Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard disagree, Legion was great and i would rather do legion all over again than classic

I do find it astonishing that even with how 'non-complex' classic is, there are still players that I can tell really have no idea how to play their class and spec. I started vanilla on 11/23/04 and there were no guides, videos, etc. With all the research tools available for classes, encounters, quests, etc., there really is no excuse to being able to play a class at least marginally to it's capabilities.

On one hand, I agree. I've scratched my head on how bad many of the Classic people can be like I have to show them that pressing "M" brings up the map etc... on the other hand, it's that very train of thinking of "you should already watch all these videos/guides" that is killing the magic that people like you and I from 2004 didn't have which made it awesome to figure it out as we went. It's like someone going to see a new movie and we expect they've already watched exactly what happens in it and seen all spoilers. Kind of a catch 22 imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I do find it astonishing that even with how 'non-complex' classic is, there are still players that I can tell really have no idea how to play their class and spec. I started vanilla on 11/23/04 and there were no guides, videos, etc. With all the research tools available for classes, encounters, quests, etc., there really is no excuse to being able to play a class at least marginally to it's capabilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Stop torturing yourself by hating on WoW Classic.

Classic is a recruiting tool, not your competitor.

My son is 26 LOL and is rated 2500+ in Arena. And he has dozens of movies killing so called champs on Twitch with his rogue, Stagger

Yes he still plays Retail, but he agrees on all accounts.

Retail is no longer a basic recruiting game. Classic is.

For ONCE picture yourself in a position where you have to wade through 120 levels of hear say and a jungle of play mechanics. That is far more terrible than a bit grinding mobs and look out for your first horsie by playing the AH and selling Mats for 50 silver ...
    Not nit picking or trying to call you out - but I can't find any rogs named stagger that are anything but shit - you mind an armory link fam?

WoW just WoW.

Me and my son playing WoW again after 7 years for months now.

Forget nostalgic sentiments. This game is good and pretty much even better than when it launched.

I played WoW until 2012 constantly and yep Cataclysm killed the old world and its MMO feeling combined.

After months we still are 39 and play casually a few hours per week.

The simple fact we don’t have ANY pressure and knowing this will go on forever is breath taking. The idea of creating 19 twinks by running DM or SFK is just as compelling as getting to the last raids with endless characters and classes.

SURE sometimes I will go back to puzzling retail (with its too complicated diversity), but for a RETURNING recruiting tool this Classic thing simply can not be beaten frankly.

Best idea Blizzard had since Rob Pardo left.

Grtz to the current team.

10/10
    If i wanted to punch myself in the balls i can do that already ill pass on that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    BenBos used to make longwinded threads about how WoW absolutely sucked when he first joined MMOC.

Then a few years later he started claiming he was a shareholder at Blizzard and that this game was becoming the best game ever with every new expansion.

He continued to defend every new expansion that released despite it's heavy criticism. I recall how BenBos used to defend the WoD Garrison system as the best content ever and how it was even better than Wildstar housing.

Now BenBos has returned to proclaim that WoW Classic is the best game ever it seems.

BenBos Classic.

Personally I find BfA much more enjoyable than Classic.
    I THOUGHT I had remembered that name BenBos - nice <3

Remind me never to mess with Rochana lol, I can't even remember what I ate this morning

I also find BFA more enjoyable, but I still find LEG more enjoyable than BFA - I just hope 8.3 is solid and SLS is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    For some heavy casuals it probably is. But going down from 9 million different scanned characters to now roughly barely above 200k which probably means ~120k characters it just shows that classic was completely unnessecary but for some bad players that are not good enough for the most simple content in Retail.
    i dont know where those stats come from .... but from my gameplay experience i never had any problem atm to find grps for elite quests or dungeons or max level dungeons i have to many times wait for quest mobs to spawn because so many ppl are doing same quests and we have regular AV and WSG premades everyday. I dont know where you are getting those stats but classic population is booming

My son is 26 LOL and is rated 2500+ in Arena. And he has dozens of movies killing so called champs on Twitch with his rogue, Stagger

For ONCE picture yourself in a position where you have to wade through 120 levels of hear say and a jungle of play mechanics. That is far more terrible than a bit grinding mobs and look out for your first horsie by playing the AH and selling Mats for 50 silver ...
    if you play wow classic its not going to make you play retail, in fact it would mostly do the opposite as there is far more of a grind in classic than you do in retail, both versions of the game are just outdated and nothing can bring back players for long, current MMO games are just not interesting enough anymore.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    I humbly disagree
    1) Legion was released and i really enjoyed it, i'd rank it as equally good as vanilla imo, but it was at least new release
    2) Overwatch was released, and while blizz maintenance of the game and new release content is abysmal and made me feel disgust and hate it, at its release Overwatch was really good, just WHY did blizz release that tiny content?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Personally I find BfA much more enjoyable than Classic.
    i also don't play classic and played bfa only, but not because BFA is more enjoyable, but because i already played classic and know it
    I consider classic far superior than BFA (in fact, except WoD, any wow version is better), however i played classic
    I don't think i'll play wrath either even if it is the time i played the most in wow history, because i did everything i wanted to do
    Probably only exp i may replay again is Legion because i feel i missed a few stuff i wanted to do, i really thought i did all i wanted in Legion only to discover when i subbed again in BFA, that i missed a lot and i didn't notice -.-
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Couldn’t agree with poster above me more. Having played WoW since mid 2005 I have seen it practically all. I haven’t logged into my retail account in 5-6 weeks. Although I need to today or tomorrow get the Christmas presents. I pretty much only play Classic now and that’s only a few hours a week.
    Blizzard should really consider creating a new updated version of WoW, not just an expansion.
    Sure, people would have to leave all their old characters behind. But, everyone would have to do this.
    It is inherently risky though.

Very good joke sir.... 1/10 on your efforts. Keep it coming. troll. Off to ingore list you go
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2019-12-31 at 10:55 PM.

I find it haunting how badly the Cataclysm destroyed WoW. The timelines were forever out of sync ever since then and all the nostalgia was removed from the game. Classic feels great reliving old glory days; I've almost reached my second level 60.

First I want to make clear to you that WoW Classic is NOT a competitor to retail.

On the contrary it is a great re recruiting tool.

Secondly, your question is a good one, a great one even as it shows to me active retail players have no clue how closed this current version really is to new players OR returning players after 5-6 years.

I am quite sure you find retail better.

However it is not a question of how YOU feel as a retail player.

It is a question of how I feel after returning to it after 5-6 years of hardly touching WoW.

I feel overwhelmed by current 120 levels with so many mechanics that are put in that the atmosphere of an MMO is completely gone frankly.

The simple feeling of running down a road to Goldshire is replaced by 10.000+ ways to play and so a new or very old returning player is blown away by this. So much so that you “just play a video game” no longer an adventurous game.

I think I can describe Classic WoW as an adventure game where you can die even.

In retail I returned and had to relearn so many things after leaving for years I was put off by it all.

Just personal experience though.

But I guess it is a feeling that many express, hence your 40th time reading it.

Have fun in retail !
    I mean there's nothing complex about the game is my point. You can learn most of it in about 25 minutes of reading. I've played this game since vanilla, I have no issues with classic - but most of the complaints I see are seemingly from people that refuse to google.

The game is the same - you level up, you obtain gear, you do end-game content or whatever else you want to do. There aren't "many different ways to play."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Playing Retail at the CE level and Classic, I can tell you, Classic is the better game to me. And it would be to you if you were not so casual.
    But Classic is the more casual game of the two.

Classic the best blizzard game in seven years? I needed a good laugh to finish out the year. Thanks

I got bored of it within a month, so your claim is debatable.

Prefer FF14 over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    But Classic is the more casual game of the two.
    Retail is absolutely hardcore if you're a collector that's for sure...

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, classics pretty great. Especially if you have any kind of competitive spirit.

Retail such a bore outside of raids+mythics and the pvp system is just a broken mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I got bored of it within a month, so your claim is debatable.

Prefer FF14 over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Retail is absolutely hardcore if you're a collector that's for sure...
    Some of the most 'hardcore' content Classic has to offer is less difficult than what people consider to be borderline serious content in retail.

People really seem to get butt hurt over people fanboying over Classic on the Classic sub forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    People really seem to get butt hurt over people fanboying over Classic on the Classic sub forum.
    And vice versa.