Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'm gonna be "that ghetto" guy and say I've nothing but praise for Little Caesar's $5 pizza pies. At least the one I go to is always fresh, cheap, and quick and is about as healthy as Papa Johns.

I get that when I'm hungry and I don't give a damn what I eat.
    That's not exactly what I would call "nothing but praise".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Papa Johns is delicious what are you people smoking
    did you set your taste buds on fire? even little ceasars is better than papa fails.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's not exactly what I would call "nothing but praise".
    oh go eat digiorno
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    oh go eat digiorno
    I'm just saying...Nothing but praise sounds closer to "You can't eat a better pizza" than "It's better than digiorno"

I'm just saying...Nothing but praise sounds closer to "You can't eat a better pizza" than "It's better than digiorno"
    choke on the crust
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

To be fair, he may not have eaten the entire pizza every time. May have just took a few bites of each to reinforce his belief that the pizza just doesn't taste as good anymore.
    It reminds me of that youtube get rich quick swindler (the "here in my garage" guy) who would say over and over again that he read a book a day.

Then he got called on it so much he narrowed it down to he skim reads a book a day, which already is about as useful as reading the synopsis for a movie and pretending you understand it.

Then he went even lower still and said he didn't skim read it, he payed someone else to skim read it, then that person would tell him what it was about.

This translates into "i read a book a day!" in his mind. Theres one small nugget of how his mind works, so when he tells you he has 4 lamborghinis in his garage, its probably more that he has had 4 lamborghinis in his garage, all of them leases / day rent and also the garage isn't his, thats also a day rent.

If it smells like bullshit...

10+ Year Old Account
    Papa John's pizza is terrible. Tried one last year and threw it in the trash.

I think it was like eating cardboard if I remember.

His new year resolution is to beat his record of 40 pizzas in 30 days. I don't understand what the endgame is here, maybe to challenge Shaq to a pizza eating contest?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6wQ5U0lDXD/

I'm pretty sure no amount of pizza binging is going to make him CEO again. Then again I don't really understand how it all works anyways. Maybe if he eats enough pizza and believes hard enough he'll become the living embodiment of grease and cheese. They'd be fools not to take him back then.

I rarely order pizza. I can make them much better than any chain restaurant, but when I did order I loved Pizza hut's stuffed cheese crust. That was delicious even though i'm sure it was unhealthy. Other crusts like Jim's and Papa Johns always taste mediocre and that always pissed me off. I like eating the entire pizza, and not discarding the crust.

Reading the comments, what amazes me is how badly stores can screw up pizza. I used to work at a pizza restaurant and they always used timers and the exact same settings for each pizza, with recipes that never change. It's very difficult to screw up when you use the same recipe multiple times.

Anyway, I do enjoy looking for mom and pop pizza places whenever I travel, because I bet some of them are going to be a hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Taste is very subjective. We'd be here for decades arguing over what pizzas taste good. I can't stand most vegetables on my pizza. Olives and mushrooms being the worst. Same goes for brands of pizza as well.

Off topic I pass an unos on my way to work every day. I should try it.
    mushroom and spinach with alfredo/asiago cream sauce is my favorite.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    papa john's pizza was never good.
    This.

At least the one we have in our town is just,. terrible.

A pizza with close to no tomato sauce.
    And the garlic sauce on the side is runny and yellow. YELLOW,. what the actual...

Add to that the delivery guy took 3 hours. When I can get there in 15 minutes by bicycle.
    Yeah,. not ordering there ever again.

I once went to santorini, near the east coast - there is an amazing. AMAZING pizza place there.
    forgot the name, sorry,.. but they had a stone oven baked pizza and it tasted divine.
    thin crust, obvious hand made with flour and charcoal. lots of cheese and ham. I'd go there again just for the pizza.
    Last edited by bbr; 2020-01-02 at 06:55 PM.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    The Papa's I order from actually isn't too bad and is priced cheaper than most of the other competitors if you factor in their coupons that are available virtually every day except like Friday and Saturday.

That being said it's about 5th or 6th on my list if ranking which ones I like strictly by taste. Some of these are regional/local so may not ring a bell but I prefer: LaRosa's, Jets, Marco's, Uno's and Donato's to name a few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokk View Post
    The Papa's I order from actually isn't too bad and is priced cheaper than most of the other competitors if you factor in their coupons that are available virtually every day except like Friday and Saturday.

That being said it's about 5th or 6th on my list if ranking which ones I like strictly by taste. Some of these are regional/local so may not ring a bell but I prefer: LaRosa's, Jets, Marco's, Uno's and Donato's to name a few.
    there is a jet's near us too.....

Papa Johns is pretty mediocre now, but it was really quite good in the late 90s and early 00s. Back then they were definitely a tier above any other chain in terms of food quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Papa Johns is alright people are exaggerating. No it's not as good as more authentic stuff but its chain pizza you know what you're in for. That said it's too expensive for what it is so I'll always opt for Dominos or Lil Caesars if I'm in the mood quick pizza

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    thank god pizza hut and dominos have stepped their game up in that past 6 years.
    Gimme Pizza Hut over Dominos any day. The local one is awesome here, not sure of elsewhere. Love them sausage stuffed crusts.