Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Overall I'd be glad to put the faction war behind us. Shadowlands feels like a missed opportunity to bring in new classes. Though a retooling of Unholy Death Knights could be interesting. I'd say my current lookout is hopefully optimistic. I hated the 'Beefa' reveal and the only thing I've enjoyed about the expansion is the Drust. Azshara is tired... Old Gods are alright... Lich King is better... Land of the dead... yeah I'm there. If nothing else the story has recaptured my imagination more so than the current expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

I have to admin I'm pretty hyped for shadowlands. Not the most hyped I've been for an expansion though. I'd say 3rd most hyped though.

#1 was Wrath. I remember first seeing the trailer and xpac announcement at Blizzcon and was so excited to be heading to Northrend.

#2 was actually Pandaria, not so much for the storyline though at that time but more for the new environment and new lore. Azeroth was getting pretty stale at that point, much like it is now. To venture to a new place with new lore and little tied back to Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms. I was very excited.

#3 now is Shadowlands for much of the same reasons as Pandaria. New world, new lore, alienesque locations. I am really super hyped for Shadowlands.

Same because I'm always hyped as fuck for an expansion because I'm hopelessly addicted.

Based on what we know so far, not very hyped tbh. Probably the most exciting feature I have seen are the Forsaken with knees and elbows.

At this point any type of new content has me at least slightly interested. But like you, my hype meter isn't really moving much at this point. Now that could change once we start seeing some type of content coming from the alpha/beta streamers in a few months if they introduce something new, redone, or flashy enough to catch some interest

(who knows maybe it's better than it sounds and they just had low selling blizzcon, a man can hope)

I still find there reasons (or lack thereof) for no new race or class to be pure bullshit of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    My expectations couldn't be much lower, I don't believe they will get rid of artifact power for good. Probably just change it slightly again.

This is the first expansion I did not pre-order. For the first time since Vanilla, I'm not going to be actively playing into it. Once Nylotha is done, I'll wait and see.

The biggest let down of an expansion was Cataclysm. Wrath was such a great time for myself and my friends - the expectations were off the charts.

The biggest "rally" of an expansion was MoP. Wasn't expecting much, aside from cool environments, but was one the best expansions of the game.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say, I will admit after thinking it all through there is some interest, but until we know more I wont be "OMG Hype" levels.

Really waiting to see what they do with classes and talents since they failed pretty hard on that end with BFA, IMO.

Can say I feel a little more hyped than BFA, so far.

When more information comes out, including class changes, I'll be more excited.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Also, I joined here in 2008...any hype was shut down by tons of "meh, it is gonna be shite" threads anyhow. But I remember how "hyped" this forum was for Cata, because it would return WoW to the former hardcore glory.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha....
    I lol'd.

/10 hardcore cata-dungeons

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There will be alot of grinding in that tower unfortunately...

Very little. The damage to the game done by BFA was just too big, i really don't think they will ever be able to repair it.

They could at least paint over it with awesome gameplay changes - which so far SL has exactly none that we know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    They show their best during the announcement. If that shit is the best they can show, well, imagine what an actual product will look like. It's called logic, not clairvoyance by the way.
    i got to ask
    other than DK, what amazing things they show in wotlk reveal? new items? new level cap? barber shop? and yet woltk was wows peak, and by some is still consider the best expansion to date...
    so no, its not "logic" it really is more of a clairvoyance...

Not hyped at all. Will probably buy the xpac when it's on sale, so one year in and when the complete pathfinder is unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you cant really beat the legion hype,the idea of facing the legion for good,some of the artefacts were awsome,demon hunter,fan favorite illidan return,lore wise learning more stuff etc,sure shadowlands has some potential lore wise to uncover some major things,like what is elune,the true nature of the titans maybe,and how death truly works,but gameplay wise,its kinda empty atm,but im hopefull they learned from bfa's shortcomings,but hey,if shadowlands is shit,atleast we will proly get tbc

- - - Updated - - -

well people hated mop announcement,and early on it had some issues,but i think most would say mop was a top 3 expansion
    It is all subjective I still rate MoP as one of the worst expacs of all time Id put cata below it and WoD over it for raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    I personally am not hyped at all for the new expansion.

I quit wow mid Cata but Legion managed to spark my interest fully. Illidan and the demon hunter class, ashbringer and the artifact weapons, the legion attacking, a character boost for buying the normal game and not some "digital bbq+++ deluxe "version of it, ancient elves instead of alternate reality "orclords of orcnor", profession revamp, mythic + ....

All this generated huge amounts of interest. Shadowlands on the other hand fails to even remotely build up as much hype to me.
    We have
    - the mary sue deus ex machina cinematic
    - 4 new factions (feels more like what chores and dailies do I have to dance around this time to finally have "fun")
    - we see past characters like uther, cenarius and kael'thas
    - No more azerite system. "There's no infinitely grindable system in Shadowlands. We want there to be tons of different things you can do. You can do what you want to do for anima." Its sad that this is the most exciting element they announced from the new expansion for me. I still have my doubts if this isnt just some reskinned azerite system light...

So, what expansion were you hyped the most about before and how hyped/unhyped are you for shadowlands compared to it and why?
    Deus Ex Mary Sue isn't really a fair point when you've got characters like Thrall, Khadgar, Jaina, Medivh, Illidan, Wrathion, Anduin etc. etc. They've all been written to be like Medan during their time. Only difference here is that there were no breadcrumbs for Sylvanas yet she's had a spotlight for 2 expansions in a row now, and players were dumb enough to not realize she had evil intent written all over since Cata.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2019-12-27 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i got to ask
    other than DK, what amazing things they show in wotlk reveal? new items? new level cap? barber shop? and yet woltk was wows peak, and by some is still consider the best expansion to date...
    so no, its not "logic" it really is more of a clairvoyance...
    You 'got to ask'? Have you really grown so senile you dont remember anything? I'll remind you of a couple of things. Inscription. Wintergrasp. New talents and abilities for God's sake. Oh and let's not forget what, 8 or 9 zones? Not even counting wintergrasp here!

So even with your halfwit absurd 'other than DK' that expansion was miles better.

And why should I ignore DKs anyway? They were the staple of the expansion. Shadowblands is just a big patch by Wotlk standards

The only expansions I wasn't hyped about were MoP and WoD.

Not even a little bit. I'm ready for Warcraft 4 or just something new and different.

I don't think the facebook dopamine rush design is going anywhere so not very interested right now...