Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Are you confused by the very basic language used? Or the extremely simple concept put forward?
    I'm confused why you would state such untrue things.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I did not know that your experience was to be taken as a generality. The classic folks are really interesting.
    Well, first off, we have to remember the OP started the thread with zero evidence of his claim. I in contrast, provided both a specific example (Mara group) and a general example (only 2 bad groups across 3 characters) that are evidence of non-toxicity in Classic.

While your milage may vary, for a variety of reasons including your personal attitude, when you factor in how many random runs I have pugged and how much time I have spent in game on 3 toons the fact that I have come across very little toxicity suggests the OP, who again was clearly baiting people, is full of crap.

Imagine that guy who is comfortable doing 18+ coming across Specialka in a +10 but with Specialka's attitude. "OMG. Look at this fucking scrub. Why is he even in a +10. I better tell him how to play his class. Now that is done I better make a post on mmo-c about how it's unacceptable that people of different skill levels are doing the same content".

It is not, people are toxic

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    Well, first off, we have to remember the OP started the thread with zero evidence of his claim. I in contrast, provided both a specific example (Mara group) and a general example (only 2 bad groups across 3 characters) that are evidence of non-toxicity in Classic.

While your milage may vary, for a variety of reasons including your personal attitude, when you factor in how many random runs I have pugged and how much time I have spent in game on 3 toons the fact that I have come across very little toxicity suggests the OP, who again was clearly baiting people, is full of crap.
    In addition, many of the claims are fake or are retail people trying to make classic sound bad in retaliation for it drawing some of their players away.

And some of the claims are hardly substantiated. Someone sees 1 person say something and paints the entire population with the same brush.

I'm kinda baffled how people keep saying Classic community is somehow better than in retail. I've seen zero toxic behaviour in retail for like, whole BfA. Yea, very much because player interaction is quite minimal compared to Classic, but still. No toxicity.

Can't say the same about Classic. Seeing/meeting dicks there almost every time I log in and do something with people outside of my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Seeing/meeting dicks there almost every time I log in and do something with people outside of my guild.
    Try some self-reflection, maybe you are at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I say both are extremely toxic (except for the graceful few who simply play & enjoy the game).

Although I find some purists soo toxic & elitists to the point where it's not even funny. Someone was telling me that i can't go to onyxia because i didn't have enchanted gear. (keep in mind I was wearing BiS mostly epic gear).

that kind of behavior is extremely toxic for pve content that is soo easy u just have to spam 1 button to kill it.
    Easily 90%+ of the time, that's someone looking for a carry and wanting people who over-gear to compensate for themselves.

In the rest of the mmo communities wow in general is looked at as pretty toxic all around. It only takes a few pugs to see why.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Try some self-reflection, maybe you are at fault.
    Was going to say the same thing, but to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Was going to say the same thing, but to you.
    No, you were not going to. Not at all.

Some people are extremely toxic, and they overshade the rest. Some others are super friendly, and the rest are just neutral, minding their own business.
    a new guy joined my guild and we gave him 50 gold, bags, and a weapon. We pretty much made a new friend and a raider now, since he went form lvl 1 to lvl 40 in 2 weeks. We just love helping people.

Yesterday, I made a shaman in faerlina, because I wanted to try horde. I asked for a bag in the World chat and found 2 nerds yelling to ban me from the chat. Luckily, the admin was not toxic enough to ban me. Still, nobody cared enough to give me a gold coin to train my skills or a bag.

I wonder if people calling Classic's community toxic is just a thing on this board alone, because I rarely see it anywhere else (Reddit, official forums, social media comments). This site for some reason has an extreme hatred towards Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I wonder if people calling Classic's community toxic is just a thing on this board alone, because I rarely see it anywhere else (Reddit, official forums, social media comments). This site for some reason has an extreme hatred towards Classic.
    This.

While I do like this place (say for a couple things), I see a lot of exaggeration on how toxic Classic is. It's also the only forum where I've seen a few people say FFXIV isn't toxic, though I believe wholeheartedly that they're trolling.

I get it, the culture is different in most any forum but when people are obviously lying because they want to feel like they're participating in a discussion....

because games like WoW are full with irl losers who take their game way too serious since they spend half their life in azeroth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    The same doesn't seem to apply to the retail community and its the same game after all.
    If anything, the retail community is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Can confirm.

There is a clique of posters who run this board together with Moderators who are their best buddies. They have an extreme hate against WoW Classic and the Classic community.

So-called Moderators are extremely biased in favor of Retail and Retailers and extremely hostile towards Classic players. Every time I post here they give me an "infraction" with no explanation. It's ridiculous.

Don't post here if you love WoW Classic. Post in Reddit.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

So far level 40 I havent seen much of that. Some people are even over polite...So yea.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    If anything, the retail community is worse.
    How? I haven't seen any toxicity in retail for a long time. In Classic though, all kinds of scammers and ninja looters run wild.

Though it's also the same for the opposite. Haven't had that much specially positive experiences in retail either, it's pretty bland, while in Classic you often meet nice new people etc.

But if we're purely talking about the toxic side, Classic definitely has more of it.
    Last edited by Jurwi; 2020-01-03 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Can confirm.

There is a clique of posters who run this board together with Moderators who are their best buddies. They have an extreme hate against WoW Classic and the Classic community.

So-called Moderators are extremely biased in favor of Retail and Retailers and extremely hostile towards Classic players. Every time I post here they give me an "infraction" with no explanation. It's ridiculous.

Don't post here if you love WoW Classic. Post in Reddit.
    Sad but true