Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Firstly all she has done for Quel'thalas. That's the whole reason she goes and joins the humans anyway, it'st o stop the threat to her homeland, and save her home planet, directly becuase of the love for her people.

And it's clear on her return she still loves her people though she doesn't agree with their political choices. They banish her, and she still refuses to give up on her. AS a blood elf, you may not agree with her choices, but you have to respect and revere her at least as a hero of your people.
    She negates the bolded with every action she took the moment she got back.

If a hero of my people paraded around talking about how great my enemies were while using a power that could destroy the center of my society, she would no longer be a hero of my people.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post

If a hero of my people paraded around talking about how great my enemies were while using a power that could destroy the center of my society, she would no longer be a hero of my people.
    Your assumptions. She just did what had to be done.

to be fair. Most the common folk likely don't care much about the cosmic issues of light vs void. Really, outside the devout religious types most might not care or know about the side effects of "void touched" beings. But yeah, depending on how the story of her touching the sunwell was spun she might have lost a lot of would be supporters pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I am sure Sunwell had to be corrupted so that your spiritual liege can look even more heroic when he "saves" Silvermoon.

Obv, since you horde can watch for yourselves. You have to be babysit all the time by the Alliance.

apparentl learning recent history wasn't not included in things that had to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    apparentl learning recent history wasn't not included in things that had to be done.
    She learnt just enough to know that the horde needs to be babysit and should not be trusted with powerful magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria splashing in the sunwell, corrupting it "You just don't understand me! Reee!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    to be fair. Most the common folk likely don't care much about the cosmic issues of light vs void. Really, outside the devout religious types most might not care or know about the side effects of "void touched" beings. But yeah, depending on how the story of her touching the sunwell was spun she might have lost a lot of would be supporters pretty quick.
    I mean you know that the fact that Alleria and her moronic followers use powers that endager the Sunwell was spread by Rommath the moment Alleria fled Silvermoon

- - - Updated - - -

She learnt just enough to know that the horde needs to be babysit and should not be trusted with powerful magic.
    even if her line of thinking was "Horde can't be trusted with powerful magic so Im going to corrupt the center of my race's culture" She'd still be a moron.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Alleria splashing in the sunwell, corrupting it "You just don't understand me! Reee!"

- - - Updated - - -

I mean you know that the fact that Alleria and her moronic followers use powers that endager the Sunwell was spread by Rommath the moment Alleria fled Silvermoon

- - - Updated - - -

even if her line of thinking was "Horde can't be trusted with powerful magic so Im going to corrupt the center of my race's culture" She'd still be a moron.
    Accident happens, even to the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Accident happens, even to the best.
    They happen especially often to morons who think they know better than others. And it just happens that alleria is one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

"I know best!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They happen especially often to morons who think they know better than others. And it just happens that alleria is one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

"I know best!!!"
    Still know better than most horde characters xD! That is what is hilarious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Which is why she was running from silvermoon leaving trail of dust?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes, all to be said about how quickly this "argument" of yours devolved
    Holy shit lol

Yikes, all to be said about how quickly this "argument" of yours devolved
    I am just putting my "argument" at the same level that most of the posters of the lore section.

But she didn't learn that Vereesa helped in the whole sale slaughter of her own people. She didn't learn of how... of 7 human kingdoms... why did all but 1 fall or leave? What happened to the royal line of Quel'thalas?

Nevermind about who should control powerful magic, Alleria should have learned some basic shit about her own damn country.

- - - Updated - - -

NOW we know that. We also know they aren't entirely stable (not sure how much of the void elf antics we see in game are just jokes or canon lore.....) and some of them are outright terrible about how they handle shit. Would love a few takes on how various parties respond to some of Umbric's antics.

- - - Updated - - -

not really... it's not saying much when the lore goes out of it's way to keep killing off or removing horde characters of any worth and shoving non-horde characters into positions because they vacated too many positions.

This xpac we saw them jettison 3 horde leadership characters from the story to shoehorn this re-hash of "Warchief bad cause reasons" storyline. Horde didn't even have 5 named faction leaders at the start of this... they had to bring back a LITERAL ghost and pull another out of retirement!

Alleria was ruined by the void elf thing. It's entirely appropriate they wanted to develop her past just being Turalyon's hot elf squeeze, but there are plenty of more interesting ways they could have gone about it that wouldn't trash on the character as it was already established. This has happened with a lot of lore across the game though. Warcraft, much like Star Wars, is suffering the natural consequences of a story that has been told for entirely too long. In order to keep the story "fresh" writers feel the need to take characters and plot points in directions that clash with what was established previously. There is a way to do it, but it isn't easy to do well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Pretty sure we'll see more Alleria/Turalyon/Arator development whenever they do the LightxVoid expansion.
    This is exactly the issue with Alleria. She's nothing like her WC2 self, she is just hot-elf-chick-with-a-human-boytoy #205838460 now, they even had to give her the whole void thing to differentiate her somehow from her equally tepid sister Vereesa (btw, a RANGER dealing with cosmic powers? Wtf blizz, I had thought that an undead banshee was more than enough).
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2020-01-01 at 10:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

You're letting your bias show. Besides, what makes you so sure Arator is a retcon rather than an addition that fleshes out a character quite alot?

Can you prove he is a retcon?
    Because he was never mentioned prior to his appearance in bc at all, despite multiple internal monologues about family etc. his doting parents didn't waste a single thought on him, now compare it with the new outlook and their motivation, Arator is written as being constantly in the center of things of their motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantinetheGreat View Post
    Alleria was ruined by the void elf thing. It's entirely appropriate they wanted to develop her past just being Turalyon's hot elf squeeze, but there are plenty of more interesting ways they could have gone about it that wouldn't trash on the character as it was already established. This has happened with a lot of lore across the game though. Warcraft, much like Star Wars, is suffering the natural consequences of a story that has been told for entirely too long. In order to keep the story "fresh" writers feel the need to take characters and plot points in directions that clash with what was established previously. There is a way to do it, but it isn't easy to do well.
    Why was the void thing not interesting enough? It does make her quite relevant by making her connected chiefly to the source and origin of a new race, and unlike Sylvanas it is not a race of humans but of elves, giving her a lot of relevance. Whether they choose to use that relvance is another matter and whether they use it well too remains to be seen.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-01-02 at 12:20 AM.

Why was the void thing not interesting enough? It does make her quite relevant by making her connected chiefly to the source and origin of a new race, and unlike Sylvanas it is a race of humans, giving her a lot of relevance. Whether they choose to use that relvance is another matter and whether they use it well too remains to be seen.
    I think it's less about the void and new lore paving the way for void bullshit and more about the taking an existince lore character and giving them a new power never seen before, making them the FIRST of their kind.... and tossing in a long ass time skip to try and validate their progress...

So Alleria is now not only a thousands of year old elf who's fought multiple wars.... but a thousands year old elf imbued with the destructive power of the void the no one else has ever mastered AND is a major leader among legion fighting forces waging an endless war across the nether only to come home and not really know what the hell she's doing.