Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Unmistakably people are drawn to this void concept, new as it is to Warcraft. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect it developed from the shadow concept and is revealed to be the source behind it.

Death and void must be related ofc as people close to death seem to handle it well, including undead.

is the attraction the concept itself of a space like emptiness with nice purple colours? or is it more spiritual in that people who love it feel empty inside and it really embodies them?

Finally the popularity of the void elves might be the attraction as they are emo looking apparently "gorgeous" blood elf model types and it makes wielding void sexy - trust blizzard to make fel wielding and void wielding sexy by making elves the main racial users of them (ofc the Warlock and priest class do use fel and void magic, but it is the Illidari and void elf sub-races that are racial users and ofc blood elves and night elves are the top two attractive models in the game
    As others have pointed before, the Void is Warcraft's rendition of Lovecraft's mythos, something I'm a disgusting sucker for
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Warhammer fantasy/40k
    There are some vast differences though. I don't recall the warp being all corrupting...is the Warp sentient?

Quote Originally Posted by Durgo View Post
    There are some vast differences though. I don't recall the warp being all corrupting...is the Warp sentient?
    We are probably going to find out the void isn't all corrupting either, and that it's just the void lord's magnitude that makes it appear sentient,. Don't really remember, but I don't thin kteh void is actually sentient, nor is the light

Anyway this mythos doesn't really make perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Durgo View Post
    A long time ago it wasn't, after the war in heaven it became the root of all things chaos.

Probably the color. Fel looked cool, as it was green now purple is the new green?