Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    "Everything was running smoothly, I was doing top notch dps, we were right on time for an easy 2-chest and then THEY FUCKING KICKED ME to invite their fresh 120 friend".
    And your point is... what exactly?

Learn to socialize and make friends rather than relying on pugs.

Or are you trying to say that you only run mythics because it has asshole protection? Again: Learn to socialize and make friends rather than relying on pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    And your point is... what exactly?

Learn to socialize and make friends rather than relying on pugs.

Or are you trying to say that you only run mythics because it has asshole protection? Again: Learn to socialize and make friends rather than relying on pugs.
    My point was that your suggestion would make it even worse. Not only does it nothing against leavers, but it encourages kicking people.

Personally I mostly run M+ with friends, getting a guest here or there when we are only 4.

My point was that your suggestion would make it even worse.
    No, it wouldn't. Especially since your asinine example doesn't even happen.

Personally I mostly run M+ with friends, getting a guest here or there when we are only 4.
    Then you have nothing to worry about.

Bailing on M+ should not be penalized because M+ wasn't meant to be pugged in the first place.

I *suppose* you could copy the Uber rating system. People get rated 1-5 stars and it shows how many times you quit a group. Only last 50 runs are counted in your ratings so if you had some bad luck it falls off by running a bunch more times.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Yes it should be.

And if you had to take your daughter / son / Sylvanas bodypillow to the hospital I'd say a deserter debuff is the least of your problems at hand.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    No, it wouldn't. Especially since your asinine example doesn't even happen.

Then you have nothing to worry about.
    It doesn't happen because it's not possible. Think you missed the point of his post.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Zythyx View Post
    Yes.

Blizzard should make a button on the UI to fail a run. Once used, if 4 out of 5 players (80%) consider it a failed run, the key is depleted and the dungeon is reset back to the beginning.

If anyone leaves without failing the run, they should get a M+ debuff which prevents the starting of an M+ within 1 hour (maybe 30 minutes?). If anyone is grouped with this debuff, the run cannot start until it expires, or the affected party member is removed from the group

If anyone leaves a group, the group is automatically presented with a failed run options. If the remaining players consider the run as failed, then the key is not depleted, but the run gets reset.
    I would be ok with this.

Only if you penalize people for being bad.

No, you should meet people, make friends and play with them. Playing with PUG all the time is the worst thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    So get this. Freehold +14, goes very well up to the first boss. The group is too spread out and the boss charges at a player outside the boss' area, and he despawns. While we wait for him to respawn, a dps just fucking bails without a word.

I got pretty pissed.

I can understand bailing when it seems like the group won't make it in time because people died too many times, but when it's some really random thing that doesn't mean anything, and people bail, that I can't accept.

There should be some kind of penalty, if not game penalty, at least a social penalty like a statistic added to the Armory and check-able by Raider.io, that shows number of leavings before the completion of a mythic dungeon, per season. So chronic deserters get spotted and avoided, plus no one would appreciate getting negative statistics on their account, and would try to actually not leave at the very first thing that doesn't go perfectly.
    I agree, there should be something on either armory or raider.io to show how many times someone has left a dungeon before a certain point. I don't think this should take into account any dungeons lower than a +10 though. I know ive been in a +2 and fucked off 5 mins in because the group was obviously useless.
    Side note: Your use of the word "chronic" is funny. The word you're looking for is "repeated".

Yes, it should be punished and very hard. A single leave should lock you out from further m+ for the week and void you of all weekly rewards (so no chest for you next week).

Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    I agree, there should be something on either armory or raider.io to show how many times someone has left a dungeon before a certain point
    raider.io has a discord, put it up in #suggestions

(you'd be about the 1200th person to do so, the answer will be even if it were possible they wouldn't do it)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    This may be annoying for players less interested in pushing their M+ rating, but if you are in a group looking to push keys and you all have +18, what is the advantage to saying in a +19 that isn't going to time? If its me and at least one player wants to finish for the chest or whatever I will, but in groups I've run if the key isn't going to time most people are pretty amenable to just calling it.
    At that level of key most would be of the same mindset. This late in a season people aren't really running for gear so it is just about the time. In 3 weeks the prize at the end will matter again so more would stick it out as long as it seemed possible.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

you could easily add in a "surrender" option to the key where any player that leaves before the group votes to surrender is given an hour penalty. That would account for keys where it's just not going to work out where the group can vote and players can leave as they please. But it would also give the players who leave a little bit more of a reason to stick it out.

raider.io has a discord, put it up in #suggestions

(you'd be about the 1200th person to do so, the answer will be even if it were possible they wouldn't do it)
    I agree, there should be something on either armory or raider.io to show how many times someone has left a dungeon before a certain point. I don't think this should take into account any dungeons lower than a +10 though. I know ive been in a +2 and fucked off 5 mins in because the group was obviously useless.
    Side note: Your use of the word "chronic" is funny. The word you're looking for is "repeated".

The game doesn't track it so Raider.io can't.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2019-12-28 at 11:45 PM.

From my own anecdotal experience, I have left maybe 1-2 +10 and above keys on BfA (and 1-2 keys above +15 on Legion) but left 10-15 +2/+7 keys (I only leave keys when the group is evidently unable to handle affixes or dps decently, and the higher the key, the more competent the player generally).

I think penalizing players for leaving a M+ would be an issue for the best M+ players, who leave a lot of keys when they realize they are not doable in time anymore. Would you penalize Drjay or Naowh because they left 50 keys this week while everyone in the group agreed to leave?
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-12-28 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yes, it should be punished and very hard. A single leave should lock you out from further m+ for the week and void you of all weekly rewards (so no chest for you next week).
    The real pisser is if the group finishes the person that left still gets a chest reward in The mail, if it is their highest key it is the one they weekly cache is based on.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I bail if the group is rude or really awful. I don't care if I wipe once or twice from random shit. Sometimes people fuck up, sometimes extra shit gets pulled, whatever. It happens. If you're doing this shit repeatedly and it's annoying me, I just leave. If you mouth off or are rude lol fuck your key, I'm out. I tank a lot of random keys on my warrior and 9/10 nobody says a fucking word which is fine with me. The only times I see people talk beyond hello and GG are to bitch at something and if that something is me, I bail. It's quite rare but a couple of weeks ago I had a warrior rage at me in Snake Temple to 'split the bosses' on the first boss because "my aoe keeps hitting the one with the lightning shield". I thought he was joking in a stupid way but he was dead serious and talking massive shit so I left. There's no way someone this retarded deserves to be run through that key.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

If people feel like you're wasting their time they should be free to leave, it's a mmo not a charity and by pugging you accept the risk of not finishing or having a leaver if you don't meet the expectations of the people you invite, if you don't want to take the risk you just run with reliable people...

Quote Originally Posted by Drigs View Post
    you could easily add in a "surrender" option to the key where any player that leaves before the group votes to surrender is given an hour penalty. That would account for keys where it's just not going to work out where the group can vote and players can leave as they please. But it would also give the players who leave a little bit more of a reason to stick it out.
    Well, then players would be held hostages. If I advertised my grp as pushing, but if at some point it would become obvious that we are not timing it.. I and lets say a friend or two of mine could hold someone hostage in our key.
    It's custom made groups. People should be careful on who they invite in