Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Spam Korrak's Revenge. Doesn't really help you when you have never done it before though, you'll need to do the quests at one point or another. The whole War thing isn't even really a thing when leveling outside of the War Campaign which you can ignore unless you want to get certain achievements/allied races anyway. BfA is shit, but leveling is far from being the reason it's shit, just get it over with and stop whining over nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why you need to be 120 at all. If you don't play until Shadowlands, fine. You start at a lower level than max and level up then. Yeah, you'll be behind people who start at max but you obviously don't care about racing to max to be raiding etc since you've taken an entire xpac off.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Oh for sure, we're just going to completely ignore how overwhelmingly negative the audiences response to the "content" at 120 is.
    A good chunk of the vocal audience has been very biased against this xpac since its conception. There is a lot of negativity around the mechanics of the expansion that I believe lead people to generalize the entire expansion as "bad" and the content as "bad". But when you really look at it, there is just as much content, if not more, in BfA than there was in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    You keep on shillin' though ya' time played metric fan boi ^o^
    Ah yes, I'm a "fan boi" because I am intelligent enough to admit there is content whether I like it or not. I forget anyone who remotely enjoys retail must be a "fan boi" and can't just have a different taste or opinion than others...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I don't get why you need to be 120 at all. If you don't play until Shadowlands, fine. You start at a lower level than max and level up then. Yeah, you'll be behind people who start at max but you obviously don't care about racing to max to be raiding etc since you've taken an entire xpac off.
    Because OP states that they want flying and allied races. So yes, they do need to be 120.

"Legion was my favorite expansion"

You gotta quest for pathfinder and get loremaster. Either at 120 or while getting to 120. You have to be friendly with all three factions to unlock WQs so you can earn the rep needed to get the ARs.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Make Wow great again!

Make it F2P and let us pay real money for flying and new races and let cheap fools grind for what used to be expansion feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to unlock allied races and flying, you will have to clear all the story quests and war campaign, no matter if you do it on the path from 110 to 120, at 120, or a year from now. But I'm sure you were well aware of this when you made this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skumnasty View Post
    Because OP states that they want flying and allied races. So yes, they do need to be 120.
    For AR yes, but unless they want to fly *in BFA*, no. BfA pathfinder won't carry over to SL where I'm sure we'll lose flight again and have to re-earn it. Which will require being max level then. Obviously, if they want to level to 120 for AR and can only stand to do that if they can also fly... well...

But all of this is easy for OP. IF they want things that require being 120 and having played certain stuff... do it. If they hate BfA so much that they don't want to play that much, they don't get the perks. This isn't rocket science, it's being a rational adult who can decide between options.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    For AR yes, but unless they want to fly *in BFA*, no. BfA pathfinder won't carry over to SL where I'm sure we'll lose flight again and have to re-earn it. Which will require being max level then. Obviously, if they want to level to 120 for AR and can only stand to do that if they can also fly... well...

But all of this is easy for OP. IF they want things that require being 120 and having played certain stuff... do it. If they hate BfA so much that they don't want to play that much, they don't get the perks. This isn't rocket science, it's being a rational adult who can decide between options.
    rational

nice joke

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Do the AV event you will be 120 in about 2hrs and can avoid the leveling of BFA.
    How much exaggeration is there to this 2 hours time? is that 2 hours from 110?

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I hated alliance vs horde wars, because in Wow game, you can’t pull it off effectively enough to make it look like that its a war. Perhaps game engine limitations?
    I mean the whole goddamn game since ever has been about Horde vs. Alliance skirmishes and all-out war. Do you not play the same WoW as the rest of us?

Months later, I got bfa as a gift, and I tried it. Till this day I haven’t levelled my main or my alts. The intro to bfa for alliance was boring as hell and the azerite system was is a horrible idea.

At the moment I am out of options, because I can’t skip all bfa content, since I want allied races unlocked and flying. Should I wait for the 120 boost and go from there?
    Well you can't just get what you want without playing the game. It seems that your opinions have been colored by the forum haters rather than just playing it. There is nothing wrong with the Azerite system fundamentally unless you're looking to min-max and crank the mostest DPS so you don't get benched from your world first mythic raid guild.

I love this game, but bfa keeps me from playing
    Bull. You keep you from playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vudu View Post
    this is a fantasy game where a significant chunk of the player population is made up of children.
    That may have been true in 2004, but if all of my communities are right, the average player age is about 38.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    How much exaggeration is there to this 2 hours time? is that 2 hours from 110?
    Yeah from 110. AV event gives 2-3 levels per game w/ looms etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Doesnt sound like you do at all.

Why would you want to buy a 120-boost at all? Flying and playing with allied races for the heritage armor takes time and you seem to hate basicly everthing about WoW-BfA there is.

Your WAR comment is disturbing. If you miss some key "features" of war like rape, die in vain, mindless destruction? Go and watch a news channel for that.
    I think its more you cant have the scale of large armies clashing, it never does tight ranks like in the cinematics, and you cant have a clear victor due to the 2 factions system. More disturbing your mind immediately jumped to war crimes and collateral damage.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I love this game, but bfa keeps me from playing
    Actually it sounds like you don't love the game, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    thanks i appreciate it,
    i have done the new zones and quest lines on my main (hunter) - stopped playing months and months ago [no flying, no vulpera]
    i had done some island levelling on druid/dh/dk
    i hope to resub tonight after work and finish the dh / dk & druid whom are all sitting 110-115 atm
    i also have my free 110 boost that i might use and get him insta 120 from this level 60 av as well

just when you think your done with wow, its like a fish hook in the cheek - - im back bitches!! haha
    Enjoy and good luck!

Don't worry- the levels will pass quicker than you think (I also think they nerfed the xp needed at some point as well, though not 100% sure on that. Plus you can upgrade heirlooms to 120 now as well)

OP, just suffer through the Alliance versus Horde stuff for the 10 minutes it happens and then play the new zones. I'm not sure which faction you play but all of the zones are pretty well done story wise and quite a bit of fun to play through. I'd argue that Vol'dun is probably the worst zone overall, but admittedly Stormsong Valley turns to shit after you finish the main story there. That said, there's so much Shadowlands stuff going on in almost all the zones that it's well worth it to just play through them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The zones have nothing to do with the war outside of the War Campaign aside from two small areas in Zuldazar and Stormsong Valley.

Just force yourself through it, if you can't make it half way through one of the zones then WoW just isn't for you anymore.

The leveling content is only loosely related to the faction war. You'd mainly miss out on a title, the faction war storyline, and why Sylvanas stops being warchief by the end of the expansion by skipping out on the war campaign. Frankly our current raid content isn't faction war related either, we're fighting Azshara and N'zoth atm. Faction war is canonically wrapped up from the 8.2.5 patch.

Ye azerite is awful but the Essences that came with 8.2 are pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The leveling content is only loosely related to the faction war. You'd mainly miss out on a title, the faction war storyline, and why Sylvanas stops being warchief by the end of the expansion by skipping out on the war campaign. Frankly our current raid content isn't faction war related either, we're fighting Azshara and N'zoth atm. Faction war is canonically wrapped up from the 8.2.5 patch.

Ye azerite is awful but the Essences that came with 8.2 are pretty good.
    yes because getting gear that allows your class to be dynamic at a low level are worse than crit and haste.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a you problem. The war rarely comes into play during leveling, most of the time you concentrating on your own faction's problems. Azerite gear is an afterthought till you hit 120. you get a few pieces but never enough AP to make them worth thinking about.