Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PanosV View Post
    Was this stated or is it speculation?
    If it was, then yeah it sucks...
    If I recall correctly they said there was going to be more customisation options for the base races which I'm guessing was to explicitly differentiate it from the allied races.
    Just checked Ion says "...so in recent expansions we've added allied races or updated the combat animations, this time around our focus is on improving the customisation that is available to the original World of Warcraft races." 43:12 onwards:

Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Male Mechagnomes look super creepy and weird. Like some kind of Mr. Potatohead. The face just doesn't fit at all. Cool racials and idea, but that design is...something.

Why isn't Death Knight listed as a class? Am I mistaken here? We get allied races DK's in 8.3 with pre-purchase, right?
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2019-12-29 at 12:16 AM.

I think the word 'skin' should be in quotation marks, since the only color that changes are of their prosthetics.

The only reason I can see people rolling a mechagnome is for those powerful racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    getting rid of customization options in an MMO is pretty much a sin in this genre.
    They are adding a new race, by no definition is any existing customization option being "gotten rid of".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenzaliv View Post
    Surprised no one mentioned how completely broken their racials are. Free 250 of your primary stat, a built in dummy taunt and an emergency heal. Mass race changes of alliance raiding guilds incoming.
    250 primary stat does not seem that much stronger then 1% crit/haste/whatever that other races get, especially since many players prefer secondaries.

If one were to compare it to gems, a primary stat gem gives you 120 primary, while a secondary stat gem gives you 50 crit rating.
    1% crit, for example, would be 72 rating at level 120.

So the racial gives you slighty more then 2 primary gems, and other racials about 1.5 secondary gems.

Depending on which values a class favors - and this being secondaries for almost all DPS specs at least, its probably not a huge deal. If anything its maybe only mildly too strong.

For the dummy taunt, those things have a tendency to not be very useful in raids, but maybe in M+. And for the heal, I suppose it has some value, but its not that its entirely OP. Draenei have a 20% heal, sure it doesn't proc, but it heals 5% more.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2019-12-29 at 12:14 AM.

ally players some months ago "zandalar troll healing its op, blizz nerf it!"
    ally players now 250 to primary stats, self healing in passive etc etc its not op blizz should buff it instead of nerfing !

Quote Originally Posted by Nehem View Post
    ally players now 250 to primary stats, self healing in passive etc etc its not op blizz should buff it instead of nerfing !
    The Alliance is currently the less represented faction due to racials and the narrative favoring Horde and making it the overall stronger and more satisfying option, so giving Alliance allied races op racials is actually rather justified up until there is a balance between the factions. Blizzard should nerf Horde racials and make Alliance racials more favorable.

Hard pass, haven't done a mythic 5 man so not getting these, no big loss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations on getting the most disgusting allied race, Alliance

Glad I have no interest in this race, since I just cannot stomach anymore Mechagon at this point in time...

Why are the horde races more convenient to unlock? They only require launch reps which everyone has since people still had new expansion hype in the first month of BFA and none of them require any dungeon runs let alone mythic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehem View Post
    I mean yeah, the Zandalari heal is obviously far superior to this where it matters (PvP). It's still OP. These racials are strong, but not OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Still wondering what blizzard was thinking with this. Weird, creepy looking Gnomes with far lesser customization options. Not only is their weird egg torso shape a bit disturbing to look at, but getting rid of customization options in an MMO is pretty much a sin in this genre.
    Less? They have vastly more customization than existing gnomes. 16 options for mechanical head parts, 4 for arms and 2 for legs, 3 different colors of metal (silver/gold/rusted) for each in addition to the faces, hairstyles, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I think the word 'skin' should be in quotation marks, since the only color that changes are of their prosthetics.
    It also changes skin color. They have 5 skin colors just like regular gnomes and 3 apandage colors. Blizzard bundled those two together becasue there are only 8 customization slots and they needed 5 slots for standard skin, face, hair style, hair color, facial hair + 3 for headgear, arm customization and leg customization. and you can choose any combination of those 2 colors so it results in 15 "skin" colors. Still it does change the actual skin color, gnome skins just don't vary too much.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaterasuNyan View Post
    Why are the horde races more convenient to unlock? They only require launch reps which everyone has since people still had new expansion hype in the first month of BFA and none of them require any dungeon runs let alone mythic ones.
    8.2 was out for quite a while and Mechagon rep doesn't take that long to get. So anyone that has been playing should have it. As for the dungeon if you refuse to do mythics then in 8.3 it will become 2 heroic dungeons that you can queue up via dungeon finder.

They had to lock the final achievement behind a mythic dungeon with no LFR option. Brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess we can't use these gnomes for the Running of the Gnomes.
    What's the point of having gnomes if they don't have wild hair colors?
    Last edited by Xosimos; 2019-12-29 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Stuff and Junk

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    So the racial gives you slighty more then 2 primary gems, and other racials about 1.5 secondary gems.
    Not to mention, the Stat racial takes almost a minute to get “full”, which doesn’t favor situations where you constantly drop combat (questing/leveling, M+ and potentially PvP) and isn’t at full-strength during a common burst-DPS period in raiding (Lust/Hero at the beginning of a fight, which is fight dependent).
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

3+ Year Old Account
    I may be in the minority but I find these to be lame AF. I wish Blizz would go out on a limb with allied races and give us some really interesting ones rather than Tauren with different horns, Light-infused Space Goats, Brown Orcs, and Gnomes with mechanical body parts. Give us something really different and interesting like Murlocs and Naga and Orges. I know that there’s difficulties with implementing such models but I believe that they could make them happen.

Our current allied races feel far more like laziness rather than inspiration.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Xosimos View Post
    Guess we can't use these gnomes for the Running of the Gnomes.
    What's the point of having gnomes if they don't have wild hair colors?
    Don't they start at level 10?