears ahead of old content questing. How can you even consider lower level quest content more exciting?
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want