The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    I would like to see stormtroopers being deadly onscreen sometimes though.
    Have you not seen the Black Stormtroopers? They are deadly on screen. Not your usual white meat.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Have you not seen the Black Stormtroopers? They are deadly on screen. Not your usual white meat.
    Death Troopers? There were in the last episode. Some died pretty easily. But yes they are generally badasses.

For the non-obsessed, the Death Troopers sound like robots/garggled because their vocals are scrambled to mask their comms.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

To be fair, we've mostly seen things from the perspective of elite fighters in SW media - Mandalorian warriors, Jedi, etc. It's not surprising that they would do better when contrasted with rank-and-file enlisted soldiers, of which there are literally millions (or used to be in any case). And the clone troopers did seem quite capable fighters, they killed most of the Jedi after all (in a sneak attack, but still). In the eyes of most "normal" people, stormtroopers probably do seem deadly and efficient.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hofully we’ll see some one from force 99 if they survive the fall of the empire as far as I know al of them are still alive pre empire and there all bad Asses with the leader even trained by Vader with a saber. Would be a great way to show some really good troopers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I mean didn't she end up in some leadership role with the Mandalorians by the end of Rebels? And the Armorer clearly has some kind of highly respected leadership role; she breaks up the fight between the title Mando and the big guy in Ep. 3 just by talking.
    Sabine Wren abdicated responsibility for Mandalorians after handing off the Darksaber to Bo-Katan Kryze, Bo-Katan started the uprising to retake Mandalore, and as of the end of this episode, it seems she failed, or it was a short lived victory.

Sabine stayed on Lothal after Rebels, it was shown in the epilogue of rebels that she eventually joined Ashoka in searching for Ezra Bridger in the unknown regions, never to be seen again(yet).

As far as we currently know, Sabine has no involvement with anything post episode 6.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    As I said, going to a library would be more boring than going to Mandalorian ruins. Not sure the ruins will fit into the cowboy themes, but when the cowboy needs to figure out why the indians are raiding a town, he doesn't hop on a train to NY to find the biggest library and research old books about relevant tribal regions in the area, so cool ruins seem more likely than a library across the galaxy.

For some reason you think cowboy movies are only on the prairie...show is also heavily based on Samurai media, like Lone Wolf & Cub...not every scene can be in the wilderness just cuz u want to, sometimes Western characters go into town for supplies, information, new jobs, gambling, hookers, turning in bounty, turn in gold ore, etc. whatever n then move on back to 'wilderness' after..

and finding baby Yoda's home is like finding a country that almost nobody has heard of, and you don't even know what continent to start looking..that requires specific information he won't find laying around just about anywhere....and I doubt the Mandalorian Jedi, Tarre Vizsla, knew since Yoda wasn't even born when he was around 1000 years ago. But it could be it leads him from Mandalore to Coruscant, to...unknown regions, that is truly wilderness..

Also, he's a Mandalorean, and I don't think he's going to the capital city of the Republic or Empire any time soon, but we'll see I guess.
    The new republic has no beef with Mandalorians..

We don't really need to plot out the entire next season to find a reason why he might possibly at some point head to Coruscant to end up in the ruins of the Jedi Temple in hopes of finding a library droid to explain baby yoda...
    I didn't say an entire season, I was thinking more like

s02e01 Mandalore,
    s02e02 Coruscant,
    s02e03 ?

A city can give different feelings, to not loose the gritty feel of the show I'd use rain etc. give a Blade Runner feel to Coruscant, so even though you got a high populated place, it feels lonely

One could incorporate an episode to be like the movie Yojimbo/Fistful of dollars, Din Djarin said the new Republic is a 'joke' so Corscant could be a lot more lawless than we are used to. Imperial officer ze-German said there was no peace in the galaxy..this episode doesn't has to be in Coruscant but I'd like it if it did.

I do wonder though, the former Empire folks really wanted baby yoda, so I assume the Empire doesn't know where Yodaworld is, though maybe they just can't get there.
    Must be either in the unknown regions or one of the few spots on the galaxy map that hasn't been discovered cuz of some celestial anomaly making travel there difficult.

To say something positive, I really liked that it was obvious Filoni/Favreau wanted to show Pedro Pascal's face at some point, just to give him his recognition, but they stuck to their guns and 1) mdade it so he didn't break his code, 2) made it necessary for the plot (to get healed), and 3) used it to express an extreme vulnerability for the Mando which we obviously never see with the helmet on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    They have holographic instantaneous communication across the GALAXY. Of course, they have an INTRAGALACTIC information network. It's called Holonet - and it's canon.

They knew who they were, even their protocol droids could identify Jedi - as shown in Phantom Menace - they were scared shitless.
    Holonet isn't an internet, it's like the Channel 1 news that was piped into homeroom that played while everyone sat and ignored it.

We know there isn't some kind of internet like device, at least how we know it. We can look at most recently, not being able to locate Luke because a whole chunk of space was missing from records to hide him.
    We see something similar where Obiwan asks about the Jedi archives and the existence of a couple of planets (the clone planet) missing. Yoda didn't say "google it, you must". There is no world/galaxy wide data storage.

Also the interplanetary comm, which also uses holonet is heavily regulated. I have a feeling that it's essentially unusable except for people of means or necessity.

This show is my favorite Star Wars anything.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I really liked the last couple of episodes, but it also made the season as a whole kind of strange. You had 5 directly connected episodes, and then 3 random 1 offs in the middle that weren't very good. I guess you could count meeting Cara as important in one of those 3, but she could have been added anywhere in the other 5. Episodes 5 and 6 could be removed completely and nobody would even notice.

They need to decide what level of competence Mando has, sometimes he's super awesome (learning to use the jetpack instantly) and other times he's lazy and should have died multiple times and it seems more like it's just up to the plot rather than his character.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Holonet isn't an internet, it's like the Channel 1 news
    No. it's not internet, it's miles ahead of internet. No. It's not like the Channel 1 news.

It is impossible to manage a galactic wide republic/empire without an intragalactic information network. Obviously not everything is public domain.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Seeing the Mandalorians and their creed seriously took me back to my KOTOR days. For fucks sake, make the games canon already. I will watch whatever they throw at me if they do that.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Seeing the Mandalorians and their creed seriously took me back to my KOTOR days. For fucks sake, make the games canon already. I will watch whatever they throw at me if they do that.
    To make KotOR 1 Canon, they would need a canon Revan. (Yes, I know the name Revan has been canonized, but I am talking about the character details).
    To make KotOR 2 Canon, they would need a canon ending to KotOR 1 and a canon Exile.

Legends had Revan be LS Male and the Exile be LS Female (which always bothered me that Revan was LS and male and the Exile was female. I always tended to play KotOR 2 as a LS Male Exile with Revan being DS Female.)
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Bryce Dallas Howard revealed that when she directed ep 4 she didn't get to meet Pedro Pascal at all, because his stuntman played all the scenes in that episode. I wonder how much acting did PP at all in the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    To make KotOR 1 Canon, they would need a canon Revan. (Yes, I know the name Revan has been canonized, but I am talking about the character details).
    To make KotOR 2 Canon, they would need a canon ending to KotOR 1 and a canon Exile.

Legends had Revan be LS Male and the Exile be LS Female (which always bothered me that Revan was LS and male and the Exile was female. I always tended to play KotOR 2 as a LS Male Exile with Revan being DS Female.)
    One can only HOPE they decide to make Revan canon. Ideally with a whole show, or even movies. He's one of the most popular EU characters, along with Thrawn (who, to be honest, also deserves a show). Can you imagine a whole Revan trilogy? I'm looking at you, Keanu Reeves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    One can only HOPE they decide to make Revan canon. Ideally with a whole show, or even movies. He's one of the most popular EU characters, along with Thrawn (who, to be honest, also deserves a show). Can you imagine a whole Revan trilogy? I'm looking at you, Keanu Reeves.
    Well, the name is canon. That was confirmed. So that is the first step.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

They would probably also need to address some of the elements of SW:TOR, but I don't think that'll happen. I'd be happy if they ignored KOTOR2 and TOR and just made KOTOR1 canon, but all of it has some good stuff.

Revan as male allows descendants via Bastilla, so that's the best bet.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

You also stated it was "canonized into the live action" which makes zero sense as Clone Wars and Rebels were already canon. Live action isn't a separate canon. How do you canonized something already canon? So asking someone to understand how words work is funny when you have shown a clear lack of that in this very topic.
    <just rubs his temples>

Quote Originally Posted by A Blue Smurf View Post
    Ok, first things first ou need to calm down.

Secondly you should really go do some reading and investigations about China's propaganda machine - I'd start with the recent unrest in Hong Kong the underlying issues associated with it and those involved with the protests themselves. Specifically the staunchly nationalist Chinese youth groups that are pro-China's position in Hong Kong.

You'll find that by controlling the media, dissemination of information, the education system and historical records that China has completely eradicated local information sources about Tiananmen Square to the point where these youth groups don't even know what it is. That happened a mere 30 years ago now and there's an entire generation who have no knowledge of it.

This isn't strange or unusual, it's reality.
    And yet -- wait for it... wait for it... -- people around the world (aka galaxy) still know about it. Amazing!

Nevermind that everyone and their uncle knew who the Sith were in the last movie. Totally random people at that. But, you know, magic Force wizards are still somehow completely unknown.
    Last edited by Doctor Funkenstein; 2019-12-29 at 10:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    <just rubs his temples>

And yet -- wait for it... wait for it... -- people around the world (aka galaxy) still know about it. Amazing!
    You know, you complain about people who are displaying traits that only you have displayed right? Seriously, you just decide to speak and not listen to whatever anyone says to you. You are right and everyone else is wrong ... again, you used a word that is incorrect. You can't canonize something that's canon. That's like saying you killed an already dead man.

How many people can we say didn't know about the Jedi? 3 ... that's it. All of whom were likely children during the Clone wars. They may have heard the term a few times if that. Han stated not that he didn't know of the Force, he stated he didn't believe in it. Admiral Motti directly calls out Vader for his "sorcerer's ways." Jabba knew of the Jedi.

Cara may have heard of Jedi growing up on Alderaan but that's all we know of her backstory besides being a shock trooper in the Alliance ... any assumptions is just that. She could have been poor, etc ... And keep in mind, when she was growing up Alderaan was doing everything it could to on the surface be in full support of the Empire in order to avoid suspicion. The Mandalorian should have heard of them ... but given that the Mandalorians had everything to believe the Jedi were extinct as well and they are focused on tradition of a warrior's life, how does knowing about a dead enemy serve you in the present? And why would we expect someone who is a Bounty Hunter Guild broker or whatever to know of or even care about the Jedi?

So you argument it makes no sense and pointing to what you think is a real world example that proves your point is beyond pathetic. You are wrong on a level few people can even consider possible.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2019-12-29 at 10:55 PM.
    –The Sith Code

You know, you complain about people who are displaying traits that only you have displayed right? Seriously, you just decide to speak and not listen to whatever anyone tells you.
    I really couldn't give a single solitary fuck what a pedantic person has to say.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-12-30 at 12:17 AM.