Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Heaven View Post
    Getting essences on every alt to max rank? What could be more like a job than that?
    Yeah at this point it's not your alts, these are your mains, you complain that it's too time consuming to have multiple mains, which is supposed to be too time consuming. If you enjoy that sort of thing - good for you, play the game and be happy, if you don't - don't do that and do something else with your time. For fucks sake, i know players who do pet battles and are happy to see themselves at some sort of a leaderbord at rank #10. I know other players who just enjoy leveling a fuckton of toons and do various achievements. I know a player who enjoys making gold off AH. Are you going to imply that everyone should do everything in this game and if they don't they can't enjoy the game?

You yourself make the game into a job, then complain that it's a job. Getting essences on all your characters to rank 4 is not a requirement, it's a goal you setup for yourself to have fun. If you don't have fun while doing that - don't do that, you don't need maxed out essences on all your characters, unless you want them.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah of course. I made it a job. Blizzard designed the game to include tasks, that are not fun, and need to be completed to obtain essential things, but I am the one that made it into a "job".
    You do a task and get a reward, it was always like that. If you don't find tasks fun - quit the game, or don't do them and do something else. If you want a reward without doing a task - i have nothing to say to you but it's not how videogames work
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yeah at this point it's not your alts, these are your mains
    You can only have one main. That is what main means.

you complain that it's too time consuming to have multiple mains
    No I am not. That is you making crap up.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if I am the one making it a job, then how come BFA wasn't made for me? Because BFA allows me to make it a job, so it's really perfect for people like me.
    Videogames aren't supposed to be treated as jobs, that's why it wasn't made for you. Being entitled to ALL THE THINGS while doing nothing is not a healthy approach to a game.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

don't do that and do something else with your time
    I am. In fact my sub runs out December 31st and I don't plan to return.

- - - Updated - - -

Videogames aren't supposed to be treated as jobs, that's why it wasn't made for you. Being entitled to ALL THE THINGS while doing nothing is not a healthy approach to a game.
    MMOs are absolutely designed to be treated like jobs, think before you write.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gee, if I don't need them, then what is the point of them? Blizzard wants people to need them, otherwise they won't go and get them. Use your brain, at least as much as you can with your double digit IQ.
    I advice you to go and look up what "want" and "need" is, because apparently you don't know these words. Rank 4 essences are god damn cosmetic items for showing off, blizzard put them so players will want them, then they'll look at how much time it will take to obtain them, then chase this reward or shrug it off

- - - Updated - - -

MMOs are absolutely designed to be treated like jobs, think before you write.
    I guess that's why you, who make a MMO into a job can't have fun in it, while everyone else who don't make it into a job do have fun with it. Weird shit

On the one hand you are saying video games aren't designed to be treated like jobs, and then you try to chastise me for wanting something in the game without wanting to work for it. Think about this. You lack self-awareness.

Rank 4 essences are god damn cosmetic items for showing off
    loooooooooool

I guess that's why you, who make a MMO into a job can't have fun in it, while everyone else who don't make it into a job do have fun with it. Weird shit
    Ok I'll stop talking to you now, you're a retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the one hand you are saying video games aren't designed to be treated like jobs, and then you try to chastise me for wanting something in the game without wanting to work for it. Think about this. You lack self-awareness.
    Apparently you don't know what "job" and "work" is then, great talk

Yeah why would I need rank 4 essences. Great question.

Gee, if I don't need them, then what is the point of them? Blizzard wants people to need them, otherwise they won't go and get them. Use your brain, at least as much as you can with your double digit IQ.
    They're purely cosmetic, you are the only one that needs them. That comes from you. There is absolutely no other need for them.

Yeah if you don't do anything challenging, you don't need them. Great point. If you're one of these people that just goes around killing rare spawns for world quests, you don't need them. Great. I'm just gonna go that. I'll just do trivial content like old raids and solo stuff.
    So tell me Mr. Hardcore - how many characters do you seriously push keys on? How many characters did you push mythic progress on?
    I think you're purely talking out of your arse here. You don't actually know how the challenging/progression content works.

You don't need rank 4 essences on all your characters. You don't need them on any characters.
    If you do challenging content, you "need" rank 3 essences on that one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolo Bobbins View Post
    They're purely cosmetic, you are the only one that needs them. That comes from you. There is absolutely no other need for them.

So tell me Mr. Hardcore - how many characters do you seriously push keys on? How many characters did you push mythic progress on?
    I think you're purely talking out of your arse here. You don't actually know how the challenging/progression content works.

You don't need rank 4 essences on all your characters. You don't need them on any characters.
    If you do challenging content, you "need" rank 3 essences on that one character.
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

Ok I'll stop talking to you now, you're a retard.
    When you have to resort to childish insults you have lost the argument.

I don't treat WoW like a job and I enjoy it, When I'm not enjoying it I unsub and come back later. Its not a hard concept to understand, if you make it a job that's on you and only you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Ok, well, it was good talking to you. I hope you have fun grinding rank 4's for all your characters

Imagine creating a completely unnecessary, full blown job out of a videogame in your head and feeling bad about it? Man, that would suck.
    Last edited by Frolo Bobbins; 2019-12-29 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    When you have to resort to childish insults you have lost the argument.
    There is no logic in that.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, well, it was good talking to you. I hope you have fun grinding rank 4's for all your characters
    I'm not doing that. Never said I'm doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine creating a completely unnecessary, full blown job out of a videogame in your head and feeling bad about it? Man, that would suck.
    I didn't create the videogame. I didn't make the rules, I just have to play by them.

I didn't create the videogame. I didn't make the rules, I just have to play by them.
    You seem to be arguing that that certain things are necessary and "a must" for every character, even though everyone else is telling how wrong you are.
    There are certainly some grindy things in the game, and essences are one of them, but the extent you think they are "required" is just silly.

In this case, you are making your own rules. No one else is doing the things you're talking about. It's all in your head.
    Last edited by Frolo Bobbins; 2019-12-29 at 10:28 AM.

You seem to be arguing that that certain things are necessary and "a must" for every character, even though everyone else is telling how wrong you are.
    There are certainly some grindy things in the game, and essences are one of them, but the extent you think they are "required" is just silly.

In this case, you are making your own rules. No one else is doing the things you're talking about. It's all in your head.
    If you don't think essences are required, you are a delusional fool. Keep closing your eyes to reality and keep sucking that corporate cock.

Blizzard's target audience is "that which has no life".

Yep, Blizzard catered their game towards the most unhealthy audience possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if I am the one making it a job, then how come BFA wasn't made for me? Because BFA allows me to make it a job, so it's really perfect for people like me.

See how nothing you say makes any sense you dumb Blizzard shil.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah why would I need rank 4 essences. Great question.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't need any gear either, I can just play naked.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah if you don't do anything challenging, you don't need them. Great point. If you're one of these people that just goes around killing rare spawns for world quests, you don't need them. Great. I'm just gonna go that. I'll just do trivial content like old raids and solo stuff.
    Are you comparing actual power increasing things with purely visual cosmetics?

Love the irony of you telling people to use their brain. Quality.
    Hi

If you don't think essences are required, you are a delusional fool. Keep closing your eyes to reality and keep sucking that corporate cock.
    Rank 4 essences are not required at all. Rank 3 essences are required for doing competitive content.
    If you are doing competitive content - you are not doing competitive content on all your characters, you're doing it on your main (and maybe an alt, if you're pushing M+).
    Prove me wrong.

Also, lay off the insults please. They're not required. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Blizzard's target audience is "that which has no life".

Yep, Blizzard catered their game towards the most unhealthy audience possible.
    And how you explain the biggest complain about BfA's TIMEGATING?

Pathfinders biggest complain is timegating.
    Essence collectors biggest complain is timegating.
    Reputations farmers biggest complain is timegating.

Timegating prevents rushing through the content and keeps the gap very close between casual and hardcore players.

And since people complain about it in every area of the game, its pretty clear that blizzard made BfA as casual friendly as it gets.

Just complain about Titanforging, another casual friendly gearprogression feature that people cry about, since that system is allready killed of by a much more hardcore friendly version for 8.3.

TF-blesses casual players with the superior benthic gear catch-up should prepare themselves for a very bad final tier of the expansion and if they quit in 8.3 - and thats a given, I hope they all remember to thank all those influencers whining about the casual friendly TF/WF gearing patch, because they did their part to keep casuals out of the long-game.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-12-29 at 11:08 AM.
    -

If you feel obligated to play a game then your relationship with that said game is probably unhealthy. Perhaps you should consider leaving WOW and playing games that do not feel like work?
    Last edited by ErrandRunner; 2019-12-29 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    IEs have a slot machine feel as they are not difficult in the slightest.
    I've tried doing IE's a few times this expansion, everytime they ended in everyone leaving, and i never even understood the purpose or goal of them..