Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Even though video games have become more mainstream as a hobby, there's still a stigma against adults playing them, with some people thinking you're a manchild for still playing video games as an adult.

Are you ever "too old" for video games?
    Henrys got your back
    https://etcanada.com/news/564556/hen...blic-scrutiny/

I know a 76 year old that plays Assassins creed, Tomb raider, Jedi Fallen Order etc. You're never too old.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Even though video games have become more mainstream as a hobby, there's still a stigma against adults playing them, with some people thinking you're a manchild for still playing video games as an adult.

Are you ever "too old" for video games?
    I feel like I am too old for video games lately. I used to be able to sit for hours and play games. That might just be my health because I don't take care of myself as well as I should with some depression thrown in I think. I can only play a game for a short amount of time before it feels really grading on me to pay attention and engaged for too long. Probably due to my health more than being old though.
    I could try to be more social by doing boring shallow things and hanging around boring shallow people instead of playing games but I would just be faking it and would not be happy anyways. Stigma or not, you have to go with your nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkarra View Post
    You can do all these things and still be a kid. Most jobs aren't hard. You get up, you go to work, you do what someone else tells you for 8 hours, you go home, and then you can play with your toys. If you spend your free time playing with your toys, you're still a kid. Even kids will go to school regularly. Just because you are capable of spending 8 hours a day outside of your house, doesn't mean you're an adult.

Now you could have a job and say "I like to play with dolls". Does that make the activity of playing with dolls not childish? Just because you have a job?

Imagine someone saying this to you. That they play with dolls and it's perfectly fine for an adult to do. They could say all of the exact same things.

"Just because kids play with dolls doesn't mean adults can't also"

"Some dolls are for kids, some are for adults"

"I know many adults who play with dolls"

"My grandfather also plays with dolls"

"I have many friends and they also play with dolls"

You could say all of these things, and it wouldn't change that it was a child's activity.

- - - Updated - - -

What you call "games for adults" are only considered for adults because of things like graphic violence. But even a game like Mortal Kombat can be played by a child just as easily. There's nothing about Mortal Kombat preventing a kid from comprehending Mortal Kombat. Just because you put tons of blood into a game doesn't mean it is now for adults, it just means you perverted a child's pastime. All games are for kids, because they are games. Adults don't play games, at least not as a major hobby.

Manchildren play WoW all day. An adult might play a round of monopoly when together with his friends, but he does it only to pass the time and relax, not because he has the identity of a gamer.

- - - Updated - - -

All entertainment is for children.

- - - Updated - - -

You had sex as a kid? Might want to go to the police.

- - - Updated - - -

C.S. Lewis was a pedophile.
    Your logic is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Your logic is flawed.
    They're definitely not adult enough to be having this discussion, that's for sure.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do all these things and still be a kid. Most jobs aren't hard. You get up, you go to work, you do what someone else tells you for 8 hours, you go home, and then you can play with your toys. If you spend your free time playing with your toys, you're still a kid. Even kids will go to school regularly. Just because you are capable of spending 8 hours a day outside of your house, doesn't mean you're an adult.

Now you could have a job and say "I like to play with dolls". Does that make the activity of playing with dolls not childish? Just because you have a job?

Imagine someone saying this to you. That they play with dolls and it's perfectly fine for an adult to do. They could say all of the exact same things.

"Just because kids play with dolls doesn't mean adults can't also"

"Some dolls are for kids, some are for adults"

"I know many adults who play with dolls"

"My grandfather also plays with dolls"

"I have many friends and they also play with dolls"

You could say all of these things, and it wouldn't change that it was a child's activity.

- - - Updated - - -

What you call "games for adults" are only considered for adults because of things like graphic violence. But even a game like Mortal Kombat can be played by a child just as easily. There's nothing about Mortal Kombat preventing a kid from comprehending Mortal Kombat. Just because you put tons of blood into a game doesn't mean it is now for adults, it just means you perverted a child's pastime. All games are for kids, because they are games. Adults don't play games, at least not as a major hobby.

Manchildren play WoW all day. An adult might play a round of monopoly when together with his friends, but he does it only to pass the time and relax, not because he has the identity of a gamer.

- - - Updated - - -

All entertainment is for children.

- - - Updated - - -

You had sex as a kid? Might want to go to the police.

- - - Updated - - -

C.S. Lewis was a pedophile.
    Ah youre crazy, why didnt you say so from the beginning. Man you sound like one of those 12year olds that tell everyone how grown up they are, when it REALLY shows that they are not, which is rather ironic considerin the topic of this thread.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

A person would have to be incredibly insecure to give a shit about what someone thinks about them playing video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Ah youre crazy, why didnt you say so from the beginning. Man you sound like one of those 12year olds that tell everyone how grown up they are, when it REALLY shows that they are not, which is rather ironic considerin the topic of this thread.
    Nice ad hominem. You are a child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Your logic is flawed.
    Your impeccable argument did not convince me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Not trying to be argumentative, you might be thinking of Lewis Carroll. C.S. Lewis (if I remember right) was a closeted gay male (or bi for the times) and into BDSM.
    Oh yeah I got that one wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    And yet you aren't on a crusade to stop the planet from watching soccer. Weird that.

Plus you're spending your time on a website about video games. How very adult of you.
    Football fanatics are degenerates. Worse than people who play video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice ad hominem. You are a child.

- - - Updated - - -

Your impeccable argument did not convince me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah I got that one wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Football fanatics are degenerates. Worse than people who play video games.
    No i am not, however i am not judging people and attacking them because of what they enjoy in their free-time, like not just a child, but a shortminded man-child, which you clearly are.

The fact that you are on a wow forum basically also nulls everythin you say anyway since you are by your own definition a child.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-12-31 at 05:19 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

What you said makes no sense.
    Why? I like TBC and if they develop new content, I want that to be for the current game and not an outdated version of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing else matters. Everything except PvP is PvE and PvP is irrelevant. If you wanna do PvP you can play Classic or BFA, either way you should be well served with one or the other.
    You play WoW, therefore you are a child and to say otherwise would make you a hypocrite.

Starting WoW 15 years ago when I was 42 saved my life.

If I hadn't played that video game for the last 15 years, I wouldn't have got 'too old to play video games' at all

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    its women over 30 who think this shit because they want you to be working while they sit at home.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    You are free to do whatever you like. If you want to do crack and heroine of course you have that choice. Would you argue that people frowning on people doing crack and heroine are trying to control someone's free time? The frowned upon part is that is almost all cases, you could be doing something better with your time. If one is an adult and they play video games like it's a full time job, I willing to bet that they are choosing pleasure over responsibility. This isn't limited to video games, I've had friends who chose to live at the bar, or live on the basketball court or just sit in front of the TV every night. And in all cases, those are the same people that complain about having a boring life, trouble at home and\or mad because they work a dead in job.

The point being just because it's your right to do whatever you want, it doesn't mean it's the best choice.
    The good thing is, we don´t have to give a fuck what other people think about what we do.

And doing something better with your time, wtf? Who´s gonna get to decide what is a "good" thing to do hm?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Why should it be frowned upon if i play games for a few hours every day? It´s my own damn fucking time and i can do what i want with it ffs.

Some people have really sad lives if they´re try to have a saying over others freetime...
    You do you, but if you think playing video games for hours every day is healthy behavior then your lying to yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Why, people watch TV for hours every day. I'm married, full time job, no kids (we don't want any) and my choice of hobby is gaming, so yes we both play for hours every day to relax and have fun.

Life's too fucking short to not have fun.
    You can play video games all you want, but don’t expect people to accept it as healthy behavior. Life is about finding meaning in what you do. I doubt you truly find that meaning in video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me games are Entertainment so they compete with books and movies for the discretionary time I find daily. Lately I've read a lot and played little, since there were no titles that captures my interest. TV/ Netflix accounts for maybe 3-4hours per week (I saw some comments regarding TV time).

The older I get the less tolerance I have for 'half assed' games. I grew up with Wolfenstein 3D and Fallout (1&2) and currently I consider very few titles 'good' or 'great'.
    Last edited by Bugg; 2019-12-31 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    You do you, but if you think playing video games for hours every day is healthy behavior then your lying to yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

You can play video games all you want, but don’t expect people to accept it as healthy behavior. Life is about finding meaning in what you do. I doubt you truly find that meaning in video games.
    Life is about whatever you want it to be about. I found my meaning, enjoying it with my wife. And our means of enjoyment is playing games when we're not working, either together or separately

No one has any right to judge what someone else does with their free time. We volunteer but you can't do that all day every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Life is about whatever you want it to be about. I found my meaning, enjoying it with my wife. And our means of enjoyment is playing games when we're not working, either together or separately

No one has any right to judge what someone else does with their free time. We volunteer but you can't do that all day every day.
    People have the right to judge anyone they want as long as they don’t try to enforce that judgement. I hope that you spending time with your wife gives you meaning in the long term. You seem like a decent person, do me a favor though. Use some of that free time to be productive outside your living room and create order from the chaos of the world. Whether it’s having a child or building something that truly helps others.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Please i don´t give a shit if someone says something is unhealthy or bad and wtf is this bullshit esoteric nonsense you´re sprouting here?

Life is about finding meaning, fuck no, life is about having fun in what you´re doing ffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You play WoW
    I don't.

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

The less time I have to play video games, the more my unhappiness and stress level rises. I firmly believe that video games have contributed to my life expectancy. They've certainly improved my quality of life.

It's certainly much healthier behavior than sitting and watching TV, which is what a very good chunk of the rest of the world thinks of as quality entertainment time.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu