Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

BWL/AQ/Naxx will be demolished with ease.

- Within, of course, the time allowed via gating/grinding. The actual bosses will go down like flies in a window on a summers day.

This isn't criticism of the game, but a wake-up call to those who think Classic was just "hard" and that no amount of player experience will change that: you are completely wrong. This content will be a cake-walk for any reasonably experienced guild. People put MC being cleared so fast down to 1.12: trust me, it would have been cleared in the same time even in an earlier patch.

And when this starts, I'm expecting to see the usual conspiracy theories about "stealth nerfs" and whatnot. Just accept you're not going to be waiting for months on end to see bosses fall. Concentrate on your progress and enjoyment of the game, ultimately

Thanks Captain Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    This is bait
    But it's true, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    This is bait
    But hes correct and each will be cleared within the week of their release (and access).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    What difference does it make?

You mean people have learned in 15 years how to use pots, wizard oil, flasks, potions, stack buffs and itemize vs showing up in greens and yelling “PULL!”?

So bosses don’t have 5 phases, you don’t need players to nuke adds or set up stacks/spread out etc. SO WHAT?

You’re basically complaining that people want to play a game they enjoy in an version/era they loved or never got to see?
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

High end raiding guilds should have no problems, but I can see casual raids struggling a lot more especially if they have never raided it before. The raids themselves are not hard and I doubt that a lot of people even call them hard in the first place.

Both BWL and AQ will be cleared first day they come out,BWL in around 3 hours tops,maybe less.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    What difference does it make?

You mean people have learned in 15 years how to use pots, wizard oil, flasks, potions, stack buffs and itemize vs showing up in greens and yelling “PULL!”?

So bosses don’t have 5 phases, you don’t need players to nuke adds or set up stacks/spread out etc. SO WHAT?

You’re basically complaining that people want to play a game they enjoy in an version/era they loved or never got to see?
    He's just telling people who think classic is "hard" is wrong. That isn't a complaint.

The little content that Classic has is piss easy, this isn't news to anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet I'll still have infinitely more fun than I'd ever have on retail

OP could you please stream the release of BWL / AQ / Naxx and show us when you clear it within hours of opening?

I mean, some people will for sure.
    But the majority of the players will not, by far.

Shocking and unexpected. 15 years old content where preparation plays a huge role will be rolled over. Especially with people that have experienced and practiced it a lot over these years.

Who could havr thought of that .. enlightening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moor Shadows View Post
    - Within, of course, the time allowed via gating/grinding. The actual bosses will go down like flies in a window on a summers day.

This isn't criticism of the game, but a wake-up call to those who think Classic was just "hard" and that no amount of player experience will change that: you are completely wrong. This content will be a cake-walk for any reasonably experienced guild. People put MC being cleared so fast down to 1.12: trust me, it would have been cleared in the same time even in an earlier patch.

And when this starts, I'm expecting to see the usual conspiracy theories about "stealth nerfs" and whatnot. Just accept you're not going to be waiting for months on end to see bosses fall. Concentrate on your progress and enjoyment of the game, ultimately
    Within the first few weeks of MC, people were already doing enough DPS to down Patchwerk. Gonna be really fun to see how high people go and how short fights will be with BiS naxx gear.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Yet I'll still have infinitely more fun than I'd ever have on retail
    Those 7 hour long 5 man dungeons really get you wet and heavy, huh?

MC was always easy, but 1.12 makes it almost too easy. You have guilds downing that shit in under an hour, and casual guilds doing it in only a few. BWL will be a lot easier than it was on launch as well, but it'll still be quite a bit tougher than MC. Bosses are significantly more difficult and demanding (at least compared to MC) and some are, numbers-wise, pretty tough. 1.12 invalidates a lot of the original tightness of that, but it'll still be there.

AQ and Naxx on the other hand will be relatively demanding. Guilds will down them fairly easy compared to Retail, but you won't be easily pugging C'thun runs or full Naxx runs. Numbers, especially resistances/hit rates/all the garbage minute numbers, will be super demanding. Only the most dedicated no-lifers are going to bother getting to a point where they're full Naxx ready.

15+ Year Old Account
    Clearing the raid isn't the entire allure of classic; like I know mmo C is a narrow corridor of echoes pinging off each other, but really what's slowed down is character progression.

Guilds will clear BWL first week, but you still won't have Thundefury, still won't have the weapons unless you get lucky, still will be competing for the trinkets and rings and ZG is still gated behind BWL, so you can't work on the next enchants or rep anyway, for even more min/max and progression. ZG phase has the bloodvine set which is like Elemental/Warlock wet dream, I'm already collecting the mojo for it.

But yeah, there's more to your character progression and also the economy ramps up because guilds are gonna be pressing even more for consumables on people. Like right now people are getting off cheap because we all are lenient about MC and Ony, MC can be cleared in blues/greens and Ony can be 25 manned yada yada, but if your guild suddenly starts requesting you to be flasked for the raid (only bads can't farm a flask in a week), economy is gonna ramp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many guilds wiped a lot in MC. I'm sure that Naxx will be a worthy challenge for casual players. For nolifers? Not so much, but who cares?

Retail stuff get cleared pretty fast too. When people say Vanilla is hard, they didn't mean for modern gamers of 2020. They meant relative to its time period. Vanilla still has highest average times for the raids to be cleared. The times just got lower as time went on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Within the first few weeks of MC, people were already doing enough DPS to down Patchwerk. Gonna be really fun to see how high people go and how short fights will be with BiS naxx gear.
    Out of curiosity, are you looking at like 15 second logs of Lucifron? Because that level of dps is gonna be harder to sustain over a longer period. Not saying you're wrong though, people are way better now.

- - - Updated - - -

Disclaimer: Never played private servers and haven't looked into it much.
    C'thun is probably the first actually difficult boss, atleast a big step-up over everything before. You won't be able to carry a lot of bad players through there since there's personal responsibility to spread out and not beam the entire raid. There's a lot more personal pressure in Naxx too on bosses like Thaddius where one idiot can wipe your entire raid or Loatheb where you have to bring consumables for every pull.

I'm curious to see how far my guild will go, we're a 50/50 mix of casuals and min-maxers. Having good internet and decent computers these days will be a big help too.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    But hes correct and each will be cleared within the week of their release (and access).
    He is correct, but it's still bait.

...and just to point out: He's still wrong in some way. BWL/AQ/Naxx are gonna be super easy and will be cleared by top guilds very fast in Classic, however this doesn't change the fact that vanilla was once considered very hard and that it took a long time and a lot of practice for the guilds back then to clear the content.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2020-01-01 at 11:04 PM.