Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Good changes. It would be reasonable to balance SB around single target and DS around multi target cause SB in a multi target situation doesn't make sense at all.

now give back the healing.

and the purple explosion thing from the artifact trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmguitar View Post
    Since when is being immortal a problem? Lol. Warlocks have been broken and immortal since it's inception in Classic. Look at the current dueling tournament. Warlocks are at the top. This class design was created to be an immortal tank but do to dmg in a slow way and ramp up. That's the design.
    Warlocks have not been "immortal" for most of the history of wow. It's been squishy as fuck for most xpacs and very vulnerable to cleaves.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    aff has been sucking since WoD and the removal of snapshoting imo
    I couldn't have said it any better, thank you.
    Edit Signature.

Soul swap, instant shadowfury and no shard cost for seed.

please just give affliction back cata model. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It took them a full expansion to listen to everyone saying that SB > drain.

Also "everyone" lulz. I bet it tomorrow they remove Shadow Bolt in favor of Drain full time, you'd have torrents of tears here, so probably having both around is the best choice after all.
    I much prefer shadowbolt with an inevitable demise trait or two for life drain over drain soul. Channeled spell filler just feels super clunky in a game where you have to constantly move to avoid mechanics
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I much prefer shadowbolt with an inevitable demise trait or two for life drain over drain soul. Channeled spell filler just feels super clunky in a game where you have to constantly move to avoid mechanics
    Remember when we could cast WHILE moving, we also had an instant spammable spell. Either would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Remember when we could cast WHILE moving, we also had an instant spammable spell. Either would be great.
    Fel flame was the most beautiful thing ever. Totem Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Fel flame was the most beautiful thing ever. Totem Killer
    totem killer and dot refresher while you cant cast. god i love cata affliction!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    totem killer and dot refresher while you cant cast. god i love cata affliction!!!!!
    Yes dot refresh!

aff has been sucking since WoD and the removal of snapshoting imo
    Not just snapshotting. Haste breakpoints, pandemic being an us only thing. Drain soul execute.

Specs just changed so much it lost ALL of its charm. =[

i played Afflic from beginning of legion up through middle of tomb of sarg and it was a blast. i miss -that- incarnation of afflic.

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    i played Afflic from beginning of legion up through middle of tomb of sarg and it was a blast. i miss -that- incarnation of afflic.
    the problem with aff in legion was that it was the best at everything, and that just shouldnt work with pure DPS classes, you shouldnt have one spec be better than the other specs in 95% of the content

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Literally the opposite of this is true. Drain is far easier and less clunky on movement lol. There's a reason the vast majority of high end raiders preferred drain soul. It's just better to play with.

Shadow bolt doesn't even interact with the spec. It's just there, it doesn't do anything. You could not cast shadow bolt once and still high orange parse a fight.

A 50% buff to Drain Soul isn't going to make Affliction the best dps spec in the game. So no, it's not going back to "Legion Affliction".
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

15+ Year Old Account
    the problem with aff in legion was that it was the best at everything, and that just shouldnt work with pure DPS classes, you shouldnt have one spec be better than the other specs in 95% of the content
    That’s been warlock for every expansion except TBC. Then you had a world farming/PVP build in demonology. Arena build for SL/SL. Raiding build of shadow bolt 1 button rotation after T5.

Cataclysm and MOP were both pretty much cut in stone for any warlock build.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    A 50% buff to Drain Soul isn't going to make Affliction the best dps spec in the game. So no, it's not going back to "Legion Affliction".
    it wont even make it the best warlockspec

best afflic was mop

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    best afflic was mop
    Yeah I miss asking for external dps cds, hoping for trinketprocs on opener and spamming soulswap to extend buffed dots
    Oh yeah and just following an addon that tells me when to refresh my dots

the only cool part about mop aff was being far ahead of anyone else