10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    his loyalty to the Constitution
    Oh honey... I have some bad news about that.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think this would be an exceedingly successful tact to take in campaigns ads against both McConnell (how is McGrath doing btw?) and Trump. Hammering that message home might even cause some Trumpkins to start thinking for themselves.
    Unlikely, I read a comment from a guy today saying all the 2A, taxes, small govt BS schtick, and then said as long as trump runs on that, he could choke his wife in front of him and he'd still vote for him. Those people are gone an nothing the think or say should be entertained nor should they be catered to in any way, shape, or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Unlikely, I read a comment from a guy today saying all the 2A, taxes, small govt BS schtick, and then said as long as trump runs on that, he could choke his wife in front of him and he'd still vote for him. Those people are gone an nothing the think or say should be entertained nor should they be catered to in any way, shape, or form.
    They are already being catered to unfortunately. For the last 20 years Fox News has been keeping them amped up with hate for anything not like them. Now with the internet you have Breitbart and other unreliable sites pushing even more hate and misinformation. You also have crap on Facebook that is not even in the realm of reality being spread around as truth by these same people. They are insulated and no amount of information will change that.

This very incident proves it. Trump was not only caught red handed, provided the proof of his misdeeds, but he also did it again on television and didn't see anything wrong with it. What does his following say? "What about Biden!!" "Trump's not impeached!!!" "Trump can run for a third term now!!!"

There is no reasoning with these people. I had hoped that Trump would do such a bad job that none of his following could deny how bad he was for this country, but now I see they will defend Trump with whatever lie they can cling onto. They will attack any legitimate criticism. Why? Because he's their guy. Politics are nothing more than a sports game to them and they have to win. And the Republican party has benefited so much from this that when it's time to do what's right for this country they'd rather side against the Constitution than risk losing any power.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    We had 2.5 fucking years of mod allowed Russian conspiracy theory horseshit. Please spare me your self-righteous indignation and willful ignorance. This place is a fucking joke.
    Dude, Russia did interfere in the 2016 elections. That's a proven fact. Your denialism is in the range of denying that our planet is roughly a sphere, and that the universe is big
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Dude, Russia did interfere in the 2016 elections. That's a proven fact. Your denialism is in the range of denying that our planet is roughly a sphere, and that the universe is big
    Or that the holocaust actually happened. It's just beyond stupidity at this point.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We had 2.5 fucking years of mod allowed Russian conspiracy theory horseshit. Please spare me your self-righteous indignation and willful ignorance. This place is a fucking joke.
    Then why don't you leave. Serious question. Why do you continue to shit post and lie with every breath you take if we're all such a joke? Why the effort? It can't be to right wrongs because you're on the wrong side of this entire issue. So why bother posting here anymore? Especially if you think this place is a "fucking joke"? Do you post on other "fucking joke" sites?

You are beyond hope regardless. Thinking that NIA-confirmed Russian election interference is "conspiracy theory horseshit" places you squarely in the Hopeless category. You should just run off to r/TheDonald and circle jerk with the rest of the kool aid chuggers (eyes closed, right?).
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-12-27 at 10:43 PM.

Then why don't you leave. Serious question. Why do you continue to shit post and lie with every breath you take if we're all such a joke? Why the effort? It can't be to right wrongs because you're on the wrong side of this entire issue. So why bother posting here anymore? Especially if you think this place is a "fucking joke"? Do you post on other "fucking joke" sites?

You are beyond hope regardless. Thinking that NIA confirmed Russian election interference is "conspiracy theory horseshit" places you squarely in the Hopeless category. You should just run off to r/TheDonald and circle jerk with the rest of the kool aid chuggers (eyes closed, right?).
    Man I come back from a long time out and TJ is still going at it.

Glad the thebfucker got impeached. Now Pelosi should just hold on the the articles and make him sweat and stew in his own fermented juices over it. We all know the Senate trial will be sham so no point feeding turtle.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Man I come back from a long time out and TJ is still going at it.

Glad the thebfucker got impeached. Now Pelosi should just hold on the the articles and make him sweat and stew in his own fermented juices over it. We all know the Senate trial will be sham so no point feeding turtle.
    Lol, right?

There has been some talk about keeping the Articles away from the Senate, or in some other way delaying the Trial, until after the Senate primaries, to keep the Trumpkins from primary'ing people who vote their conscience. Probably won't work - March is too far away for that to be practical.

Lol, right?

There has been some talk about keeping the Articles away from the Senate, or in some other way delaying the Trial, until after the Senate primaries, to keep the Trumpkins from primary'ing people who vote their conscience. Probably won't work - March is too far away for that to be practical.
    Turtle McFlacidpenisface help up a SCOTUS nominee for 11 months, I think them articles can go in the ice with Captain America for a while.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Turtle McFlacidpenisface help up a SCOTUS nominee for 11 months, I think them articles can go in the ice with Captain America for a while.
    THAT is a very good and interesting point. And Pelosi has the balls to pull that kind of stunt. Especially if she's pushing for a "fair" trial and asking that jurors not make up their minds before they hear the evidence.

Y'know, I think I agree.
    Let's see what happens when Super Tuesday's GOP primary finishes.

And someone reminds McConnell of how he promised to make Obama a one term president, as well as holding up judicial nominees.

7+ Year Old Account
    THAT is a very good and interesting point. And Pelosi has the balls to pull that kind of stunt. Especially if she's pushing for a "fair" trial and asking that jurors not make up their minds before they hear the evidence.
    I think then you get a Supreme Court case where they decide the ground rules of how thing kind of stuff happens. Because impeachment is so rare and certainly what's suggested here that Pelosi do is hard to believe.

Compare that to say McConnell blocking Garland. Well nominations have an expiration date on the day the current session of Congress ends. Does impeachment have one?

Anyway what's the whole damned point? To get long ridiculous arguments over a subject in the hopes of persuading or pressuring McConnell to hold a "fair trial" ( whatever the fuck that means in this context ). Perhaps seeking to persuade enough voters?

Fun idea, but so do Republicans believe they can sway the public the more this circus, and it is a circus that makes me as a European laugh, goes on and Republicans think it will benefit them electorally.

I think Pelosi had the right of it when she wore black on day of the vote: It's a sad day, because I hope every single one of you are ready for the next impeachment and the next and then the next after that. The process started with Watergate and continued with Clinton and now Trump has normalized something that was considered 60 years ago exceptional.

Maybe that's for the best at breaking the dumb stupid cult like view of the president of the United States whoever that person might be.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Everyone should support Pelosi on this. McConnel and Graham openly admitted on TV that they were going to rig the trial.

Even if you're a Trump supporter, imagine walking into a courtroom and the opposing counsel/judge tells you they're rigging the outcome. Would you be okay with that? Of course not.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    I think then you get a Supreme Court case where they decide the ground rules of how thing kind of stuff happens. Because impeachment is so rare and certainly what's suggested here that Pelosi do is hard to believe.

Compare that to say McConnell blocking Garland. Well nominations have an expiration date on the day the current session of Congress ends. Does impeachment have one?

Anyway what's the whole damned point? To get long ridiculous arguments over a subject in the hopes of persuading or pressuring McConnell to hold a "fair trial" ( whatever the fuck that means in this context ). Perhaps seeking to persuade enough voters?

Fun idea, but so do Republicans believe they can sway the public the more this circus, and it is a circus that makes me as a European laugh, goes on and Republicans think it will benefit them electorally.

I think Pelosi had the right of it when she wore black on day of the vote: It's a sad day, because I hope every single one of you are ready for the next impeachment and the next and then the next after that. The process started with Watergate and continued with Clinton and now Trump has normalized something that was considered 60 years ago exceptional.

Maybe that's for the best at breaking the dumb stupid cult like view of the president of the United States whoever that person might be.
    The point of the March Delay would be to allow the GOP Senators to get through their primary without openly opposing Trump, so they can vote their conscience without being primaried.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Everyone should support Pelosi on this. McConnel and Graham openly admitted on TV that they were going to rig the trial.

Even if you're a Trump supporter, imagine walking into a courtroom and the opposing counsel/judge tells you they're rigging the outcome. Would you be okay with that? Of course not.
    Agreed. Along with witness intimidation and jury bribing, to add to the litany of crimes he's already committed.

7+ Year Old Account
    The point of the March Delay would be to allow the GOP Senators to get through their primary without openly opposing Trump, so they can vote their conscience without being primaried.
    Because GOP senators have a secret desire to see Nancy Pelosi as vice-president of the United States, absolutely, and be prepared for that argument to start being made if this starts gaining any real traction. I am sure they will gladly throw away years if not decades of work just so they can remove the evil orange man from office.

I find the entire political discussion a big gigantic farcical exercise. A waste of time that will accomplish squat. No Republican senator will destroy their hard worked for careers for the sake of some idiotic impeachment drive without a good reason to do it.

The only way Trump is removed from office is if a majority, a clear majority, of Republican voters turn against him. At this stage 90% support him. Nixon almost got removed from office because Republican voters DID turn against him.

The idea that elected Republicans should take on Trump is a good laugh. They did remember, or well tried and failed miserably, in the 2016 election. Heck there was a story on Politico not too long about Mike Pence and Access Hollywood. As far as Pence and many others were concerned Trump's candidacy was over the moment that tape came out.

Except it wasn't, because the 2nd Presidential debate happened and Trump came out on top.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2019-12-28 at 09:40 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

It's weird how you don't trust intelligence agencies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Not saying Russia didnt try to interfere, they clearly did attempt to, and was it tied to people in the Trump campaign yes. There is just no evidence of Trump himself being directly involved.
    So it's just everyone else surrounded by Trump. Yep, sounds like the best people.

How many other countries do you think will take it upon themselves to smear Trump this time in an attempt to remove him?
    Do you really think others need help to smear Trump? He seems to do it to himself on a daily basis, if not hourly.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Because GOP senators have a secret desire to see Nancy Pelosi as vice-president of the United States
    Pelosi wouldn't become VP. The position would just remain vacant until filled. After Nixon resigned and Ford became president (in August), there was no VP for over 4 months, until Rockefeller was voted in in December. The office has actually been vacant quite a bit historically, as until the 25th amendment, there wasn't even a mechanism for replacing a VP who became president, resigned, or died in office.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

It's more like they walk into a courtroom, and the judge is telling them "yeah, I'm rigging this trial in your favour, just play along" and they are like "sweet. Since Republicans will be in control forevermore, this could never be used against me, so give me more of that".

Maybe u could if Democrats having been talking about impeachment since before trump took office. Even Pelosi said they have been working toward this for 2.5 years. And adam himself said they don’t have time to wait for all the facts.

Imagine walking into a courtroom and saying they don’t have time to present all of the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Maybe u could if Democrats having been talking about impeachment since before trump took office. Even Pelosi said they have been working toward this for 2.5 years. And adam himself said they don’t have time to wait for all the facts.

Imagine walking into a courtroom and saying they don’t have time to present all of the facts.
    I believe what you are talking about is him saying they can't wait forever for the White House allowing various people to testify or waiting for the courts to tell some that are waiting "to be allowed" to be witnesses to come forward. Which is true enough, you can't wait forever when the White House is actively stopping people. Of course if the call was as perfect as Trump claims then there's no reason to stop people from doing so, but of course Trump is lying. We won't know how "perfect" the call was until we get the transcript.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866