Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because Elves are usually the only attractive non-human race in a setting. Wow has Draenei at least so that's where I'd like them to go with it but such is life.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just kinda reeks of a bunch of middle aged men wanting to give their fantasy characters arm candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Because it always come off as shitty writer wish fulfillment, it's even more crigeworthy that all 3 windrunner sisters fell for the equivalent of dogs in terms of life span compared to them.

I just can't get behind the idea that not a single one of them had a commited relationship before they met these humans in the last 30ish years.

not only that, but they fell so hard for them they just decided to start popping out kids for them.

It is completely unbelievable.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2019-12-28 at 07:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Be to elves like humans loving a dog. Dogs only around for 15 years or so... Humans to Elves much less comparatively...
    Just to add to that, Thalassian elves apparently view human/elf relationships as bestiality.

So yeah. The dog analogy fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Just to add to that, Thalassian elves apparently view human/elf relationships as bestiality.

So yeah. The dog analogy fits.
    Which is hilarious since the most common fanworks have belfs paired with worgen or tauren

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    Which is hilarious since the most common fanworks have belfs paired with worgen or tauren
    And sometimes dogs too!

So wait, what would Thalassian society frown more at? The Human, Dog, or a Worgen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No it didn't at all. It painted the blood elves as traitors to their own values course the whole taking in the fel thing did that even before they joined the horde.
    By this logic germany is nation of traitors then. But they are not. Majority can't betray few invidiuals with special and old values.

Of course you see high elves as this "good side"but they are not good. They are just rebels. Fel was just necessary thing for survival and they was too "noble" for this. So they joined Alliance instead of their race. This is practicaly just pure betrayal.

But they are noting more. No matter how hard will "high elf fans" cry and bend lore just to get something they can't have.
    Last edited by Artelia; 2019-12-28 at 09:27 AM.

It's best to just treat all WoW races as various exaggerations of humans. You shouldn't look at an elf and see an elf. You should see a human with bigger ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    By this logic germany is nation of traitors then. But they are not. Majority can't betray few invidiuals with special and old values.

Of course you see high elves as this "good side"but they are not good. They are just rebels. Fel was just necessary thing for survival and they was too "noble" for this. So they joined Alliance instead of their race. This is practicaly just pure betrayal.

But they are noting more. No matter how hard will "high elf fans" cry and bend lore just to get something they can't have.
    No matter how much Sylvanas fanboys cry it will never make sense that the blood elves joined the horde. The reason will remain purely due to the population gap and unjustifiable via lore.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I'm really curious why there is so much hate for the elf/human relationships in the fan community of warcraft?
    From someone who wrote a long ass rant about 'wood elves' as an overused trope... this question is rather amusing.

No matter how much Sylvanas fanboys cry it will never make sense that the blood elves joined the horde. The reason will remain purely due to the population gap and unjustifiable via lore.
    And Sylvanas is where in all of this? You really losing strings there right? Even if reason was due to population gaq or something. 12 years old RTS strategy is still less important than anything that happened in wow.

By the way , Night Elves joined Alliance practicaly without any real reason and their explanation is far much worse. Why people like you don't cry about it? Go and make topic about how it is bad that Night Elves are in Alliance.

People like you doesn't really care about lore. You just want horde race because it's pretty. This is why you got Void elves. Sadly for Alliance guys is noting really enough.
    Last edited by Artelia; 2019-12-28 at 01:14 PM.

closest neighbors cowed by differences in military might?

When people like to push Sylvanas as a psychotic and/or power hungry warmonger it makes sense that she might set her sights on every nearby nation and... well... Post Third War Quel'thalas was no powerhouse. It's runewards taken down and whatever was left failing, it's armies no longer as formidable as before and no other powers backing them... Sylvanas could easily storm back in with a force and take them down a peg or 3 even in pre-wrath era

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    What are you babbling about?

The only thing that happens is Alliance players whine because they can't acknowledge that High Elves are already a playable race in the game. They just happen to be Horde.
    Your getting tilted by a remark of mine made you completely digress. You can talk about your false opinions regarding HEs and BEs on the specific thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Your getting tilted by a remark of mine made you completely digress. You can talk about your false opinions regarding HEs and BEs on the specific thread.
    Case in point.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    From someone who wrote a long ass rant about 'wood elves' as an overused trope... this question is rather amusing.
    I merely did that to demonstrate that night elves were more than wood elves from creation, introduction and pretty much all their major racial progress - I simply got carried away going through every detail in the days I cared.

- - - Updated - - -

And Sylvanas is where in all of this? You really losing strings there right? Even if reason was due to population gaq or something. 12 years old RTS strategy is still less important than anything that happened in wow.

By the way , Night Elves joined Alliance practicaly without any real reason and their explanation is far much worse. Why people like you don't cry about it? Go and make topic about how it is bad that Night Elves are in Alliance.

People like you doesn't really care about lore. You just want horde race because it's pretty. This is why you got Void elves. Sadly for Alliance guys is noting really enough.
    I wrote essays on that. Across multiple forums over 14 years

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Basically reduced to a trophy for Turalyon, just like his mom.

I guess you can kind of say its atleast reversed with Sylvanas, that he's her pet, but still in that case the writers couldn't resist the urge to give another human character a elf gf.
    I meant more in a direction, where he is pressured by the legacy of both of his parents and has to find his own destiny. I also would have prefered if Arator would have ended up following more of his mothers path, becoming a Ranger or if he just did something entirely different, chosing to be a mage maybe under Khadgar or a rogue or a warlock.

y'all m'f'ers Garithos.

we need his divine presences more than ever.

I agree the night elves make no sense on the alliance and had large parts of their characterization stripped from the original warcraft games. Having the high elves join at the start would have made much more sense. Also it's a safe guess anyone with a blood elf avatar is a sylvanas fanboy or fangirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    "Hybrid" characters tend to be the stock and trade of terrible "original character" templates - like WoW's nadir example, Med'an, a hybrid Draenei/Human/Orc whose genetics somehow give him access to being a multi-class Paladin/Mage/Shaman (an ability none of WoW's other hybrid race examples like Arator has).
    I always had hope they would turn Med'an into someone important given his heritage.... a real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    I meant more in a direction, where he is pressured by the legacy of both of his parents and has to find his own destiny. I also would have prefered if Arator would have ended up following more of his mothers path, becoming a Ranger or if he just did something entirely different, chosing to be a mage maybe under Khadgar or a rogue or a warlock.
    There are no prominent male rangers. And before you say lor'themar or Halduron, their ranger activities are near non-existant. Lor'themmar is a leader now, he doesn't go to the front lines, except for Naz'jatar, th e first time he has actually somewaht played more than a brief minor role.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    There are no prominent male rangers. And before you say lor'themar or Halduron, their ranger activities are near non-existant. Lor'themmar is a leader now, he doesn't go to the front lines, except for Naz'jatar, th e first time he has actually somewaht played more than a brief minor role.
    To be fair, Blizz dropped the classical aspects of the Blood Elves, Ranger and Mages, nearly entirely outside of token npcs. Its all about Paladins now.