Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well not anymore. Scaling kind of killed that and now the level squish hoisted the camel overhead, and brought its back down across the knee Bane style.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Well, at least this guy is not a bot like the other one,

But he seems quite rude
    No point arguing further, he's losing it in the Sylvanas thread aswell. He'll get his just dessert soon.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well not anymore. Scaling kind of killed that and now the level squish hoisted the camel overhead, and brought its back down across the knee Bane style.
    Yeah. The scaling is more the issue but doesn't remove the RPG factor, it just keeps you low on the list until your gear brings you up.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    No point arguing further, he's losing it in the Sylvanas thread aswell. He'll get his just dessert soon.
    Also, why is his post count so low? i recognise that avantar picture from weeks earlier

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Also, why is his post count so low? i recognise that avantar picture from weeks earlier
    Sock account.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Congratulations. You are flaming a user for pointing out an example that doesn't compare with the game.
    I'm pointing out that you are a fucking retard for not even understanding what I'm talking about. Do this world a favour and just leave.

Yeah. The scaling is more the issue but doesn't remove the RPG factor, it just keeps you low on the list until your gear brings you up.
    Well, it kind of does a bit if we're going by OP's logic, and I see it. It used to be after you reached a certain level, you were more powerful than anything in Westfall after having journeyed through there. Now? Doesn't matter, any time you go there you're not much more--well, actually with heirlooms, any zone one goes into they are God-like actually, so nevermind. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it kind of does a bit if we're going by OP's logic, and I see it. It used to be after you reached a certain level, you were more powerful than anything in Westfall after having journeyed through there. Now? Doesn't matter, any time you go there you're not much more--well, actually with heirlooms, any zone one goes into they are God-like actually, so nevermind. lol
    Well, before scaling, having the looms would make you 'godlike' by the fact you would one-shot everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkarra View Post
    I'm pointing out that you are a fucking retard for not even understanding what I'm talking about. Do this world a favour and just leave.
    You are pointing out nothing. You made an example, and I pointed out it did not compare. All you continue to do is rage and froth.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well, before scaling, having the looms would make you 'godlike' by the fact you would one-shot everything.
    Yeah, if anything heirlooms were the catalyst. I'm not sure how I feel, being a veteran player, I do enjoy the thought of leveling perks for alts. But again, in many ways it was the catalyst that derailed the leveling experience, not that Classic's leveling experience was a smooth and fun endeavor. If you did it once, the idea of repeating it was like burning diarrhea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, if anything heirlooms were the catalyst. I'm not sure how I feel, being a veteran player, I do enjoy the thought of leveling perks for alts. But again, in many ways it was the catalyst that derailed the leveling experience, not that Classic's leveling experience was a smooth and fun endeavor. If you did it once, the idea of repeating it was like burning diarrhea.
    I'd love to see a legacy system. Stop at level 100, and use points further in a legacy system that'll benefit your base characters from a certain level and up. And yes, the heirlooms really was a reward with a curse - monkey's paw?

You are pointing out nothing. You made an example, and I pointed out it did not compare. All you continue to do is rage and froth.
    Kill yourself.

I'd love to see a legacy system. Stop at level 100, and use points further in a legacy system that'll benefit your base characters from a certain level and up. And yes, the heirlooms really was a reward with a curse - monkey's paw?
    Yep, as with many new features, good idea in the present with ramifications for the long-term system.

Good RPGs should be about your character's stats developing. Look at games that take D&D as a basis. Stats like charisma that allow you to interact with NPCs in different ways.

The way a good RPG should work is this. You level up your character and in doing so increase your stats. This has a huge impact on whether you can defeat bosses or not. The way WoW works is much more like an action game. It is skill based. Every fight has things to move out of. Stand in this for too long and you are dead. This has bothered me for over a decade. Every time there is any kind of movement in a fight it annoys me greatly, not because I am incapable of moving out of it, but because it makes me think "I wanted to play an RPG, not an action game or jump and run".

In an RPG, whether I can survive a certain attack or not should depend on whether I have the right level, the right gear and the right stats. Like having the Onyxia cloak and having enough resistance.

That's how RPGs work. This is not an RPG. It's an action game.
    Are classes roles that you play? Has this game been out for more than a decade and people are still playing? Is this a trolling post? All signs point to yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good RPGs should be about your character's stats developing. Look at games that take D&D as a basis. Stats like charisma that allow you to interact with NPCs in different ways.

The way a good RPG should work is this. You level up your character and in doing so increase your stats. This has a huge impact on whether you can defeat bosses or not. The way WoW works is much more like an action game. It is skill based. Every fight has things to move out of. Stand in this for too long and you are dead. This has bothered me for over a decade. Every time there is any kind of movement in a fight it annoys me greatly, not because I am incapable of moving out of it, but because it makes me think "I wanted to play an RPG, not an action game or jump and run".

In an RPG, whether I can survive a certain attack or not should depend on whether I have the right level, the right gear and the right stats. Like having the Onyxia cloak and having enough resistance.

That's how RPGs work. This is not an RPG. It's an action game.
    Games can take aspects of multiple genres and put them together. WoW is an action RPG.

Without proper gear, and therefore stats, you won't survive Mythic bosses, or even heroic bosses. A lot of unavoidable damage happens in raids that you need proper HP levels to deal with. In this aspect, by your own admission, WoW is an RPG.

You basically want every fight to basically be tank and spank it seems, that would get real boring real fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, as with many new features, good idea in the present with ramifications for the long-term system.
    Scaling + level squish.. I'm a little worried though.

like a hybrid car isnt a pure electrical driven car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    like a hybrid car isnt a pure electrical driven car.
    Oh, no question about it, it is a hybrid indeed.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is a good role playing game. There is nothing role playing about stats and assigning stat points. That is a chain that games have stuck to because of D&D as the roots but more often then not they are hollow choices that don't to much but act is a dumb skill checks. WoW is a role playing game because it gives you a role to play in the story that Blizzard is telling.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good RPGs should be about your character's stats developing.
    Bullshit. Good RPGs are about engaging role-play and good history.

WoW's a carry over from Warcraft 3's Hero system, where stats are determined by equipment and level.