Where do you hope to be by 2030?

As it is the start of a new decade where do you hope to be by the end of the next decade

I will be 36 in January 2030 , quite scary , hopefully I will be more progressed in life by then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Living someplace further north in California on ~20 acres that includes a decent fishing stream and some decent soil for grapes.

Rotting in the grave =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Living in Alaska or Montana on a few acres of land isolated with a workshop my wife, my kids and nothing but peace.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Rotting in the grave =D
    Probably will be me...I'm the older generation.

Happily married. Two kids. Maybe grandchildren by then.

Yelling at random kids to get off my lawn. Telling people about how good they have it "These days."

Guess hopefully alive.

35 right now but when I see the state of my health between now and 10 years ago then death is pretty mutch what awaits.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    As it is the start of a new decade where do you hope to be by the end of the next decade

I will be 36 in January 2030 , quite scary , hopefully I will be more progressed in life by then.
    Full dive VR.

Advances in biotechnology to reduce or end aging related illnesses.

Generation Z ushering in common sense conservativism.

Concepts like cultural appropriation/blackfishing/outrage culture and other aspects of political correctness die.

A stronger economy.

A stronger US military.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Probably will be me...I'm the older generation.
    If there's an afterlife and ghosts are a thing make a post to let us know what it's like over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    If there's an afterlife and ghosts are a thing make a post to let us know what it's like over there.
    I promise to do just that...*takes solemn vow*
    It'll probably be hell for me...but dammit, a promise is a promise!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I promise to do just that...*takes solemn vow*
    It'll probably be hell for me...but dammit, a promise is a promise!
    If there's supposedly evil poltergiests I'm sure they can give you a day pass to make a post letting us all know to lighten up on the hedonism before it's our turn haha.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still alive would be great. Not fearing death or what is beyond it, but there is a lot to enjoy in this life also.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Not everyone has a fulfilling journey.... some just find misery and pain.
    So i do not dare to imagine where I am in 10 years. It is pain now.

If I can beat my GAD and Phobia, and finally get another dog, then I see myself owning a house where I can also start up a business as a dog... not sure what it's called in English, but a kennel where people leave their dogs as they go on holiday...

Running a small scale operation of that + maybe fulfilling my dreams of becoming a registered breeder, is where I'd want to be in 10 years.
    But, I'd be happy if I could just get A dog. He'd be a male Rottweiler from top lines, and I'd name him Django.

In 2030 I will be 6 months from retirement from my current job. I doubt I will stop working then but being at the point of being able to walk away without a major loss will be a good feeling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the answer is more of everything good in 10 years. More knowledge, income/wealth, children, better tech, better art, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic-RaidLead View Post
    Advances in biotechnology to reduce or end aging related illnesses.
    Yeah health is the only hard thing to improve over the decades. :s

That needs to be our next Manhattan project.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a place surrounded by flames! No, not there ... there:

Or possibly:

You'll recognize that more easily with this hint:

As I said last year, the mood for a last adventure is getting stronger and those two are at the top of my list. I have friends in both places and while my initial inclination favored Mongolia, Azerbaijan has up based on several factors not least of which are cleaner air and getting to live on the coast again.

Professionally, I plan to keep teaching. I'd rather keep my mind active.

As far as health, it seems I'm probably going to be in good health, and since I've pretty well recovered from the injuries of 2017 I'll actually be in better shape.

Romantically? Hmmm ... although I'm told that Azerbaijan is fairly moderate I suspect Mongolia might have been better for dating.

vs.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well technically the decade doesn’t end till 2021
    I honestly hope I’ll be surrounded by love ones, or at peace as to what the state of the world is in