Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yyou found Legion and BfA awesome ?
    Indeed - because they were awesome.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

About the same. I am usually always very excited for expansions.
    I am probably more excited for a prepatch than I ever have been before though, for sure.
    Can't wait to see what ends up happening with the class and leveling redesigns.
    The end game I'll enjoy regardless, but that is the real wild card right now, that no other expansion besides Cata really had.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I was thoroughly amped for Legion, less so for BfA. Other than that, the only expansion that hyped me up was Wrath of the Lich King.

Shadowlands looks to be... eh? I guess. They need new lore, so they are branching out from what is heavily established, but each expansion has tried to make the game more of a second job, so I am not as excited as I once was.

Not very. I was WAY more hyped for BFA, like extremely so(what a mistake that was). Shadowlands reveal was meh, didn't show anything of note that made me go WOOOW I WANT THIS NOOOOOW HYPEEEEEE. I mean, I AM hyped and excited to play it, but not in the way I was for BFA.

I was even more hyped for Legion and that hype killed that expac for me, that entire expac was disappointment after disappointment for me personally. Destroying The Burning Legion shouldn't have happened yet, that should have been the very last thing WoW ever did. They massacred them so badly in Legion.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2019-12-28 at 03:09 AM.

I simply cannot imagine how sad life must be when one always assumes the worst and knows a year in advance that a product will "suck"...
    I am more interested in the story of Shadowlands, and I want to see more of class change decisions.

My hype doesn't start this early, nor am I a Negative Nancy, so I am lukewarm erring on the side of hopeful.

If the WoW survey that leaked is any indication then not many people are hyped compared to previous expansions. Personally, it's meh to me. Looks like more of the same from BFA.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    look up the words if you don't know what they mean
    Nono, you misunderstand....my confusion comes from the fact that I do know what the words mean.

But just for the sake of comedy, I'd love for you to expand on it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashanerz View Post
    Nono, you misunderstand....my confusion comes from the fact that I do know what the words mean.

But just for the sake of comedy, I'd love for you to expand on it.

Sylvanas is the overpowered mary sue that single handedly solos her way to icecrown and solos the lich king without taking major damage.

Deus Ex Machina is the appearance of shadowlands (and subsequently the jailer deity) upon destruction of the helm of domination. This has never been hinted at in the lore before and will lead to major retcons.

Pity and sad that you did not manage to grasp this yourself. Your confusion was entertaining though, maybe you can dance a bit more for me.
    Last edited by Donatello Trumpi; 2019-12-28 at 12:57 PM.

torghast, unless they fuck it up might be the greatest addition to wow ever. I just hope they don't go the route of 8.3 invasion. Lock it down to like 3 per week. thats fucking bullshit.

I'd have to say a negative amount. It's actively repulsive to me.

I was super excited about The Burning Crusade because it was something new, but unlike a lot of people around here, I don't have any rose-tinted glasses on in regards to it; it was pretty miserable save for Karazhan and my first run through Black Temple. I was the most hyped for Wrath of the Lich King, and it lived up to and exceeded expectations (save for being denied the Dance Studio). Had some hype for Cataclysm, but that was a clusterfuck compared to what was promised, and the expansions after that all kept rolling down hill. I never cared for Mists of Pandaria because I find most aspects of Asian culture repugnant, and Legion was a fucking borefest until the final patch. I don't even want to acknowledge Warlords of Draenor, which had so much potential but got pissed away (nevermind that Blizzard has zero fucking idea why players want housing; the fact that they think they gave it to us with garrisons is just embarrassing for them). And Battle for Azeroth was shit from its very inception.

Yet despite all those recent disappointments, none of them come close to how few fucks I give about Shadowlands. It looks absolutely abysmal save for the gothic zone, and that's only because I really enjoy gothic horror in my roleplaying (Ravenloft for the win). But even my personal bias there isn't enough to counter everything else I've seen about it so far, even the aforementioned zone looks boring as hell.

So yeah. A negative value, since it's actively repulsing me from WoW. And I mean that literally; I cancelled my subscription a few days after the convention ended with no plans to renew my subscription anytime soon. And you're talking to someone who's kept an active subscription through the last few expansions despite not enjoying them simply because I had rationalized to myself "I've paid/played through it this long, might as well see how it all ends." And Shadowlands obliterated even that rationale for me.

Sylvanas is the overpowered mary sue that single handedly solos her way to icecrown and solos the lich king without taking major damage.
    "Single" handedly with the granted power from the jailer, a being that grows in power when fed souls. A being being fed thousands of souls through the burning of teldrasil and the entire 4th war in bfa. The jailor beat bolvar, Sylvanas was just a pawn

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    Which has me, and everyone else with a brain, quite pissed.
    Huh, and I always thought that people with a brain wouldn't judge a book by its cover. Must have been mistaken, thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by ExiHext; 2019-12-28 at 01:10 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Very little. The damage to the game done by BFA was just too big, i really don't think they will ever be able to repair it.

They could at least paint over it with awesome gameplay changes - which so far SL has exactly none that we know of.
    This.

I'm gonna give WoW overall a good long rest. I'm starting my Master's next year so I'll be really busy, but I've quit retail already because, well, the story and the gameplay have gone places I don't enjoy. Not to mention Classic is out and the comparison between Classic and Retail makes me disappointed with retail even more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just like BfA i haven't seen anything about shadowlands that would make me want to play it.

Shadowlands just looks like more of the same.

They'll have World Quests that make you feel bad about not logging in.
    They'll have catch-up mechanics that will nullify any progress you've done if you take 3 weeks off.
    They'll have soft resets every patch that nullify any raid progress.

By trying to make everything matter, they've made it so that nothing matters.
    If you can't make a wrong decision, you also can't make the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Huh, and I always thought that people with a brain wouldn't judge a book by its cover. Must have been mistaken, thanks for the clarification.
    Glad I helped you to know the difference between a video game pitch and book, you are not a halfwit birdbrain, to have grasped the difference so quickly.

Deus Ex Machina is the appearance of shadowlands (and subsequently the jailer deity) upon destruction of the helm of domination. This has never been hinted at in the lore before and will lead to major retcons.

Pity and sad that you did not manage to grasp this yourself. Your confusion was entertaining though, maybe you can dance a bit more for me.
    Alright, and now for the fun part where I explain how you got it all wrong.

A mary sue is a an idealized character that is overpowered for the sake of being overpowered and has powers and skills without effort.

Sylvanas doesn't fit that bill at all, she was never classified as overpowered until recently and it's the driving point of the plot! Your definition of a mary sue seems to literally be "an overpowered female"

'Deus Ex Machina" isn't a plot twist either, it's something that resolves a conflict suddenly, unexpectedly, and in a contrived way....and you're suggesting that the shadowlands, which has over a decades worth of foreshadowing and direct referencing, is unexpected and resolves a conflict? This is even funnier than the Mary Sue suggestion since you're saying that the Shadowlands expansion starts by resolving the plot.

"Hey guys, but the shadowlands xpac, there's nothing really happening in it, enjoy!"

Pity and sad indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    Shadowlands just looks like more of the same.

They'll have World Quests that make you feel bad about not logging in.
    They'll have catch-up mechanics that will nullify any progress you've done if you take 3 weeks off.
    They'll have soft resets every patch that nullify any raid progress.

By trying to make everything matter, they've made it so that nothing matters.
    If you can't make a wrong decision, you also can't make the right one.
    Im not hyped for shadowlands as well but.. none of the arguments presented seems logical.

How is not doing WQ going to make you feel bad? Serious question cause I've havent done them for like 8 months. It's trash anyways. And when I do them its only because im short on resources.

How is catch up mechanism bad? They have been at least since MoP for sure - but I've heard it was even in earlier expansions. It basically ensures new people can actually play the game without paying for boosts.

And previous expansion all had that soft reset each raid tier.

It doesn't nullify anything, it's just in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Doesn't really have anything interesting to offer. I'm extremely skeptical so far. I'm actually less hyped for it than I was for BfA (even though I was 99% sure BfA would suck anus).
    Same here. I knew the Azerite system and faction war in BfA would suck anus, and sure enough they did, but I still enjoyed BfA despite those things. Shadowlands I have almost zero hype for. And I love the Death theme, but they literally have no features I'm looking forward to.

Not at all. So far all we know is some early game and it's basically just rep farm dressed in fancy wrapping. And everything else will stay the same: separate soulless systems built on systems with zero Warcraft feeling. Dailies, mythic spam, some resource grind, a table with followers, mandatory worldbosses, stupidly retard big power jumps by itemlevel every 4 month, then catch up gear farm... etc...the same shit since 4-5 expansions

Just fire Ion please