Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They're the prettiest. It's like asking why people play cat girls in FF14.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It triggers me more than it should that you're putting Link here in a thread about elves when he's not a elf. He's just a human that happens to have pointy ears, that's all Hylians are.

I mean, I'm not one for edgelord and dark brooding, but I prefer Void elves over Nightborne and Night elves. Nightborne just look awful as player characters for whatever reason. They constantly look like someone's holding a turd under their nose.

To answer the OP, for Horde at the time it was either "Go Tauren or Blood elf" as a paladin, and Taurens look awful in transmogs for the most part.
    For Void elves? I needed a new warlock, and had the boost from preordering BfA and just unlocked the allied races, so figured Void elf was a good choice.
    Excuse me, sir, but Link is a Kokiri, an immortal child of the forest. Thus not a human.

As for my viewpoint on this matter, the Blood Elves have somewhat lost their shine. They used to fit the fantasy of the Nightborne, that of the pragmatic, logical elves with a slight superiority complex. While they haven't necessarily lost that as of the lore, the shift to them being what I see as the "Sun Elves" now has caused me to lose slight interest, even though they've always been said "Sun Elves." I liked the ironically dark nature of the Blood Elves.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2019-12-30 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Canned heat is the number one reason I play a blood elf.

Number two is the stealth animation for blood elves. It looks the best, in my opinion.

Casting animation. That's all. I prefer Tauren Aesthetics, the native setting and all that. But female Tauren casting animation is so... Horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people probably play them because they're the horde pretty race and think nothing more.

While others like them because they're humans but more special. I've noticed on the official wow forums people that play the longer lived races such as nelves, draenei, and belves whine a lot and believe that their character race should be better at almost everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Excuse me, sir, but Link is a Kokiri, an immortal child of the forest. Thus not a human.

As for my viewpoint on this matter, the Blood Elves have somewhat lost their shine. They used to fit the fantasy of the Nightborne, that of the pragmatic, logical elves with a slight superiority complex. While they haven't necessarily lost that as of the lore, the shift to them being what I see as the "Sun Elves" now has caused me to lose slight interest, even though they've always been said "Sun Elves." I liked the ironically dark nature of the Blood Elves.
    STOP THIS.
    Link was left with the Kokiri.
    That's literally what Ocarina of times big reveal was from the Deku tree. That Link was a Hylean and that's why he could have the woods without any risk.

Please, no moreeeee. He's a human.

Not even Nightborne are that arrogant really though anymore. The ones that were are dead, and the ones that turned to the Horde/Alliance for help are more humble.

Thats the funny thing I couldnt tell you why I play them. But mostly a combination of:

Lore
    Great animations
    Look good in armor
    Horde
    An'u belore delen'na

The Blood Elf in the BC cinematic is why I play Blood Elves. Not to be some self-righteous whiney elf dude, but because I love the fantasy of a beautiful, innocent-looking race of mana-addicted sadists.

There are Blood Elves still in this game? I know that the Horde has red High Elves who don't fit the faction they are in at all and have nothing to do with Blood Elves except for their colour pattern. But its certainly new to me that there are still Blood Elves in this game after the events of BC and MoP, which was arguably the last time where these supposedly Blood Elves acted somewhat like Blood Elves. Since then, they're even worse and more boring versions of High Elves than the High Elves from Warcraft 1 - 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because back in '07, they had cookies... I mean paladins.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Well, elves (in general fantasy) are basically human, but better in every way. It's your typical power trip self insert race, people like it without even understanding why, almost subconsciously. Combine that with a racial that had a huge impact in pvp, and became the top pick since the introduction of m+, and you have your answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    they had op racials.

they had the best fitting gear on hordeside.

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    I seriously don't know how the NElf and Belf females swapped butts too.

The NElf female had the bigger rounder ass in the old models, then the BElf female suddenly gained one, and the more active NElf female just lost one against the logic of the race.

I guess it's always been nerd boy fantasy.. I still don't get why the NElf fmelae had to lose hers though, they also reduced the Nelf female's breast size

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    I won't deny the beauty of elves has its appeal. I'd always been enchanted by elves and their otherworldly grace and typical affinity with nature etc since reading Tolkien as a sprog.

And I'd enjoyed the Warcraft high elf aesthetic since playing WC3. I was charmed by the ludicrous eyebrows!

But, the thing that appeals most to me about the blood elves was their original aesthetic of a beautiful exterior that hid a much more unrefined and savage survival instinct beneath the surface. They went from that Tolkien semi-divine loftiness in knowledge, power, craft and longevity and were dragged down to the precipice of annihilation by Arthas' ruthless assault. And yet, against all odds, the blood elves (with a bit of help from the former Ranger-General and her Forsaken) pulled themselves back from the brink and reclaimed their lands, their sacred font of power and their dignity.

I love a good underdog story and, in my opinion, the plight of the Sin'dorei is one of the best in Azeroth's lore.
    All of this. I also like the special twist for the "High Elf" trope in WoW, which greatly differentiates Blood Elves from the other, more generic Elf concepts - while keeping some characteristics which are iconic. Good aesthetics in addition - though I also have many Troll characters, which are not "pretty", but still have their own, special looks. :3

They're hot. End.

Magically all the fat/ugly races are the least played. It's no coincidence.

I don't find them captivating. I have some barely-played Belf alts. Maybe I'll play one when Blizzard finally, after all these years, gets around to releasing the male blood elf model.

Elves are cool. And they're the closest to the traditional Tolkien elves that people can get that are playable.

Its really not that complicated.

Some people really just like that effete twink aesthetic. We all drift towards races and classes that represent us best.

1) I don't like playing any of the races that the Alliance has to offer.
    2) I don't like playing races that are generally considered physically unattractive.
    3) I like playing race that have solid racial bonuses.
    4) I like playing races that a proficiency for magic (I mostly play spell-casters).
    5) I like playing races in which it was obvious that the art team at least TRIED to make the armor sets look decent on.
    6) While I never cared much for Paladins in general, I'm always down for a decent redemption arc, and the Blood Knights is a fairly moderately okay redemption arc in the grand scheme of what Warcraft has to offer, and I like to think it is at least a SLIGHT reflection on the culture as a whole.

This is coming from someone who hasn't played a Blood Elf in YEARS, but they are without a doubt the most interesting race in this game. Orcs are a close second.