Poll: Did You preferred Vulpera to Gilgoblins

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is a no contest. Gilgoblins would be the equivalent of Mechagnomes, sure, but no one on the Alliance is excited about getting trash heap gnomes. Vulpera is the best new allied race in the game, second to Zandalari Troll if you consider those a "new" race.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I'm not a furry, but I like non-human races because it's a fantasy game and I like living that. Humans bore the shite out of me.
    Same. I like MMOs and all, but if too many of the races look human (or there's ONLY human) then I feel like not playing it. I'd play the original Guild Wars but, all human. I'm not a furry either, but I like playing a Pandaren one and a while
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not fan of Vulpera but anything that looks different and not a slightly altered version of X race is preferable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I'm not the biggest fan of Vulpera and have no plans of ever rolling one, I think it was a better choice because they look unique and different to every other race we have now. Gilgoblins are a cooler race IMO, but they are literally just Goblins with fins tacked on them.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    For the allied race spot? Or is this just furry love? Or cuteness?

Personally, I don't get the appeal of fox people, but I'm a guy. Plushies and cure furries were never my thing. Now a worgen or vampire - now you're talking.

Vulpera imo, obviously beat Gilgoblin for the slot, and i think the fans directly resulted in this.

I wonder if you would have been annoyed if they had given gilgoblins instead? Be honest.

Why shove in Gilgoblins when you can have a more aesthetically different race, even if they share the rig of Goblins. That would reek of laziness, the same way Mag'har and Dark Iron Dwarf did.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I kind of want both.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They had three major characters we spent a lot of time adventuring with in 8.2. They had more development than Vulpera whose entire personality is ‘ALPACAS!’ ‘UwU’ and being burned alive by righteous 7th legion heroes.
    8.2 was *after* 8.0 though, which was when Vulpera were introduced so....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Cure is obviously a typo for cute. I'm not a big fan of any furries, I like worgen though.
    Sounds like a furry to me

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Yes.

People barely play regular goblins, I can only guess because they don't really fit any major "class fantasy", I don't see why gilgoblins would be better in that respect.

If I was replacing somebody it'd be mechagnomes. They can look neat, but it's dependent on more customization than we have. Kind of like how WE STILL NEED SLINTED-EYED NIGHTBORNE, BLIZZARD.

You are not taking away my Ratchet & Clank themed vulpera. I already went and farmed the wrench transmog from mechagon.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-12-30 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

for a race no... for an allied race gilbolins made more sense
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Sounds like a furry to me
    Do you dress up in green make-up, tusks and pointy ears whenever you 'like orcs' then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are terrible to me tbf

I hate the furry little shits and yet I think it's obvious that they were the better choice by any reasonable measurement.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TragedyAnn View Post
    See here's the thing... (and this wasn't an option on the poll) I think both choices were the better choice based on different criteria.

I think in most logical ways that don't involve actual player enthusiasm/interest - Gilgoblins make loads more sense. They were a rep introduced in the last patch, w/ a similar grind to Mechagon, meaning they had similar unlock requirements. They're a racial offshoot of an existing race (and furthermore, Goblins & Gnomes are often thought of as companion races). Furthermore, not only did the horde bond with them a great deal in Nazjatar, players bonded with SPECIFIC NPC characters/heroes. Poen & Neri feel like my old buddies at this point (if my slightly incompetent buddies). Which is better treatment than some ACTUAL races got (For instance - Nobody cared about Lorethemar for a good 5 years after he was introduced. It wasn't until they gave him a unique model and something to do that he started getting interesting)... Furthermore on the other end of the spectrum, I think we had comparatively less interaction with the Vulpera. Sure we met a few, and helped them, but there were also several other stories woven into the zone (such as exiled Zandalari, Sethrak, and the ghost tavern in the cave. Not to mention Alliance activity) Gilgoblins were our constant companions in Nazjatar, wheras Vulpera were just one of many things going on in Voldun ... and as a result, the only lasting memory I have of my time with them is the Dolly & Dot song... lol. Vulpera are the first Allied race that's truly a completely NEW race. Nightborne were close, but still something of a Night Elf variant (and if not a Night Elf variant, AT LEAST still an Elf variant). And finally the obvious argument - Vulpera are the first BRAND NEW race to come as an allied race... and many would/could/do argue they'd have been more logical as an all new race. And there's also an argument of horde favoritism to be made too, but I won't dwell on it. (I am horde for the record, and yes, I feel we got the long end of this one)

HOWEVER... as far as actual player enthusiasm/interest is concerned, I think Vulpera make LOADS more sense than Gilgoblins as they were/are clearly WAY more in demand. There are many people who'd love to roll a Vulpera, definitely more than would like to roll a Gilgoblin, and possibly even more people than would like to roll a regular Goblin. I'm definately way more interested in playing a Vulpera than a Gilgoblin, even if I think Gilgoblins made more sense in a lot of ways.

And ultimately the latter is the metric on which Blizzard makes their decision, because player interest is what makes them money. If they roll out Gilgoblins and no one cares... fewer people spend time leveling one, and they don't make any money getting you to drop 120 levels of playtime. But if tons of people roll a new Vulpera, they're keeping us all on the hook for at least one more alt...

*Shrug* So I get it. I don't like it in every way, but I get it.

I think it would have been easier to swallow if the Alliance race had been Sethrak or Ankoan though. At least then they'd also have gotten something new.

In a perfect world I'd have preferred all 4. Vulpera & Gilgoblins for Horde, Ankoan & Mechagnomes for Alliance.

Though the problem with Ankoan is I'd personally still rather see Hozen & Jinyu become playable someday, lol. (I feel like if MoP had released in post-allied race world, they would have been, but since they're already in the rearview mirror, it's not worth Blizzards time/effort to revisit)
    Indd chances of Jinyu/Hozen are next to none, Wolvar and Tuskarr have as much chance.

I suspect we will see gilgoblin as the goblin customisation option which I feel will be a soft allied race option.

Vulpera as an Allied race make more sense.
    I see Gilgoblins more like wildhammer dwarfs, they are alrdy part of the Horde and can easy become an cosmatic option in Shadowlands for the Goblin race.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    same could be said about gnomes and yet...
    Yes, and it was a mistake for Blizzard to make an uglier version of them instead of going with a more popular racial choice, like dragonkin, those cat-dudes from WoD, Tuskarr, or even Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yes, and it was a mistake for Blizzard to make an uglier version of them instead of going with a more popular racial choice, like dragonkin, those cat-dudes from WoD, Tuskarr, or even Naga.
    It is more about the core of the allied race system and Blizzards design philosophy of not giving Alliance players what they want. Even the most popular allied race was created on the basis of pure spite and being hellbend of just never giving Alliance players what they would like to have, while the Horde so far got nearly everything they ever asked for.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll take a new race over a slightly modified race any day.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh yeah, nothing says "fleshed out" than a single line from Cataclysm that stated they were a an accidental creation by Hobart Grapplehammer.
    I never heard that, you sure you dint mea hobgoblins? Cant be bothered to research though, but I believe gilgiblins have been around long before Hobart was born, their time in Naz'jatar doesnt start with us, but these days with wow, things keep changing and old lore and impressions might have been changed

No. At least mechagnomes should stand out as different from gnomes at a glance from their mods and animations. Gilgoblins are just barely different from goblins to begin with, and are you going to notice skin color and webbed fingers at all? You'll barely notice their ears, which is the biggest difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, i would have been OK with Gilgoblins if the Alliance also get the Ankoan / Jinyu (mostly because it makes sense thematically)