Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    At first, Anasterian reluctantly sent a token display of support in the form of a party led by Alleria Windrunner. The king himself was hesitant to fully involve Quel'Thalas in the war, and had hoped to remain impartial should the orcs not threaten his own kingdom.

Also if the Wildhammer didn't send help immediately then shame on them also. Also read what the Fel can do. It is no different than the void. The Fel doesn't bombaed you with voices. It removes your free will immediately instead of over time like the Void.Why are we debating two things that are doing the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    At first, Anasterian reluctantly sent a token display of support in the form of a party led by Alleria Windrunner. The king himself was hesitant to fully involve Quel'Thalas in the war, and had hoped to remain impartial should the orcs not threaten his own kingdom.

Also if the Wildhammer didn't send help immediately then shame on them also. Also read what the Fel can do. It is no different than the void. Why are we debating two things that are doing the same thing?
    Here you can see the difference between someone, blindly quoting the wiki and someone who has actually read the novel and other sources regarding the matter, Alleria was not ordered south, she stuck alongside the token force, without orders.

Also if the Wildhammer didn't send help immediately then shame on them also. Also read what the Fel can do. It is no different than the void. Why are we debating two things that are doing the same thing?
    Well the elves did send help, just because some think it is not enough is entirely meaningless. Again the void does all the things fel does and MORE.

It has a conscience it drives you mad and tells you what you should be doing, with all the other shit, it tries to spread and corrupt and consume, fel just exists as a corrupting power source.

Well the elves did send help, just because some think it is not enough is entirely meaningless.
    I have the books also in PDF form. Wiki though is easier as it contains information from the books in a short summary. While Alleria didn't had orders to help the humans she went against these orders and decided to help them as she felt the Orcs would soon threaten Quel Thalas. What bothers me is why Anasterian sent this token force if he didn't order them to go south and help the humans. Did they not intended to help? Did they help by accident? Can you decide which one is it cause we have a contradiction here in the same post.

Again the Void corrupts you over time. The Fel corrupts and mutates also over time but once digested changes you immediately both physically and mentally. Can you same the same for the Void? Is there Void in digestible form?We are arguing here over schematics. Like one is 99% Evil and the other is 99,1% Evil.

I have the books also in PDF form. Wiki though is easier as it contains information from the books in a short summary. While Alleria didn't had orders to help the humans she went against these orders and decided to help them as she felt the Orcs would soon threaten Quel Thalas. What bothers me is why Anasterian sent this token force if he didn't order them to go south and help the humans. Did they not intended to help? Did they help by accident? Can you decide which one is it cause we have a contradiction here in the same post.
    There is no contradiction there. Those troops were send Alleria and her cadre just tagged along.

Again the Void corrupts you over time. The Fel corrupts and mutates also over time but once digested changes you immediately both physically and mentally. Can you same the same for the Void? Is there Void in digestible form?We are arguing here over schematics. Like one is 99% Evil and the other is 99,1% Evil.
    It is not schemantics, not by a long shot. Lets say the elven/dwarven rings in Tolkiens saga are fel, the one ring would be void in comparison, due to its own will.

Are we really arguing with Piekus now? If the void elves were horde-side, he would be screaming bloody murder right now.

What are you talking about. The token force that was sent there was lead by Alleria. It clearly says that.

I do not wish also to discuss schematics for two cosmic powers that do the same thing. This is becoming tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Alleria progress?

She went from a Silvermoon hardline loyalist who hated the orcs for what they did to Quel'thalas to a traitor to her people with like 0 story development.

Oh and also she's like the bestest ever at shadow magic now because of reasons.

Can you count moving from Point A to Point Z as character progress even if you skip Points B through Y?
    Completely forgetting that she tried to get her people to ditch the orcs for the Alliance and even though she failed she swears she'll make it happen someday?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

What are you talking about. The token force that was sent there was lead by Alleria. It clearly says that.
    She was not part of the original token force, she later took command, but was not the one originally in charge, because she was not supposed to be there, how is that hard to understand? At this point I assume you are trolling.

I do not wish also to discuss schematics for two cosmic powers that do the same thing. This is becoming tiring.
    Because they do not do the same thing, the void does one thing more than fel. It is a matter of fact, whether you accept that or not is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Completely forgetting that she tried to get her people to ditch the orcs for the Alliance and even though she failed she swears she'll make it happen someday?
    I am sure once they become void corrupted, she can use her void powers to turn them into obedient waifus for Stormwind soldiers, just like you want. But that comes later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I am sure once they become void corrupted, she can use her void powers to turn them into obedient waifus for Stormwind soldiers, just like you want. But that comes later.
    Official name is "Morale Corps".

I checked the book again and the first appearance of elves is in page 38. That was the token force that were led by Alleria which came to Southshore on her own accord. There is no mention of another token force before Alleria. This battle group was the one that was sent led by Alleria meaning they came to the same ships.

―Allow me to present the kings of the
    Alliance, as well as my lieutenants.‖ After introductions had been made, he turned to more serious matters.
    ―Forgive my bluntness, Lady Alleria,‖ he said, drawing a smile from her at the title, ―but I must ask—is this all the
    aid your people can muster?‖
    That brought a frown from her. ―I will tell you straight, Lord Lothar,‖ she replied, glancing around to make sure no
    others were listening. Several other elves, both men and women, had left the ship now and were clustered at the far
    end of the pier, clearly awaiting Alleria‘s permission to move closer. ―Anasterian and the others were little
    concerned at the reports you sent. This Horde is far distant from us and seems intent upon conquering human lands,
    not our own forests. The council members feel it is better to leave this conflict to the younger races, and merely
    strengthen our own borders to prevent any additional incursions.‖ Her eyes narrowed, showing what she thought of
    such a decision.
    ―Yet you are here,‖ Khadgar pointed out. ―Surely that means something?‖
    She nodded. ―The missive from King Terenas‖—she nodded in his direction—―informed us that you, Lord Lothar,
    were the last of the Arathi bloodline. Our ancestors pledged eternal support to your King Thoradin and all his kin.
    Anasterian could not deny that obligation. He has sent this battle group to acknowledge the debt.‖
    ―And you?‖ Lothar asked, noticing she had only mentioned the ships.
    ―I am here of my own accord,‖ she announced proudly, tossing her head back in the same way he had seen spirited
    stallions do when challenged. ―I am a ranger, and chose to bring my own detachment and offer our aid freely.‖ She
    glanced beyond Lothar, her eyes roaming, and he knew she was studying the army spread out behind him. ―I sensed
    this conflict was far more serious than my own rulers realized. Such a war could easily spread to us all, and if the
    Horde is as vicious as you say our forests will not remain inviolate for long.‖ She turned back and met Lothar‘s
    gaze, and he could see that for all her beauty this was a strong woman used to battle. ―We must stop them.‖
    Lothar nodded. ―I agree.‖ He bowed. ―Well, you are welcome here, milady, and I thank your lords for their token
    support. But I am far more grateful for your presence, and that of your rangers.‖ He smiled. ―We were just
    discussing our next move, and I would be pleased to hear your opinion. And once your people are settled I will ask
    you to send them scouting, that we may be sure the enemy is not yet upon us.‖
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2019-12-29 at 08:06 PM.

I checked the book again and the first appearance of elves is in page 38. That was the token force that were led by Alleria which came to Southshore on her own accord. There is no mention of another token force before Alleria.
    Read your text carefully

He has sent this battle group to acknowledge the debt.

Much of the troops there were sent by Anasterian, Alleria merely tagged along with her troops.

And you?‖ Lothar asked, noticing she had only mentioned the ships.
    I am here of my own accord. I am a ranger, and chose to bring my own detachment and offer our aid freely.

I studied the part again and indeed it mentions a token force and Alleria has her own rangers that tugged along with that token force. So yes I must admit that were right on that part. However the elves sent the token force out of an old debt and didn't really wanted to help. More like out of an obligation as they didn't take the Orcish Threat seriously.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2019-12-29 at 08:24 PM.

I studied the part again and indeed it mentions a token force and Alleria has her own rangers that tugged along with that token force. So yes I must admit that were right on that part. However the elves sent the token force out of an old debt and didn't really wanted to help. More like out of an obligation as they didn't take the Orcish Threat seriously.
    They honored their debt and as such kept their vows, that is all that matters, they always could have pulled a gilneas or an alterrac, but they never did.

Perenolde was a traitor indeed for helping the Orcs. Greymane agreed to send a token force to help also but then he left the Alliance and closed himself from the world. I wouldn't blame him though. He wanted the Orcs dead instead of using taxes for the camps and why should they spare them when moments ago the Orcs where here to eradicate all of Azeroth and take it for them?

The Elves did keep an old debt but it troubles me that they were not ready to commit to the war had they not had that vow.

BTW Good Night from me. Got to get up early for work.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2019-12-29 at 09:53 PM.

Well, I think after blizzard made the blood elves go horde, they then went back and recast the history in a way that made the elves seem minimally interested or connected to the humans and thus alliance. [I said think because this is just a suspicion]

Would this be the case if it was alliance high elves that were playable? I wonder, and I must fairly also ask myself if it would have mattered to in that scenario as the elves would now supposedly be fully on board.

The Gilneans as worgen could have easily joined the forsaken in my opnion given how things were left after WC2, i know they brought int hte undead fighting, but since Sylvanas is opposed to the scourge, and Gilneans didn't like the alliance, worgen on the horde was a possibility I feel only went alliance to give alliance a more monster looking race.

Anyway, Warcraft is not LotR, elves, even high elves aren't benevolent, (well night elves are, which is an interesting twist), high elves are selfish, isolationists, and don't like being involved with anyone. Anasterian's token force epitomises this. Funny, the night elf isolation has totally different motivations.

- - - Updated - - -

I checked the book again and the first appearance of elves is in page 38. That was the token force that were led by Alleria which came to Southshore on her own accord. There is no mention of another token force before Alleria. This battle group was the one that was sent led by Alleria meaning they came to the same ships.

―Allow me to present the kings of the
    Alliance, as well as my lieutenants.‖ After introductions had been made, he turned to more serious matters.
    ―Forgive my bluntness, Lady Alleria,‖ he said, drawing a smile from her at the title, ―but I must ask—is this all the
    aid your people can muster?‖
    That brought a frown from her. ―I will tell you straight, Lord Lothar,‖ she replied, glancing around to make sure no
    others were listening. Several other elves, both men and women, had left the ship now and were clustered at the far
    end of the pier, clearly awaiting Alleria‘s permission to move closer. ―Anasterian and the others were little
    concerned at the reports you sent. This Horde is far distant from us and seems intent upon conquering human lands,
    not our own forests. The council members feel it is better to leave this conflict to the younger races, and merely
    strengthen our own borders to prevent any additional incursions.‖ Her eyes narrowed, showing what she thought of
    such a decision.
    ―Yet you are here,‖ Khadgar pointed out. ―Surely that means something?‖
    She nodded. ―The missive from King Terenas‖—she nodded in his direction—―informed us that you, Lord Lothar,
    were the last of the Arathi bloodline. Our ancestors pledged eternal support to your King Thoradin and all his kin.
    Anasterian could not deny that obligation. He has sent this battle group to acknowledge the debt.‖
    ―And you?‖ Lothar asked, noticing she had only mentioned the ships.
    ―I am here of my own accord,‖ she announced proudly, tossing her head back in the same way he had seen spirited
    stallions do when challenged. ―I am a ranger, and chose to bring my own detachment and offer our aid freely.‖ She
    glanced beyond Lothar, her eyes roaming, and he knew she was studying the army spread out behind him. ―I sensed
    this conflict was far more serious than my own rulers realized. Such a war could easily spread to us all, and if the
    Horde is as vicious as you say our forests will not remain inviolate for long.‖ She turned back and met Lothar‘s
    gaze, and he could see that for all her beauty this was a strong woman used to battle. ―We must stop them.‖
    Lothar nodded. ―I agree.‖ He bowed. ―Well, you are welcome here, milady, and I thank your lords for their token
    support. But I am far more grateful for your presence, and that of your rangers.‖ He smiled. ―We were just
    discussing our next move, and I would be pleased to hear your opinion. And once your people are settled I will ask
    you to send them scouting, that we may be sure the enemy is not yet upon us.‖
    You gotta love Alleria here. to be fair, there isn't any instance in her appearance that she hasn't been heroic and admirable.

I don't understand the hate.. except for partisan hate. Her peole arrognatly under-estimate the threat, but she gets it spot on, with a level of foresight you would expect of her race, how is this chick not the most succesful and most loved of the Windrunner sisters?

Boner for undead? Hatred by horde fans cos she stuck with the alliance? Which I never found controversial - i would have understood if she joined the horde or if she stayed with the alliance. Her role in Legion was nothinghosrt of heroic, admirable and outstanding. Whe the ehtereeal attacked the sunwell, she did everything shecould to stop it.

I don't understand why people would have a boner for Sylvanas over Alleria. The returned Alleria is incredible and it's nice to have a great Thalassian hero.

Imo, the only reason she isn't super popular is because blizzard writing is holding her back, if they continue wtih her in this vein, but gave her the level of exposure/involvement they give Sylvanas, she would be eclipse Sylvanas in popularity.

Sadly, I think that won't happen, and I also think its intentional. They wrote her admirable because of her status and fondness, but theyw on't make her involved.. and I am beginning to think that's not only because of the huge boner for her the creative leads have (it's thes ame people who write up Alleria). This is all speculation, but I highly suspect Alliance characters are not allowed to be too popular because nothing blizzard has done since legion 7.3.5 leads me to believe they have changed their horde development stance and priority over alliance, and are still locked into their partisan factioned concept for the game - which demands a horde priorty based on the initial classic reviews. Which in other words is saying, if you're alliance you're not going to be popular.

so sylvanas is suffocating character development of alleria because blizz is just focusing on sylvanas over alleria?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Well, I think after blizzard made the blood elves go horde, they then went back and recast the history in a way that made the elves seem minimally interested or connected to the humans and thus alliance. [I said think because this is just a suspicion]

Would this be the case if it was alliance high elves that were playable? I wonder, and I must fairly also ask myself if it would have mattered to in that scenario as the elves would now supposedly be fully on board.

The Gilneans as worgen could have easily joined the forsaken in my opnion given how things were left after WC2, i know they brought int hte undead fighting, but since Sylvanas is opposed to the scourge, and Gilneans didn't like the alliance, worgen on the horde was a possibility I feel only went alliance to give alliance a more monster looking race.

Anyway, Warcraft is not LotR, elves, even high elves aren't benevolent, (well night elves are, which is an interesting twist), high elves are selfish, isolationists, and don't like being involved with anyone. Anasterian's token force epitomises this. Funny, the night elf isolation has totally different motivations.

- - - Updated - - -

You gotta love Alleria here. to be fair, there isn't any instance in her appearance that she hasn't been heroic and admirable.

I don't understand the hate.. except for partisan hate. Her peole arrognatly under-estimate the threat, but she gets it spot on, with a level of foresight you would expect of her race, how is this chick not the most succesful and most loved of the Windrunner sisters?

Boner for undead? Hatred by horde fans cos she stuck with the alliance? Which I never found controversial - i would have understood if she joined the horde or if she stayed with the alliance. Her role in Legion was nothinghosrt of heroic, admirable and outstanding. Whe the ehtereeal attacked the sunwell, she did everything shecould to stop it.

I don't understand why people would have a boner for Sylvanas over Alleria. The returned Alleria is incredible and it's nice to have a great Thalassian hero.

Imo, the only reason she isn't super popular is because blizzard writing is holding her back, if they continue wtih her in this vein, but gave her the level of exposure/involvement they give Sylvanas, she would be eclipse Sylvanas in popularity.

Sadly, I think that won't happen, and I also think its intentional. They wrote her admirable because of her status and fondness, but theyw on't make her involved.. and I am beginning to think that's not only because of the huge boner for her the creative leads have (it's thes ame people who write up Alleria). This is all speculation, but I highly suspect Alliance characters are not allowed to be too popular because nothing blizzard has done since legion 7.3.5 leads me to believe they have changed their horde development stance and priority over alliance, and are still locked into their partisan factioned concept for the game - which demands a horde priorty based on the initial classic reviews. Which in other words is saying, if you're alliance you're not going to be popular.
    Because many blood elf fanboys are salty they are not getting their own Windrunner waifu, even though it was obvious that Alleria would not join the Horde. One of her major character traits is her great hatred for the orcs, especially after the death of her little brother, which represent a tragic turning point in her life.

Also some people think her void powers are an asspull when she has been training for 500 years to control them and we literally see the final part of that training in Legion.

However, even if she's not the most popular Windrunner, she's most likely the least hated as well. Vereesa is hated because of the Purge of Dalaran, Sylvanas is hated for obvious reasons, but Alleria hasn't done anything that warrants hatred from more than just the diehard blood elf fanboys.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Because many blood elf fanboys are salty they are not getting their own Windrunner waifu, even though it was obvious that Alleria would not join the Horde. One of her major character traits is her great hatred for the orcs, especially after the death of her little brother, which represent a tragic turning point in her life.

Also some people think her void powers are an asspull when she has been training for 500 years to control them and we literally see the final part of that training in Legion.

However, even if she's not the most popular Windrunner, she's most likely the least hated as well. Vereesa is hated because of the Purge of Dalaran, Sylvanas is hated for obvious reasons, but Alleria hasn't done anything that warrants hatred from more than just the diehard blood elf fanboys.
    This is my main problem with this character. She hasn't done anything that warrants any type of emotional reaction. Same goes for Vereesa. The vast majority of Warcraft's playerbase don't even know who she is.

They're boring, Cliche, Waifus.

Like her character or not, at least Sylvanas HAS a personality.

Also, her void powers is 100% an asspull or they would have been referenced SOMEWHERE before.
    Compared to Sylvanas' mysterious power up which we gradually see in-game/cinematics.

I don't dislike the idea of Alleria. I just think she is poorly written. Barely written.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    This is my main problem with this character. She hasn't done anything that warrants any type of emotional reaction. Same goes for Vereesa. The vast majority of Warcraft's playerbase don't even know who she is.

They're boring, Cliche, Waifus.

Like her character or not, at least Sylvanas HAS a personality.

Also, her void powers is 100% an asspull or they would have been referenced SOMEWHERE before.
    Compared to Sylvanas' mysterious power up which we gradually see in-game/cinematics.

I don't dislike the idea of Alleria. I just think she is poorly written. Barely written.
    You don't know if the vast majority of WoW's playerbase doesn't know her. Especially when she was a highly anticiapted character with many theories surrounding her whereabouts, and Blizzard even updated the game loading tips thrice to build that up. Same with Turalyon.

Also Alleria has a personality, you just ignore it because you're biased. She's resourceful and pragmatic and is willing to master the void even though it was the void that came to her through an accident. She wants to use the void to protect Quel'thalas and believes that the Alliance is where Quel'thalas belongs. She harbors a deep hatred towards the orcs and their Horde because they ravaged through Quel'thalas and even killed her little brother, but she is not consumed completely by the desire for vengeance, so much so that she is the only one who suggests making an armistice with Sylvanas to deal with N'Zoth.. She also feels that it is her duty to help the Ren'dorei master the void, just like Locus-Walker himself did with her in the past.

And no, you don't gradually see Sylvanas' mysterious power. The first time we learn she has a super unique power is when she first uses it against Saurfang and that's only mentioned in a line of dialogue after the cinematic. Before that there was no mention whatsoever of Sylvanas gaining a massive power boost.

Also, Alleria is anything but cliché. If she were a cliché, so basically if she were written by blood elf fanboys, she'd be a damsel in distress who cooks meal for Turalyon while at the same time singing how beautiful and good and perfect the blood elves are and what a honorable and intelligent leader her sitser has become. Instead what Blizzard did was subverting expectations in a good way, because not only does Alleria reject the notion of joining the Horde after what they did to her family and kingdom, but she is also an independent woman who is actually forced to part ways with Turalyon due to her newfound void powers.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-12-30 at 12:52 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands