Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And their later posts are even more aggressive to the point, that the OP in one post issued one of those threats to another poster.. Be a case of they don't like being challenged, and as such they lash out..
    Mods sure don't seem to be in a hurry to deal with him, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Sock account.
    It would be nice if MMO-Champ could IP ban this dbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkarra View Post
    Good RPGs should be about your character's stats developing. Look at games that take D&D as a basis. Stats like charisma that allow you to interact with NPCs in different ways.

The way a good RPG should work is this. You level up your character and in doing so increase your stats. This has a huge impact on whether you can defeat bosses or not. The way WoW works is much more like an action game. It is skill based. Every fight has things to move out of. Stand in this for too long and you are dead. This has bothered me for over a decade. Every time there is any kind of movement in a fight it annoys me greatly, not because I am incapable of moving out of it, but because it makes me think "I wanted to play an RPG, not an action game or jump and run".

In an RPG, whether I can survive a certain attack or not should depend on whether I have the right level, the right gear and the right stats. Like having the Onyxia cloak and having enough resistance.

That's how RPGs work. This is not an RPG. It's an action game.
    Congratulations.
    Took you long enough to realize.

Now, why are you still playing again?

I can't imagine having more fun than watching my X stat hit Y value and suddenly I am god. Such deep gameplay. Also, standing still casting 2 spells with 3 sec cast times. MMM.
    Such engaging gameplay.

You are a decade behind in general game design. Not just in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Congratulations.
    Took you long enough to realize.

Now, why are you still playing again?

I can't imagine having more fun than watching my X stat hit Y value and suddenly I am god. Such deep gameplay. Also, standing still casting 2 spells with 3 sec cast times. MMM.
    Such engaging gameplay.

You are a decade behind in general game design. Not just in WoW.
    The whole point of the OP was to make a controversial post to stir shit up, he has been toxic in every post of is and as soon as mods come back from vacation that account of his will be burned, least until he makes another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    OP is a cunt pass it on.
    be careful even post against guys like this will catch you a ban on these forums, he is not worth it.

Good RPGs should be about your character's stats developing. Look at games that take D&D as a basis. Stats like charisma that allow you to interact with NPCs in different ways.

The way a good RPG should work is this. You level up your character and in doing so increase your stats. This has a huge impact on whether you can defeat bosses or not. The way WoW works is much more like an action game. It is skill based. Every fight has things to move out of. Stand in this for too long and you are dead. This has bothered me for over a decade. Every time there is any kind of movement in a fight it annoys me greatly, not because I am incapable of moving out of it, but because it makes me think "I wanted to play an RPG, not an action game or jump and run".

In an RPG, whether I can survive a certain attack or not should depend on whether I have the right level, the right gear and the right stats. Like having the Onyxia cloak and having enough resistance.

I'll tackle this from a D&D perspective. For reference, I design and publish RPG content for 5e, Pathfinder, and PF2 (won't share, as no advertising, but you're welcome to look up Samurai Sheepdog on your own time, we have WoW conversions). Anyway, D&D Combat isn't static, either, unless you consider going turn-by-turn static. There is movement, each round, and in a good combat (usually the equivalent of boss fights), there are things to move away from or out of.

If you find your D&D character standing in a grease spell or darkness, do you not try to move out to avoid reflex saves/miss chance, respectively? When in a room of swinging axes or pit falls, do you not have to travel around them to reach your destination? If you haven't been in at least one combat that is more than "I move up and hit it. Next round, I hit it again," you're missing out.

And then there's the interaction with other characters/npcs. Imagine in D&D that when you play, the only people you interact with are those who exist in the world. In truth, for every random person you approach with a Diplomacy check or try to steal from as a rogue is the same as a WoW npc who is interactive.

Finally, stat increase. In D&D you have 6 ability scores that only increase every so often (between 4 and 5 levels, depending on the system). In actuality, your progression is controlled through the distribution of equipment and the level of your character's class(es). In 5e (and PF2, somewhat), you have a static proficiency that increases each level for everything regardless of your class (more like WoW). In Pathfinder, you have varied bonuses to attacks, saves, and sometimes other abilities or skills (more like traditional/original RPGs). In WoW, your progression, as of I think Mists (maybe WoD) is constant on your character, so two level 100 warriors in nothing with grey weapons are identical in all but basic stats (a tauren would beat a human because he's "stronger" and deals more damage). Your progression is tied to your armor, picking up uncommon items for stat bonuses (like a belt of giant strength) or rare and epic equipment with special abilities (like a flaming sword or a holy avenger).

It's all in how you perceive it. Hell, if you break it down to code, there are even still turns in WoW, because timers exist that prevent you from doing some things more frequently than others. The "action" part of it comes into play when you consider your skill and how reactive you are to the environment. Just like using stealth to get past a set of guards (this has been a big RPG piece for a while now with some quests/scenarios), you have to be ready with your initiative should they catch you.

I'll keep an eye on the thread in case there's more I can offer in good conversation. Have a Happy New Year.

15+ Year Old Account

Whut?!!?

Lolz /thread

Curious, OP, what edition are you playing? When did you start D&D, and are you familiar with other editions?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that threads go better without the flaming and death threats. Don't you agree? Closing.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)