Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think Boyega knows his time with Disney is done.
    which is too bad. i would have watched a finn/poe show
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Bit OT, but what exactly did he say?
    He made a joke about how Finn's way forward with Rey was open now that Kylo was dead, and that a relationship between Kylo and Rey would be abusive as fuck. That pissed off a bunch of the internet called....<checks notes> "Reylo" shippers who seem to be toxic idiots.

From what I can gather, these shippers are.....well, weird.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He made a joke about how Finn's way forward with Rey was open now that Kylo was dead, and that a relationship between Kylo and Rey would be abusive as fuck. That pissed off a bunch of the internet called....<checks notes> "Reylo" shippers who seem to be toxic idiots.

Thanks for the advanced explanation. I'd agree that the kiss was weird, but on the other side, felt natural. People take these things way to serious.

Edit: Happy new Year to y'all!

10+ Year Old Account

I mean, Rey and Ben had chemistry. Rey and Finn . . . not so much.

Was Rey and Ben's relationship in any respect healthy? Fuckno. If you thought there was a Happily Ever After in their cards, you were fooling yourself.

But seriously; the idea that a female character has to get with someone in the series is an idea that should just fucking die. It's not quite as bad for male characters, but it certainly applies there, too. It's fine for a character to be single and not meet anyone interesting while more important shit is going on, in pretty much every genre but romance and romantic comedies, and only not there because meeting that someone interesting is the "important shit going on". Shipping is as gross and unnecessary as all the thirsty male fans of shit who respond to any female presence with "show bob and vagene" and such. Stop pushing your fetishes on an undesiring public.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, Rey and Ben had chemistry. Rey and Finn . . . not so much.

Was Rey and Ben's relationship in any respect healthy? Fuckno. If you thought there was a Happily Ever After in their cards, you were fooling yourself.

But seriously; the idea that a female character has to get with someone in the series is an idea that should just fucking die. It's not quite as bad for male characters, but it certainly applies there, too. It's fine for a character to be single and not meet anyone interesting while more important shit is going on, in pretty much every genre but romance and romantic comedies, and only not there because meeting that someone interesting is the "important shit going on". Shipping is as gross and unnecessary as all the thirsty male fans of shit who respond to any female presence with "show bob and vagene" and such. Stop pushing your fetishes on an undesiring public.
    Yeah every movie should follow in the rocks lead and never have romance in films. More time for action ^^ I wonder why that is btw. Does he look weird kissing ladies with his big bald head and raised eye brow?

Plus that way you dont risk putting off the 12 year old boy market.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think Boyega knows his time with Disney is done.
    That was known when he said he was the cause behind the leak. Assuming that story was true, any company would let you go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Thanks for the advanced explanation. I'd agree that the kiss was weird, but on the other side, felt natural. People take these things way to serious.

Edit: Happy new Year to y'all!
    I'm not even sure the kiss was anything romantic. He just sacrificed his life for hers. Could have easily been a kiss of gratitude. Also his parents and Luke were basically her surrogates...I don't think the kiss is what made her feel like a Skywalker.

Happy New Year!!!!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    That was known when he said he was the cause behind the leak. Assuming that story was true, any company would let you go.
    He was the source of a script being found and almost sold on Ebay, it's not known who the source of the Jedi Paxis leaks was, but it doesn't make sense for them to be the same if the person wanted to make a profit off selling the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’d proudly say I’m a fan of batman and robin it’s an awful movie but awful in a great way, my favourite batman movie in fact.
    Batman and Robin is the perfect batman film if it came out just after the Adam West series ended. Seriously it's pretty much that era batman with a good budget.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Fuck off with this bullshit, Lucasfilm signed off on it, Lucas profited from it, the EU was canon. If your point of view is that the only things canonical are what Lucas deems canonical then the entire sequel trilogy and all of the Disney cartoons, books and comics are fan fiction too.
    Or we go by prior to Disney buyout what Lucas said about star wars was word of God. Aka what he said goes as with all ownwrs/creators. He said EU isn't canon then it isn't canon.

Post Disney buyout Disney gets 100% word of God on the issue as new owners and creators of what came out since. What they say is/isn't canon is the only ones who get to say.

(don't mistake canon for quality.)

For miniaturized Death Star tech that's super weak when we see the same miniaturized tech in the next movie destroy an entire planet.
    Sorry, not to nitpick too much, 'cause I agree with pretty much everything you are pointing out, but just wanted to note a difference in the lasers. For one, those Star Destroyers are 2400 meters long, so those underbelly Mini-Superlasers (axial superlaser) are substantially larger than the laser they brought to Crait, which was only 200m, and those axial superlasers would have access to a substantially larger power source within the hull of the Star Destroyer than the superlaser on Crait had.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    I really don't understand this obsession people have with "cannon" vs. "non-cannon". At the end of the day, these stories only exist in your head, and nothing is actually "cannon". Nothing is stopping you from going on with the notion that the Thrawn trilogy is "real" Star Wars, because in reality there is no Star Wars.
    Which is exactly what I'm doing. I'm choosing to ignore disney wars and look at it as a very high budget but very low quality what if storyline. That said I can still critique the movies which is what I'm doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Damn John Boyega has already achieved Harrison Ford levels of not giving a fuck.

Him pissing off the shippers makes me like him more Finn was by far the best of the new characters already also can cancel culture get itself canceled already the cringe in those replies is terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Or we go by prior to Disney buyout what Lucas said about star wars was word of God. Aka what he said goes as with all ownwrs/creators. He said EU isn't canon then it isn't canon.

Post Disney buyout Disney gets 100% word of God on the issue as new owners and creators of what came out since. What they say is/isn't canon is the only ones who get to say.

(don't mistake canon for quality.)
    When Lucas handed over Star Wars to Disney and Kathleen Kennedy he called the EU a "treasure trove" of material that they expected to be the source of many movies to come, with Kennedy vowing to protect that material. So while Lucas always said the EU wasn't his story, and Lucasfilm noted Lucas wasn't bound by the EU when creating the prequels, I don't think Lucas ever said "it's not canon", and it's clear he expected Disney to keep the EU and his characters as they were.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Shippers are very weird there is basically a cult like megagroup of them that ship sam and dean together from supernatural it's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Shippers are very weird there is basically a cult like megagroup of them that ship sam and dean together from supernatural it's weird.
    Aren't those characters brothers?

Boyega is out because he is probably sick of playing the glorified jar jar binks of the sequels. It feels like half his lines in RoS were shouting "Rey!". They essentially cast 2 people in the role of Han Solo stand-in because Poe was originally supposed to die but they kept him around anyway because they liked the character. Because of that Fin never turned into the swashbuckler type after overcoming his anxiety and instead was shoved into the role of comedic relief in VIII and got the handbag-holder treatment in IX.

Half his character's motivation in the first movie was chasing rey's pussy, same for the second. You could probably argue the same for the third, but it's obvious that alot of plot got left on the cutting room floor. The writers never bothered to resolve that plot in any of the 3 movies, because even Johnson's shoe-horned replacement in the form of Rose Tico never went anywhere put a final nail in the "underdog romance". Certainly not with the non-existent chemistry between rose and fin. Then he just became the puppy that trudges after her in IX and if you've seen some of the interviews with him it's obvious that he didn't enjoy that role by the end. Seeing his twitter posts just confirms this to me, the guy doesn't want be pigeonholed into the soyboy role and forever be the butt-end of all jokes.

- - - Updated - - -

That has never stopped those degenerates. Some of the shit they post on twitter, especially about Driver's wive, is really vile as well. These guys live in their own dream worlds where the screen charcters need to also be into one another IRL.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    When Lucas handed over Star Wars to Disney and Kathleen Kennedy he called the EU a "treasure trove" of material that they expected to be the source of many movies to come, with Kennedy vowing to protect that material. So while Lucas always said the EU wasn't his story, and Lucasfilm noted Lucas wasn't bound by the EU when creating the prequels, I don't think Lucas ever said "it's not canon", and it's clear he expected Disney to keep the EU and his characters as they were.
    Then Kennedy promptly forgot 40 years worth of Star Wars literature existed. Like, that's on "Daenerys forgot about the Iron Fleet" levels of stupid.

I enjoyed the film. Too overstuffed but Ridley and Driver were good and it had some great moments.

FX and sound were truly extraordinary.

And now you understand why it's very freaking weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Then Kennedy promptly forgot 40 years worth of Star Wars literature existed. Like, that's on "Daenerys forgot about the Iron Fleet" levels of stupid.
    Jarjar Abrams isn't able to work with a product where he can't just scatter mystery boxes it's fairly obvious it was decanonized because they didn't want to work around the EU due to laziness.

- - - Updated - - -

I just figured out how to describe the sequel trilogy it's a fanfiction blend of Twilight and the OT. You have the super special girl and the brooding rebel against authority replacing Luke and Vader respectively and then the overall structure is pretty much the same as the OT right down to ending with Vader I mean Kylo dying and redeeming himself . Maybe next time they can cross it with Independence Day and everyone can die instead.

Remember, it's the Star Wars fans who hated the new trilogy, and called it out for being the heaping pile of shit it is, that is supposedly toxic according to journos and certain narratives.
    Bogeya turned out to be a pretty based lad after all.

Ah. The cycle continues and people who are concerned about "toxicity" magically shut the fuck up when it comes from people they agree with.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Lucas said a ton of times that he didn’t read the Eu and that he didn’t know any thing about it and he saw it as an alternate universe there’s no way he expected them to keep to it when he didn’t even know what was in it.

- - - Updated - - -

The EU wasn’t forgotten it was moved away from as it was mostly hot garbage that locked them into a ton of nonsense they have been pulling good things(and some bad) from the EU None stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    And now you understand why it's very freaking weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Jarjar Abrams isn't able to work with a product where he can't just scatter mystery boxes it's fairly obvious it was decanonized because they didn't want to work around the EU due to laziness.
    They ripped a ton of this movie right out of the EU decolonizing it makes no sense if it’s just to be lazy as it’s more work to try and make the world work and pull stuff from it instead of just leaving the EU as canon.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-01-01 at 02:34 PM.