Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Future speculation on some stuff

In theory, what kind of radical lore changes would need to happen in order for Valeera to join the Horde? Someone said that if Baine becomes warchief and turns the Horde into a puppet state of the Wrynn's (a lot of people think that's what it's looking like thus far) then Valeera would join the Horde? I don't quite understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    In theory, what kind of radical lore changes would need to happen in order for Valeera to join the Horde? Someone said that if Baine becomes warchief and turns the Horde into a puppet state of the Wrynn's (a lot of people think that's what it's looking like thus far) then Valeera would join the Horde? I don't quite understand that.
    as far as i can tell, there will be no new warchief. it will be run by a council.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    as far as i can tell, there will be no new warchief. it will be run by a council.
    Baine? Baine.

Baine? Baine.
    McBaine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If you're talking about Valeera rescinding her complete Alliance loyalties in favor of the Horde, then you'd need to have some form of extreme falling out between her and Anduin Wrynn as it's Anduin she serves first and foremost, not the Alliance as a whole. If that happened then Valeera would likely vanish back into the Horde, where her insider knowledge of Alliance politics and practices would make her an invaluable commodity to the Horde's leadership in any future faction conflicts.

There is no longer a Warchief position in the leadership of the Horde, but even if it were to be reinstated it's highly unlikely the Horde would become a vassal-state of the Alliance (it's too massive, first and foremost, and its constituent races wouldn't desire it in the general sense). More likely you'd wind up with a more permanent peace treaty between the Horde and the Alliance for the duration of Baine's tenure, and possibly beyond if successive Warchiefs decide to keep his policies in place.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Can she join the Horde while still being a shadow member of the uncrowned?

You mentioned that her inside knowledge of the Alliance politics and practices would make her an invaluable commodity to the Horde leadership, in this case what kind of position would she hold in the Horde? A position of power? Or an intelligence agent for the Horde similar to SI:7 but Horde's version of SI:7?

Valeera Sanguinar isn't really an enemy of the Horde. Yeah she acted as a spy for Anduin but ultimately Baine will write that off as necessary to the eventual relative peace accomplished so she could probably walk into Orgrimmar right now and not be any more glared at than most. (Maybe ogled at, hot damn that new model)

Regardless of what self proclaimed "a lot of people" think, Blizzard are fans of Baine, and we're not looking at a Unifaction any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    I can't see her turning her back on the Wyrnns, but I can see her prioritizing something else if the needs arise. Since she's a blood elf, it'd have to be something related to family or Quel'Thalas. Even Vareesa who hates the Horde (and still holds grudges against trolls, BEs, and orcs) was willing to return for Sylvanas (until she realized the sister she wanted was no longer there).

Something similar could happen for Valeera, but I don't think there is any need to. Anduin would never put her in a position that would force her to choose or cause guilt for neglecting him. He's too nice. Her wishy washy allegiances are a right Lor'Themar and Anduin permit.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Your trying to make sense of the irrational fearmongering of people hating on the horde being anything besides a stereotypical 'duh bad guys' side.

Just don't bother, these kinds of people here are the same as those kids in the playground who think it's justified beating up other kids because their own dad beats them up.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2019-12-28 at 11:38 AM.

I'd like Valeera to become a Ren'dorei. I feel like thematically she'd fit very well wth them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    I'd like Valeera to become a Ren'dorei. I feel like thematically she'd fit very well wth them.
    Race traitors sure have a tendency to gravitate towards void.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    She's leaning towards the Alliance because of being very loyal to the Wrynns. Even if she claims her loyalties are her own and that she isn't serving political constructs such as the A&H, being a spy or doing work for the High King of the Alliance doesn't make her neutral. However she doesn't feel animosity towards the Horde and the Blood Elves, I think she'd be willing to work with them in order to help them for a specific reason that doesn't involve betraying the Wrynns(+the Alliance).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Rogues being sneaky fit with the void theme pretty well. Though I doubt she'd have any interest in mystical forces and the powers she could harness from them.

Curious as to why you would want this?

It's not the first time such requests have come in, as if peopel struggle to accept the very few cross faction cooperations that are genuinely long term. Sometiems I feel it's blizzards attempt to play through and captialise the human/elf popular fantasy, but when i think of it, I'm like "okay, sure, why not, see how this goes"

Given the way blizzard has set up animosity between hordea nd alliance races, and how passionately horde fans have taken to the blood elves on their side, a blood elf working with humans is sort of interesting. Valeera doesn't receive hate that I've noticed from fans. maybe because she is low profile, but the usually hate Vareesa and Alleria have received for being on t he alliance or attached to humans is just not seen there.

I wonder if this would continue if Anduin falls in love with her, and she accepts.

The easiest out is for her to lose her memory, but people would probably find it cliche.

Unlikely to happen, her loyalty is to her friends first. And as long as the horde has Rehgar no chance, let's not forget about that slaver regardless of how much he is deemed a hero for the horde.
    Even if she had a falling out with Anduin, she'd likely still choose to join Broll Bearmantle in stead.

As to family, I do not have chronicles on hand to know who beat Tempest Keep, but her one known family member was killed there alongside Kael'thas.

It is more likely that her allegiance changes when the blood elves leave the horde eventually (not during wow's lifetime but eventually).
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Why does she need to choose a faction at all? Characters don't have to exist within the confines of a gameplay mandated faction system.

I'm still confused about her loyalty to the Wrynns because from what I remember she's the one who saved Varian's life by chasing after an assassin and killing it before it could get to Varian. Why is she the Wrynn's pet dog when it's the Wrynn's who owe her? Never made sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    Unlikely to happen, her loyalty is to her friends first. And as long as the horde has Rehgar no chance, let's not forget about that slaver regardless of how much he is deemed a hero for the horde.
    Even if she had a falling out with Anduin, she'd likely still choose to join Broll Bearmantle in stead.

As to family, I do not have chronicles on hand to know who beat Tempest Keep, but her one known family member was killed there alongside Kael'thas.

It is more likely that her allegiance changes when the blood elves leave the horde eventually (not during wow's lifetime but eventually).
    On the topic of Rehgar, he basically HAS been forgotten - He does jack-shit throughout the entirety of WoW, and blizz stated that the only reason he made it into HotS was because they needed a named shaman character to give Thrall's first iteration kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    On the topic of Rehgar, he basically HAS been forgotten - He does jack-shit throughout the entirety of WoW, and blizz stated that the only reason he made it into HotS was because they needed a named shaman character to give Thrall's first iteration kit.
    He was active during Legion as one of the champions for Shamen.

Similar that Broll showed up for the druids and Valeera as part of the rogues.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    She's leaning towards the Alliance because of being very loyal to the Wrynns. Even if she claims her loyalties are her own and that she isn't serving political constructs such as the A&H, being a spy or doing work for the High King of the Alliance doesn't make her neutral. However she doesn't feel animosity towards the Horde and the Blood Elves, I think she'd be willing to work with them in order to help them for a specific reason that doesn't involve betraying the Wrynns(+the Alliance).

- - - Updated - - -

Rogues being sneaky fit with the void theme pretty well. Though I doubt she'd have any interest in mystical forces and the powers she could harness from them.
    What I wanna know is, can the Horde ask her to help them, send her on a mission that benefits the Horde as long as it doesn't interfere with Wrynn/Alliance business? Would she agree?