Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Ah, so make every class more or less functionally the same, thus creating boring and unengaging combat. That must be why all the specs in the game these days amount to filler/builder/spender with a long CD/Short CD and mobility ability, with a utility ability. That's also why all Azerite basically amounts to increases x by y for your relative stat.
    No, much more similar than that. 36 copies of the exact same abilities, only differing in name and animation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Ah, so make every class more or less functionally the same, thus creating boring and unengaging combat. That must be why all the specs in the game these days amount to filler/builder/spender with a long CD/Short CD and mobility ability, with a utility ability. That's also why all Azerite basically amounts to increases x by y for your relative stat.
    And that was not how specs always worked? They didn't have fillers/spenders, long/short CD's, mobilities and utilities?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And that was not how specs always worked? They didn't have fillers/spenders, long/short CD's, mobilities and utilities?
    They did not, actually. As an example, Warlocks didn't get any sort of DPS cooldown until MoP. Most specs had their own thing that they did and it really wasn't analogous to most of the things that other specs did.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    They did not, actually. As an example, Warlocks didn't get any sort of DPS cooldown until MoP. Most specs had their own thing that they did and it really wasn't analogous to most of the things that other specs did.
    Demo locks already got Meta. And what about other classes? Was there more not-haves, than haves?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Demo locks already got Meta. And what about other classes? Was there more not-haves, than haves?
    I'm not sure what you mean by not-haves and haves. Every spec had its own thing and did things in its own way.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you mean by not-haves and haves. Every spec had its own thing and did things in its own way.
    I'm arguing with a guy, who claims that specs having "filler/builder/spender with a long CD/Short CD and mobility ability, with a utility ability" is a new thing.

I'm arguing with a guy, who claims that specs having "filler/builder/spender with a long CD/Short CD and mobility ability, with a utility ability" is a new thing.
    It's relatively new. It got its start in Cataclysm, but it's been increasing over time and really noticeably ramped up in Legion and BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's relatively new. It got its start in Cataclysm, but it's been increasing over time and really noticeably ramped up in Legion and BFA.
    So, majority of it's life time then.

So, majority of it's life time then.
    not really, about half and half. And people have been complaining about it for as long as it's been progressing. To the point that even blizz seems to be reverting some changes.

not really, about half and half. And people have been complaining about it for as long as it's been progressing. To the point that even blizz seems to be reverting some changes.
    Cata was well before the midpoint. That'd be closer to MoP.

Besides, people have been complaining about class direction in WoW for about 15 years now. That doesn't mean anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    So still not recent. And they have been complaining, that classes got more tools? I heard the opposite (OMG PRUUUNE). And no, they are not reverting it. Quite the contrary, they are bringing back lock curses, making poisons available for all rogue specs etc.

So still not recent. And they have been complaining, that classes got more tools? I heard the opposite (OMG PRUUUNE). And no, they are not reverting it. Quite the contrary, they are bringing back lock curses, making poisons available for all rogue specs etc.
    ...That's exactly what I've been saying. Did we get some wires crossed somewhere?

7+ Year Old Account
    ...That's exactly what I've been saying. Did we get some wires crossed somewhere?
    Maybe, I kept talking about complaints of having to much CD's, utility etc. on each spec.

Not sure we are still talking about beta or what not but i expect the following in warcraft related news.

BWL = 15th march/feb ish Alpha = 1.5 months-2 months later so late april early may or late may early june, release close to blizzcon probably 25th orctober.

I really hope OW 2 will release this year, but i expect it to release like in a year or so.

I am somehow looking forwards to Wc3 reforged.

And BFA is the first expansion where i get burnt out without even touching the expansion :S

I blame no account wide essences.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole forum is cracking me up.

We have no alpha/beta test open to the public. The game won't be out for at least 6 months. We've gotten little more information than what we got at Blizzcon . . .

And yet we still get daily threads on how much Shadowlands is going to suck. Like . . . can we at least wait until the expac is in Beta or, better yet, released, and actually played first?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

We have no alpha/beta test open to the public. The game won't be out for at least 6 months. We've gotten little more information than what we got at Blizzcon . . .

And yet we still get daily threads on how much Shadowlands is going to suck. Like . . . can we at least wait until the expac is in Beta or, better yet, released, and actually played first?
    Yeah, it's completely insane.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

That's the results of the Holiday Season imo. A lot of people are off work thus we have more people with more free time on their hands than usual, pair that up with people being off from work also including Blizzard employees and thus not a lot of ground-breaking news to be coming out and we have this whole situation.

Aka more people off from work -> more free time to post on forums -> less employees at work to disseminate news.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    People will start expecting Alpha after Mythic launch. Imo any date between late January and even May is possible (I assume they plan to release expansion in October or November and testing would last at least 6 months), maybe we will even go through PTR for small 8.3.5 before Alpha.

But if I had to bet, I would pick February. Alpha is also hype generator after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    )maybe we will even go through PTR for small 8.3.5 before Alpha.
    I'm still holding out for a last pair of Allied Races in that patch, then maybe some Pandaren equivalent neutral AR for the "vacation" patch in the 9.X cycle that takes us back to Azeroth for a while.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I'm still holding out for a last pair of Allied Races in that patch, then maybe some Pandaren equivalent neutral AR for the "vacation" patch in the 9.X cycle that takes us back to Azeroth for a while.
    If anything I would expect Light Undead for Horde and something more or less unique for Alliance (mirror race for Vulpera). And after Ion's comment about High Elves I got impression that they don't want to repeat "neutral" race ever again.

And I would go different route for last patch. Instead of small 8.3.5 on Spring, I would delay it to mid Summer, but with
    1) Last 2 Allied Races
    2) Some small shit like new content for Timewalking
    3) Account-wide essences
    4) Bridge questline between BfA and SL
    5) Level squish.

Let's face it - first weeks of level squish will be buggy as hell. No one will bother to test it on PTR/Beta and they wouldn't catch all bugs anyway.

But midway between 8.3 and 9.0, where most people take breaks, is best time to polish it. There will be much less people that during pre-patch, but enough for decent test sample. Especially when last two races would encourge people to redo leveling (+ we would have people who didn't got Beta that would start between ~May-July).

And it doesn't really collide with class changes for 9.0, they would just cut level requirement for spells in half, right now we get them on levels 1-100.