Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The hatred of Anduin is astonishing, he is actually quite likeable, which is rare for warcraft, not like his father in a good way, which is something they don't often pull off well enough. Don't get the hate there, to me he has cted quite smart and wisely but in pursuit of peace and preventing war, only going to it when absolutely necessary, and has actually been written to pull of victories like no other alliance leader has over the horde since WoW began - but maybe that makes him a Mary Sue character? I also don't understand the criticsm of having no flaws, he has loads struggles, traumas, but for a change, unlike so many other characters, he successfully overcomes them without falling.. this is not an impossible feat, we are all capable of this, it's just rare in individuals, but it is something you'd definitely want in a King.
    Wut? Never played a nelf character, did you? He used the nelves when it was convenient and left them to die in the War of Thorns. Only to have his army blighted in Lordaeron. He is a fucking traitor. Nobody in their right mind understands those "victories". They were just thrown at the players as facts of the story but nobody can really fathom how they came about.

And yes, he's a mary sue character. Just my opinion.

Well. At least it's only high elves that fall for the "human potential". Proper Kaldorei don't bother with those smelly humans.

For the Kaldorei.
    Vengeance for Teldrassil.
    Death to the Traitor King.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    The characters you are complaining about were never part of the horde. If anything their race abandoned them to join up with their ancestral enemies. Your supposed anti example is rooted in delusion because Alleria and Veressa were never horde.
    I give you example from real life.

SSSR spy goes on mission agains USA somewhere in Afganistan. While he is on mission SSSR will fall after long cold war. He will choose marry female that hate USA and he will never return to Russia that is now in pact with USA.

Is he traitor?

High elf is not different race...it is political vision that their own race no longer supports. It's practicaly same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    I give you example from real life.

SSSR spy goes on mission agains USA somewhere in Afganistan. While he is on mission SSSR will fall after long cold war. He will choose marry female that hate USA and he will never return to Russia that is now in pact with USA.

Is he traitor?

High elf is not different race...it is political vision that their own race no longer supports. It's practicaly same thing.
    Again no it's more like a USSR operative is working with another operative from an allied state and falls in love. During this time the USSR breaks apart and most defect to the dreaded capitalist dogma. For them to stay loyal to what remains of the USSR and their allies makes more sense than randomly becoming a capitalist. Also it's interesting how you cast the communists as the good guys from your perspective. She isn't marrying the opposite faction she is marrying within her values. Values that the rest of her people abandoned when blizzard needed to give the horde a pretty race. It's hilarious to watch people cry about Alleria and Veressa and the silver covenant in general when they are the only elves who have remained true to their original characterization that includes both night elves and blood elves btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Well. At least it's only high elves that fall for the "human potential". Proper Kaldorei don't bother with those smelly humans.
    Dude, Shandris is the one who gave name to this phenomenon.

Again no it's more like a USSR operative is working with another operative from an allied state and falls in love. During this time the USSR breaks apart and most defect to the dreaded capitalist dogma. For them to stay loyal to what remains of the USSR and their allies makes more sense than randomly becoming a capitalist. Also it's interesting how you cast the communists as the good guys from your perspective. She isn't marrying the opposite faction she is marrying within her values. Values that the rest of her people abandoned when blizzard needed to give the horde a pretty race. It's hilarious to watch people cry about Alleria and Veressa and the silver covenant in general when they are the only elves who have remained true to their original characterization that includes both night elves and blood elves btw.
    I forget that English is USSR not SSSR but your whole reasoning where you trying to throw me to communist box and blame blizzard that they created Blood Elves just to defend yout stupid idea of High elves is hillarious.

But again. I have noting about what she choose. I just telling you that choice painted her and this stupid High elves as traitors. And no..you will not change this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Even then it was pretty eye rolling, Alleria goes from independent ranger to desperately needing Turalyon by the end of the book, and then they make it worse by adding in the little half elf abomination later in the lore.

The only "decent' part of these couples is they are pretty much spat on by every elf that isn't the wife of said writer's hero.
    I think it was made worse by the fact that the kid is only there to be there. I mean, you could do interesting stuff with Arator. Less with the half-elf thing, more with him being this kid of this bigger than life heroes he never met but everyone probably expects him to be like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Wut? Never played a nelf character, did you? He used the nelves when it was convenient and left them to die in the War of Thorns. Only to have his army blighted in Lordaeron. He is a fucking traitor. Nobody in their right mind understands those "victories". They were just thrown at the players as facts of the story but nobody can really fathom how they came about.

And yes, he's a mary sue character. Just my opinion.

For the Kaldorei.
    Vengeance for Teldrassil.
    Death to the Traitor King.
    The thing is I understood his position, even though I can understand a night elf getting very annoyed at that. But night elf reactions in the war of thorns towards Anduin are over played, most of you are under 40, but those amongst you who are wise and mature must surely spot the behaviour of Tyrande as portrayed in those encounters is over-exaggerated for an ancient, wise woman and High priestess.

Tyrande has lived through a bigger genocide, the Legion's first invasion nearly wiped out the Kaldorei, it just seems that in the face of other threats that could strategically come back to bite her and her people in the arse, going all emo on Anduin or hating him for pursuing the strategically ocrrect choice while having no patienence (for a 10k + year old woman and leadeR) just strikes me as off.

still i can understand both her position and Anduin's concerning his choices over committing alliance forces. Even for a person who desperately loves their people, I can't consider Anduin's actions as bad, despite sympathising with tyrande, in fact I expected more from her, and recognise blizzard were pushing the night elf reaction because of community pressure.. Darkshore was originally slated to come in 8.3, pushing it this early makes Tyrande look rash, and over-emo, lacking the ability to be patient even under extreme dureess, something she didn't have a problem with during the War of the Ancients, where the situation from every angle was more dire than the War of Thorns.

Now getting angry at Anduin may be popular and satisfy the male need for action and vengeance against a wrong, and thus be liked, but again, the whole thing is handled poorly concerning the night elves. They don't come of us cunning, ancient, wise or powerful.thirsting for vengeance, reckless vengeance again uncharateristic for the racial profile is all i get out of how they handled the whole affair.

- - - Updated - - -

Well responded, good reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    I think it was made worse by the fact that the kid is only there to be there. I mean, you could do interesting stuff with Arator. Less with the half-elf thing, more with him being this kid of this bigger than life heroes he never met but everyone probably expects him to be like them.
    Oooh, it might be interesting to see him kinda like the guy that much is expected off and really wants to fill the big shoes of his all star parents, but actually is a failure at this, and must reconcile or come to terms with his shortcomings and fialures on the big stage, while trying to find where he really fits, making him a very vulnerable character becuase he's got no super saiyan, but in that we cnow show some genuine strength and courage, even if it is emotional.

Bah, but they'd never do that, anyone who gets focused on eventually becomes over powered. Whiles I feel some people actually should, I don't think all should. there some characters that can be very likable for their influential yet no powered roles.

I've never seen this supposed hate that you're talking about but I do see arguments for them not being coupled. Mostly the whole deal where elves live for thousands of years and humans only 60-100 if they're lucky, probably less in the Warcraft universe. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference just by going what we've seen in game because if they were true to their age then we wouldn't have characters like Malfurion and Tyrande being the blundering idiots that they are in game. Thousands of years of life experience would make them all but incompatible for most reasonable people.

5+ Year Old Account
    For all the reasons you gave primarily.

What's even more strange is the habit for the writers to ignore very other pretty race or elf-type the Alliance has to offer to give humans cookie cutter blonds.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Basically reduced to a trophy for Turalyon, just like his mom.

I guess you can kind of say its atleast reversed with Sylvanas, that he's her pet, but still in that case the writers couldn't resist the urge to give another human character a elf gf.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

5+ Year Old Account
    Well my humble opinions:

1-First tolkien wasnt the first to introduce "inter racial phantasy lovers", in ancient mythology always... ALWAYS Mens were always the ones encountering naked girls, mating with hers. And you can go from Dryads, Elfs, etc. But when it happened the other way arround it was always the story of the forbidden love, and they end in death. So the hatred doesnt go in the direction of "because of Tolkien trope"

2- The Windrunner lovers saga, its literally. Strong womans that want to mate/marry a bearded strong man with issues. From a psicologic perspective, the writer (lets not say a name here) has a problem with human females, so he wanted to have this "phantasy" because this trio of bearded warriors discovered that these girls were perfect in any shape or form for them. Now why this sounds strange... well, lets see Lady Lyadrin, she is not a Windrunner, she is a Priestesess that became a Paladin, has a daugther and fighted the forces of the legion and the alliance up front..... where is her mate.. na she doesnt need one just put Lor Themar as something happened but nothing solid.
    Then you have Kaelthas that for some reason Jaina seems unninstered by this young thin but elegant man, yet she desires the STRONG Bulky Man that doesnt want to marry her..... hu. So by tring to understand this..... the Windrunner sisters just want that piece of Human. Maybe its the beard.

3- I think the hate its being pouring into a red and a blue filter call "FACTIONS", i bet ya if blood elves have become part of the alliance, we could have had a looooooot of "between races lovers". But now because its a "cross faction between race situation" people are:
    Hurr durr that Windrunner bo**ie should be mine, and not alliance miu hiu

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Well my humble opinions:

1-First tolkien wasnt the first to introduce "inter racial phantasy lovers", in ancient mythology always... ALWAYS Mens were always the ones encountering naked girls, mating with hers. And you can go from Dryads, Elfs, etc. But when it happened the other way arround it was always the story of the forbidden love, and they end in death. So the hatred doesnt go in the direction of "because of Tolkien trope"

2- The Windrunner lovers saga, its literally. Strong womans that want to mate/marry a bearded strong man with issues. From a psicologic perspective, the writer (lets not say a name here) has a problem with human females, so he wanted to have this "phantasy" because this trio of bearded warriors discovered that these girls were perfect in any shape or form for them. Now why this sounds strange... well, lets see Lady Lyadrin, she is not a Windrunner, she is a Priestesess that became a Paladin, has a daugther and fighted the forces of the legion and the alliance up front..... where is her mate.. na she doesnt need one just put Lor Themar as something happened but nothing solid.
    Then you have Kaelthas that for some reason Jaina seems unninstered by this young thin but elegant man, yet she desires the STRONG Bulky Man that doesnt want to marry her..... hu. So by tring to understand this..... the Windrunner sisters just want that piece of Human. Maybe its the beard.

3- I think the hate its being pouring into a red and a blue filter call "FACTIONS", i bet ya if blood elves have become part of the alliance, we could have had a looooooot of "between races lovers". But now because its a "cross faction between race situation" people are:
    Hurr durr that Windrunner bo**ie should be mine, and not alliance miu hiu
    I wish more were candid like you are. Point 3 did make me laugh.

I would say the real issue is the lack of more than a few prominent elves, especially Thalassian ones. Lor'themar has a few lines indicative of coupling with Thalyssra, but the only other big Belf characters is Lady Liadrin, the Nelf boys, And like, Occuleth, who's probably non-sexual.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    I would say the real issue is the lack of more than a few prominent elves, especially Thalassian ones. Lor'themar has a few lines indicative of coupling with Thalyssra, but the only other big Belf characters is Lady Liadrin, the Nelf boys, And like, Occuleth, who's probably non-sexual.
    And he should stay that way. Occuleth must stand firm in the name of all geeks!!

@cparle87 there is also Kalecgos /Jaina - though not sure what to make of that one.
    That's actually an interesting reversal on the dynamic. A powerful dragon, later Aspect, with a powerful for still mortal human woman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Can you give me an example of this? Sounds interesting.
    https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Melian

Mother of Luthien, who is the author's avatar for his wife, the most beautiful woman who ever lived. The only woman who ever charmed the literal god of Death into releasing her husband after he died. Her descendents include Elrond and Elros the half-elven, and thus other main characters like Arwen and the entirely of the Numenorean bloodline down to Aragorn.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    I forget that English is USSR not SSSR but your whole reasoning where you trying to throw me to communist box and blame blizzard that they created Blood Elves just to defend yout stupid idea of High elves is hillarious.

But again. I have noting about what she choose. I just telling you that choice painted her and this stupid High elves as traitors. And no..you will not change this.
    No it didn't at all. It painted the blood elves as traitors to their own values course the whole taking in the fel thing did that even before they joined the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Alleria is an Alliance character, have not heard anyone wish to have her in the Horde
    Until 7.3 that went against how she was, to her the Alliance was one of convenience at best. Humans were beneath her and elves except Turalyon and maybe khadgar.

She was a thalassian nationalists first and foremost. Her arc in the books around wc2 and beyond dark portal never changed that view. Her biggest change went from blood lust hatred of horde to pity.

For her to come back and pick a side between her kingdom and the Alliance WITHOUT actually asking her closest friend who is also the regent lord why is actually against her own character.

She really should have been neutral in the faction divide.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    3- I think the hate its being pouring into a red and a blue filter call "FACTIONS", i bet ya if blood elves have become part of the alliance, we could have had a looooooot of "between races lovers".
    oh god, i never though about it, its good the blood elves went to horde and not alliance then, the less this cringe shit the better

Anything related to sex in wow is really creepy and cringeworthy, anyone who wants more sex in wow should go outside.

So does Me'dan actually exist in the warcraft official canon? If so how did he happen? Did medivh rape Garona? Or were they lovers at tsome poin?
    Vol. 3 of Chronicle retconned him out of existence (they even put a "404" next to his name on the Index page).

As for Medivh and Garona, the latter is what happened. At some point during Garona's stay at Karazhan, they became lovers. That, just like Med'an, however, has been retconned.