7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    A generation is usually 40 years, it is officially defined as 100 years, but equally commonly seen as 20 years if you're currently under 40.

So depending on who wrote the line and script, a generation could be 20 or 40 or 100 years.

Not to mention a generation in the movie world context could be any number of years... don't force users live longer lives in general? or space humans? A generation yard stick might be different, though I doubt it is.
    Wikipedia defines it as 30 years. A generation is varied yes, but it isn't 100 as a generation is determined by how long to til reproduction average. How many 100 year olds do you see reproducing? Also, given that Star Wars year is the same as an Earth year (Coruscant year is 365 days and is used as the galactic standard). Also, Humans are the most plentiful species in Star Wars, so it is likely what is used to define a generation.

There are three types of generations. Given it is unlikely Obi-Wan was talking about Familial, it is either Biological (the one described above) or Societal which we have no measure for in Star Wars (these are things like Boomers, Millennials, etc).

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/generation
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...ish/generation
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2019-12-30 at 12:17 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    this is what im talking about

15+ Year Old Account
    Nicholas Cage would be dope as Revan.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Nicholas Cage would be dope as Revan.
    nicholas cage would be dope even as baby yoda

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw zero point in showing him without the mask, but whatever... kinda surprised they waited this long.

Also... STOP PUNCHING BABY YODA, YOU FUCKERS!! /shakesfist
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

that was a dope as fook first season
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Saw zero point in showing him without the mask, but whatever... kinda surprised they waited this long.
    to show what he look like?, pretty sure many people were curious about, i myself didn't look up for the actor to get the surprise
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-01-01 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    As is, I feel like one of the best things they could do would be to consign the new trilogy to legends status and build canon around the Mandalorian. I’m not an idiot, they obviously won’t do that, but the disjointed, creatively bankrupt new trilogy is the fart in the room here.
    I'd prefer they just open up Space a bit more and portray the events of the new trilogy (Resistance vs First Order) as an entirely regional thing that didn't impact on the lives of most star systems much. I haven't seen the new one yet, so not sure how much it drags the core worlds into things.

Mandalorean is in one area, First Order is in another. Even if they were similar timeframe, no reason they need to interact.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I haven't seen the new one yet, so not sure how much it drags the core worlds into things.
    It doesn't. It's almost all new planets, and they're mostly backwater.

5+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Coruscant etc gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Isn't Coruscant etc gone?
    Starkiller destroyed the Hosnian system, which apparently had the New Republic Senate and fleet and stuff. Not sure why they'd keep everything in one system, but meh. Coruscant is pretty far away, but is amusingly closer to Starkiller than Hosnian Prime is...

I would like to think that the New Republic could recover from losing a single system pretty quickly since manufacturing and stuff would be scattered, but it wasn't important to the movies (just the worlds slowest chase scene and untold numbers of hidden star destroyers).
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Just saw star wars 9... God how can they be so wrong with the movie when this show even if not perfect , proves that they know what star wars should be...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Starkiller destroyed the Hosnian system, which apparently had the New Republic Senate and fleet and stuff. Not sure why they'd keep everything in one system, but meh. Coruscant is pretty far away, but is amusingly closer to Starkiller than Hosnian Prime is...

I would like to think that the New Republic could recover from losing a single system pretty quickly since manufacturing and stuff would be scattered, but it wasn't important to the movies (just the worlds slowest chase scene and untold numbers of hidden star destroyers).
    To be fair, TROS didn't advance the time line any further than TLJ. Both happen within months of TFA. It can all be explained as people are still trying to come in terms with Hosnian to rebuild and mount a counter offense against the First Order.

Apparently the First Order hadn't established control over all of the New Republics territory yet - mostly due to time and logistics though. The Final Order was the last phase of the plan that would have 100% defeated the New Republic.

kind of puts the aftermath of TROS in a weird place...all of the Sith and Imperial cultist still remain. in universe history says its a bad idea to let them remain idle. Who knows what they might get into without a Sith to worship? Absolute chaos?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    that has been tossed around before, and maybe she is. i think Sabine's character and what we've seen so far of the Armorer don't match up.

but people do change, so maybe Sabine did too.
    She did say in one of the episodes that she worked her mando armor to fit her style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    so rumor has it that the success of Mando and the probable success of the Kenobi show are going to get us a Vader stand alone series...set obv between ep 3 and 4.

we can only hope
    I'd rather have a Vader/Emperor duo series based off Lords of the Sith.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Actually, yeah it did because more than Boba Fett was trashed. A LOT of really interesting characters were just thrown into a furnace and burned. Currently everything about the Old Republic is non-canon and that's the part that hurts the most.
    Not everything. Bane was made canon with Clone Wars and Revan soon after.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    She did say in one of the episodes that she worked her mando armor to fit her style.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather have a Vader/Emperor duo series based off Lords of the Sith.

- - - Updated - - -

Not everything. Bane was made canon with Clone Wars and Revan soon after.
    Revan wasn't made canon until The Rise of Skywalker and it's only his name used. There's no actual story about him yet aside from his name in passing in the Visual Dictionary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Revan wasn't made canon until The Rise of Skywalker and it's only his name used. There's no actual story about him yet aside from his name in passing in the Visual Dictionary.
    I'm like 70% sure that Revan was canon by name a few years back in one of the cartoons, probably Clone Wars. TROS named a bunch of other Sith Lords though.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm like 70% sure that Revan was canon by name a few years back in one of the cartoons, probably Clone Wars. TROS named a bunch of other Sith Lords though.
    Clone Wars was originally going to include Darth Revan as a force ghost but it was from an episode that was in early production when the series was cancelled.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Clone Wars was originally going to include Darth Revan as a force ghost but it was from an episode that was in early production when the series was cancelled.
    Looks like Filoni cut Revan in CW to appease Lucas. Before Disney bought SW. I expect to see/read more Revan before a KOTOR era movie.

Turned it off when baby yoda got whacked

Quote Originally Posted by AndreWright90 View Post
    Turned it off when baby yoda got whacked
    Human on Muppet violence is the worst.