Poll: Did You preferred Vulpera to Gilgoblins

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Are Vulpera really a better choice than Gilgoblins?

For the allied race spot? Or is this just furry love? Or cuteness?

Personally, I don't get the appeal of fox people, but I'm a guy. Plushies and cure furries were never my thing. Now a worgen or vampire - now you're talking.

Vulpera imo, obviously beat Gilgoblin for the slot, and i think the fans directly resulted in this.

I wonder if you would have been annoyed if they had given gilgoblins instead? Be honest.

Was never a fan of goblins but understand people who like them. But sea goblins? Just why...

Can't think of anyone who would care about those sea things.

gilgoblins don't have mass appeal the way vulpera do, they would really only appeal to people who already like/play goblins and probably not all of them at that. gilgoblins and ankoan were never going to be released as allied races and it was obvious from the fact that blizzard added a toy from nazjatar that turns you into them to somewhat satisfy the few people who would want to play them

While I am not a fan of Vulpera, they are a vastly better option than Gilgoblins. We do not know what type of customization options we'll be getting for Goblins come Shadowlands, and there could be blue-skin, fin-eared options for them.

I would compare Gilgoblins to the earlier allied races like Lightforged and Highmountain. Both of those allied races would be fine as just customerization options for the upcoming expansion kinda like how Trolls are getting Sandfury and Dwarves are getting Wildhammer.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love goblins but gilgoblins are lame.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    gilgoblins don't have mass appeal the way vulpera do, they would really only appeal to people who already like/play goblins and probably not all of them at that. gilgoblins and ankoan were never going to be released as allied races and it was obvious from the fact that blizzard added a toy from nazjatar that turns you into them to somewhat satisfy the few people who would want to play them
    Actually I was routing for gilgoblins long before Naz'jatar in many sub-race/allied race threads. It could be they were actually always intended, but Vulpera were such a success, that it switched. And having a toy is no proof of disqualification. We had many nightborne toys, and have had blood/high elf ones too and of other races, doesn't mean they wont' be playable.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'll never see them except for the 4 seconds before I one shot them in BGs anyway so it matters little to me.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    I'll never see them except for the 4 seconds before I one shot them in BGs anyway so it matters little to me.
    You can one shot other players? Look out everyone, we got ourselves a badass here!

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Was never a fan of goblins but understand people who like them. But sea goblins? Just why...

Can't think of anyone who would care about those sea things.
    Sounds a lot like the Mechagnome hate, and yet Alliance are getting stuck with them.

Both Mechagnome and Gilgoblin should have been alternate looks for their respective races, but not stand alone ones.

Most definitely, goblins with gills, seriously? I love goblins, but I did not need "aqua goblins." Every allied race should have been more like the Vulpera instead of customization options. "Ooh, tattoos and antlers!"

Yes

/thread

PS: gilgoblins could come as an extra costumization option of goblins

Gilgoblin is yet another subrace that could have easily been a skin for goblins. I'd much rather see allied races be a lot more unique despite sharing the skeleton of an existing class. Not a fan of vulpera either but at least they look a lot more different and have some unique animations. The real question is why we still don't have playable ogres.

Vulpera are meh and should never be a playable. They have so little connection to the Warcraft universe and lore. Having them be playable, but not Nagas is just plain lame.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Yes

/thread

Thank youuuuu. We forget, goblins are an "original race." Original races are getting extra customization options. Goblins are going to need new/extra features. I'm thinking Blizzard making customization an... "ahem" focus this expansion instead of new class or races () means they'll implement any and all customize options that would have otherwise potentially made new allied races. Wildhammer dwarves? Tattoos for Bronzebeards. Gilgoblins? Gills and webbed feet options for goblins, and so forth. Here's hoping Tauren get Taunka faces, Green Orcs get Fel Orc, and Draenei get Eredar skins.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Yes

/thread

That could work, but is it lore correct though? When you do the goblin starting area, can you be a gilgoblin/ aren't they only discovered later in Vashj'ir/ or can this be another acceptable retcon? or should they make all goblin customisations of the gilgoblin nature start at elvel 20?@

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Gilgoblin is yet another subrace that could have easily been a skin for goblins. I'd much rather see allied races be a lot more unique despite sharing the skeleton of an existing class. Not a fan of vulpera either but at least they look a lot more different and have some unique animations. The real question is why we still don't have playable ogres.
    Agreed, I'm still holding out for Mok'nathal in 8.3.5.

To play as one, Vulpera definitely seem more fun. Gilgoblins have some good energy with their voices in Nazjatar, and so they're a lot more personable as NPCs but let's be real - not a lot of people seem to play goblins, and without significant model changes and some really cool customization options to really sell people on the fish part of them it just wouldn't even be close. Fish people are still cool as a general idea, though, so I hope one day we'll see Jinyu playable because they'd be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    That could work, but is it lore correct though? When you do the goblin starting area, can you be a gilgoblin/ aren't they only discovered later in Vashj'ir/ or can this be another acceptable retcon? or should they make all goblin customisations of the gilgoblin nature start at elvel 20?@
    The new leveling process is going to change a lot of the start to make more sense for the story moving forward, kinda. Instead of doing the Goblin starting zone, they could go to the new leveling island, which I don't remember the name of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Thank youuuuu. We forget, goblins are an "original race." Original races are getting extra customization options. Goblins are going to need new/extra features. I'm thinking Blizzard making customization an... "ahem" focus this expansion instead of new class or races () means they'll implement any and all customize options that would have otherwise potentially made new allied races. Wildhammer dwarves? Tattoos for Bronzebeards. Gilgoblins? Gills and webbed feet options for goblins, and so forth. Here's hoping Tauren get Taunka faces, Green Orcs get Fel Orc, and Draenei get Eredar skins.
    Exactly with this Blizzard wont need tons of new races to give to players, races who just have minor changes, and so they can focus on new and original races
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-12-30 at 05:59 PM.

Yes lmao, Gilgoblins would be Mechagnomes all over again. Waste of space.