Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Do whatever you want and tell the haters to go kick rocks. As long as you're not hurting anybody, you have the freedom to do what makes you happy. You only get one life. No regrets!

Well since the average gamer is now a 40 year old woman, no you're never too old. There is only really a stigma for console gaming but that's somewhat self-maintained by the "real gamer" group.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Yes and no, playing games everyday for hours at a time in adulthood should be frowned upon, playing a few hours a week is fine for any age.
    Why, people watch TV for hours every day. I'm married, full time job, no kids (we don't want any) and my choice of hobby is gaming, so yes we both play for hours every day to relax and have fun.

Life's too fucking short to not have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel like anyone should concern themselves so much with what others think about something they love to do.

You're never too old to do anything you love doing.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkarra View Post
    No, it's not. There are books for children and there are books for adults.
    There are games for Children, there are games for Adults, Equivalent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It's amazing, the guy made a fresh account just for this shit and you guys still fall for dem baits =/
    The internet is full of enough idiots these days that bait doesn't really exist enough to care.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    The reason this stigma still lingers on is that Nintendo heavily marketed the NES at release as more like a toy than video game machines (just like at stuff like ROB and what not), since a lot of people had bad impressions of video games after the crash in the early 80's and the rise of the personal computer.

The only person I think genuinely believes video games are for kids is my older brother, who's a twat and always has been one. And maybe some people that for some reason never played games growing up (although meeting someone who's never gamed is increasingly rare these days)

Like most of my friends, who wouldn't identify themselves as gamers play multiplayer games like League of Legends, CoD and Overwatch casually all the time. And most of them pick up a few big Triple A titles each year.

Anyhow, you're never too old for anything in this world.
    - Dare not to sleep -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkarra View Post
    Yes, of course it's for kids. When did you start playing video games? When you were a kid. You're still playing cause you never grew up. Adults don't have time to play video games.
    I'm a adult who pays bills, have my own place, and have a full time job, I play video games and a great many other people I know of varied ages play video games. My grandma plays rpgs and side scrollers....so would that make me a kid? If it's something you like and enjoy no matter how busy you are you will still make time for it and that does not make you any less or more of what you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Video Games get in the way or interfere with your personal life in any way then any age might be too old.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    If Video Games get in the way or interfere with your personal life in any way then any age might be too old.
    ^Very true I seen a guy ruin his life because he couldn't sit the controller down and take care of his life.

recently watched a documentary about some granny singing in a grindcore band. so are you ever too old to have fun?
    being too old(physically) to do something doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    “When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C. S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkarra
    Shaming men for liking young women is an old-woman-tactic, employed by those who are too unattractive for most desirable men.
    Personally, I don't see myself having much reason to date someone older than me by even a third of my age. By the time I consider older than half, no. And if I were to sleep with someone twice my age, there should be a law against that. I'm sure even an old guy like @Ghostpanther would agree.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to old at all but you can definitely not have enough time due to real world responsibilities. its all just a balancing act and you find time for shit you love.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Even though video games have become more mainstream as a hobby, there's still a stigma against adults playing them, with some people thinking you're a manchild for still playing video games as an adult.

Are you ever "too old" for video games?
    I would say that you are "too old" for video games when you stop enjoying playing them.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    We had a raider rage quit claiming he was too old to be raiding at 39.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as being "too old" for anything.

Do what you enjoy and fuck other peoples perception of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The idea that people can outgrow gaming is every bit as stupid as the thought of people outgrowing movies, music, etc.
    enough said really,but as someone above mentioned hand eye coordination i myself find this a problem in my later years but still love playing and trying all types of games.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Even though video games have become more mainstream as a hobby, there's still a stigma against adults playing them, with some people thinking you're a manchild for still playing video games as an adult.

Are you ever "too old" for video games?
    yeah, old people she stick to playing bridge, bingo, and drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The idea that people can outgrow gaming is every bit as stupid as the thought of people outgrowing movies, music, etc.
    Pretty much this. At least videogames are more stimulating to the headmeats than just watching tv all day.

The vast majority of people playing video games are over 18 years old. As video games are still a relatively new hobby compared to most, the average age of the person playing video games continues to increase over time. At this point, what does it really matter what some people think?

Of course there are people who believe adults shouldn't play games. You'll find someone somewhere that believes any given idea. What really matters is how you feel. Do you feel too old for games? Why let some random strangers' opinions dictate what you do in your free time?